Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The song is in the trailer lmao. It’s just a dramatic version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yeah it's right at the end wtf how did you miss that

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Groovelord Neato posted:

Time to read 500 pages of the Mortal Kombat wiki to fill myself in on the stupid backstory.

considering it's mk2 you just gotta worry about that

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
No I mean I literally want the entire film scored to only that exact version of the song

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I saw the original MK in the theater and someone yelled out "MORTAL KOMBAAAAAT!" just like the commercial as the lights went down and it's still to date one of the biggest laughs I've ever heard from a live audience.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

looks great, but I think they put every money shot in the trailer

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If it's anything like other first trailers from WB most of the money shots aren't even finished yet

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
TIDES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOOoDf1Gttc

Doors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKnbsstui0

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Lighting is one of those things you don't notice until it's really poo poo. In so many of these shots the characters' faces are way too dark.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Peanut President posted:

considering it's mk2 you just gotta worry about that

Already sounded like it had more lore than I remember that game having just from the trailer. But I did recognize all the characters from 2 though that looked more like Goro than Kintaro.

LesterGroans posted:

No I mean I literally want the entire film scored to only that exact version of the song

Also dub in the original GET OVER HERE.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

if this is the reason kyp malone hasn't been working on a new TV on the Radio album, booo

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

my favorite exchange from the MK trailer:

"it's a birthmark"

"what do you mean"

"he was born with it"

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

"it's a birthmark"

"what do you mean"

"he was born with it"

Some real "Too bad YOU... will die!" energy to that dialogue.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ShoogaSlim posted:

"it's a birthmark"

"what do you mean"

"he was born with it"

lol yea that made me pause too

i was under the impression that birthmarks came with puberty

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Carthag Tuek posted:

lol yea that made me pause too

i was under the impression that birthmarks came with puberty

Uh, you should probably get that thing checked out

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

too late, i already pubered

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

This looks like a student film lol

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

This looks promising.

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Come True

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qe6F2cp5sHs

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Seems like a horror version of Until the End of the World.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Actually looks decent. Would love to see a trailer for it cut by a competent house because that is a bad trailer.

Also looks like someone discovered aescripts.com and wrote a movie around it.

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

https://vimeo.com/446537040

An alternate trailer, on director/writer/DP/editor/composer Anthony Scott Burns' vimeo. He got his start in mograph so all the screen FX stuff is probably him too.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Prolonged Priapism posted:

https://vimeo.com/446537040

An alternate trailer, on director/writer/DP/editor/composer Anthony Scott Burns' vimeo. He got his start in mograph so all the screen FX stuff is probably him too.

haha perfect

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I can only see Daft Punk with those helmets

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H83kjG5RCT8

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures
next Pixar looks cute. nice departure from their house style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIBlPVe9s

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

FoneBone posted:

next Pixar looks cute. nice departure from their house style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdAIBlPVe9s

That's got to be the same people behind the Luna short, right?

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

AFewBricksShy posted:

That's got to be the same people behind the Luna short, right?

yep, same director

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

FoneBone posted:

yep, same director

I was just coming back to edit my post.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1154836/?ref_=tt_ov_dr#director

I really like his style.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Looks like a serious downgrade from Soul, but anything was bound to be right?

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I actually quite like the simplified art style.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This trailer looks great. Excited about Snyder for once!

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Shageletic posted:

This trailer looks great. Excited about Snyder for once!

I'm not sure. I think Snyder's problem is that there is a mismatch between what he thinks he's good at and and what he is actually good at.

In my opinion, where Snyder shines is in bold art direction and cinematography in service of simple stories. What he is bad at is pretty much everything else. I think he looks at himself as a deep thinker who is expressing powerful ideas. The trouble is, he's not really a deep thinker at all. I think that's why he's never done better than 300. It's a very shallow movie that looks amazing. Compare that to Watchmen. Looks beautiful, but it is completely surface level. He took an amazingly intricate source that goes deep into lots of high minded areas and gave the most surface interpretation of it. It looks especially bad when you compare it with Damon Lindelof's TV show which not only totally understands the depths of the source, but expands on it in very smart ways.

When it comes to this movie, this looks like something someone like Michael Bay should be directing, not Snyder. Snyder is a good director of action, but not this kind of action. He's really good at beautiful stylized action set pieces between individuals, not "make things go boom" Bay style stuff.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

confused posted:

Damon Lindelof... understands... smart ways.

Not making fun of you, I just think Lindelof is a great idea man but he's a hack as a storyteller. The Watchmen TV series is good because it was only one season. If they come back with Lindelof he'll go right into the patented "why plan? just make poo poo up as we go" à la Lost

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Dillbag posted:

Not making fun of you, I just think Lindelof is a great idea man but he's a hack as a storyteller. The Watchmen TV series is good because it was only one season. If they come back with Lindelof he'll go right into the patented "why plan? just make poo poo up as we go" à la Lost

Which is why he was quite clear about the fact that if they wanted to do Watchmen Season 2, they would have to do it without him.

Between Watchmen and Leftovers, Lindelof is clearly at his best when he is allowed to tell a story with beginning, middle and end.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Nap Ghost

AceOfFlames posted:

Which is why he was quite clear about the fact that if they wanted to do Watchmen Season 2, they would have to do it without him.

Between Watchmen and Leftovers, Lindelof is clearly at his best when he is allowed to tell a story with beginning, middle and end.

Ha, I didn't know he had said he wouldn't be back.

I'm aware it's a different medium and he wasn't the sole writer on any of these, but my counterpoint would be Tomorrowland, Wold War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Prometheus. Four recent movies with script problems they tried to fix with recuts and reshoots, none of which were entirely successful (regardless of box office). Tomorrowland was so hosed up they fired Walter Murch because they couldn't fire Brad Bird. Sorry to turn this into Lindelof chat though!

Doors looks real bad. I'll watch Army of the Dead because it looks brainless and it's "free" on Netflix. I have no interest in the Justice League Snyder Cut.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Dillbag posted:

I'm aware it's a different medium and he wasn't the sole writer on any of these, but my counterpoint would be Tomorrowland, Wold War Z, Star Trek Into Darkness, and Prometheus. Four recent movies with script problems they tried to fix with recuts and reshoots, none of which were entirely successful (regardless of box office). Tomorrowland was so hosed up they fired Walter Murch because they couldn't fire Brad Bird. Sorry to turn this into Lindelof chat though!

Doors looks real bad. I'll watch Army of the Dead because it looks brainless and it's "free" on Netflix. I have no interest in the Justice League Snyder Cut.

Any problems with Prometheus (a movie with very few but not zero problems) aren’t Lindelof’s fault

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

confused posted:

I'm not sure. I think Snyder's problem is that there is a mismatch between what he thinks he's good at and and what he is actually good at.

In my opinion, where Snyder shines is in bold art direction and cinematography in service of simple stories. What he is bad at is pretty much everything else. I think he looks at himself as a deep thinker who is expressing powerful ideas. The trouble is, he's not really a deep thinker at all. I think that's why he's never done better than 300. It's a very shallow movie that looks amazing. Compare that to Watchmen. Looks beautiful, but it is completely surface level. He took an amazingly intricate source that goes deep into lots of high minded areas and gave the most surface interpretation of it. It looks especially bad when you compare it with Damon Lindelof's TV show which not only totally understands the depths of the source, but expands on it in very smart ways.

When it comes to this movie, this looks like something someone like Michael Bay should be directing, not Snyder. Snyder is a good director of action, but not this kind of action. He's really good at beautiful stylized action set pieces between individuals, not "make things go boom" Bay style stuff.

But this trailer seems like a relatively simple zombie/heist movie. I feel like thats a good way to avoid Snyder's woeful writing deficiencies, by focusing on action and violence. Anyway thats what I'm hoping at least.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dillbag posted:

Lindelof did a great job opening his writing room to unique diverse voices. The black writers behind Watchmen were the ones pushing the Tulsa connection and fighting white supremacy, and I think we have to give him credit being so open to collaboration. I haven't anyone saying a mean thing about him when it comes to that, which is a rare thing for a show runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Time to change the Snyderdome thread title to Zack Snyder’s Whoaful Writing.