Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

"self-described father"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

LastInLine posted:

Yeah I should've but I made the reply then went back and read the rest of the thread :(

I didn't say ambulance chasing was necessarily bad. In a world literally no automotive passenger safety standards or regulations it was obviously necessary. It's difficult imagine stuff like reverse lights, seat belts, and passenger side door mirrors being optional with a near-zero take rate (especially on cheaper cars like the Corvair).

On the other hand, Unsafe at Any Speed was definitely a hit piece that cherry-picked evidence in its favor while ignoring the rest. The Corvair wasn't appreciably more deadly than any other car of the era assuming the driver could drive and knew what oversteer was. The only reason to pick it over any other car at the time was because it was highly visible and GM had the most money to go after. The book was sensationalist and factually shaky to promote his career, GM just guessed wrongly when they supposed that he wasn't in it for altruistic reasons which, in retrospect, seems to have been the case.

Also LOL didn't Bernie say he "didn't want to be the next Nader" as his reason for backstabbing the left?

so, like, the book was an effective campaigning tool which ended up doing exactly what it was supposed to without actually saying anything that wasn't true?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

LastInLine posted:

Yeah I should've but I made the reply then went back and read the rest of the thread :(

I didn't say ambulance chasing was necessarily bad. In a world literally no automotive passenger safety standards or regulations it was obviously necessary. It's difficult imagine stuff like reverse lights, seat belts, and passenger side door mirrors being optional with a near-zero take rate (especially on cheaper cars like the Corvair).

On the other hand, Unsafe at Any Speed was definitely a hit piece that cherry-picked evidence in its favor while ignoring the rest. The Corvair wasn't appreciably more deadly than any other car of the era assuming the driver could drive and knew what oversteer was. The only reason to pick it over any other car at the time was because it was highly visible and GM had the most money to go after. The book was sensationalist and factually shaky to promote his career, GM just guessed wrongly when they supposed that he wasn't in it for altruistic reasons which, in retrospect, seems to have been the case.

Also LOL didn't Bernie say he "didn't want to be the next Nader" as his reason for backstabbing the left?

“I’m not saying ambulance chasers are bad, but let me tell you about the bad things this particular ambulance chaser did”

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
yeah you can’t really use a term like “ambulance chaser” and try to walk that back while simultaneously plowing forward

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
there was a post on reddit last year with like half a million upvotes that was an amateur video of a commuter train going by somewhere in china and the description claimed it was a communist uighur rape train and if you listen really closely you can hear women inside screaming. i have no idea what they were basing this off of because you couldn't hear anything but train noises and it just looked like an elevated rail going around a city

like 75% of all the all time top posts on reddit are anti chinese propaganda

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Lyndon LaRouche enthusiastically backed Martin O'Malley for president.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

paul_soccer12 posted:

there was a post on reddit last year with like half a million upvotes that was an amateur video of a commuter train going by somewhere in china and the description claimed it was a communist uighur rape train and if you listen really closely you can hear women inside screaming.

I like that they’ve moved on to cartoonishly hyperbolic accusations

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

The Iowa caucus meltdown last year was a real crack-ping for me

that includes the aftermath too, because the narrative was "we will learn our lesson from this and do away with caucuses" and I'm guessing no, there are no plans for that to happen

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

control of the entire VA general assembly was decided by a coin flip a few years ago

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
if you are a fan of the 2020 primary, you may enjoy the 2016 primary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swm3l19knc

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

paul_soccer12 posted:

if you are a fan of the 2020 primary, you may enjoy the 2016 primary!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6swm3l19knc

I'm the lady aimlessly walking by with a glass of red wine

also: lol yt recommended a Matt Foley video after this one.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

John Edwards' $1,250 haircuts

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Low Desert Punk posted:

If you live in Raleigh and need a lawyer...
https://www.edwardskirby.com/

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Echo Chamber posted:

If you live in Raleigh and need a lawyer...
https://www.edwardskirby.com/
Bahahahahah

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

once stood within striking distance of the Presidency of the USA, now is a personal injury lawyer. this is some better call saul poo poo.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

uber_stoat posted:

once stood within striking distance of the Presidency of the USA, now is a personal injury lawyer. this is some better call saul poo poo.
In all fairness he's probably doing more good helping clients get their money while collecting big attorney fees than the elder statesman/Netflix/lecture circuit grift that the Obamas and Clintons are doing.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
dipped his wick in some true strange and then doubled down on it, gotta respect the sheer hubris & temerity there

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

uber_stoat posted:

His background even at the time as senator was always presented as "trial lawyer."

Code word for manipulative slimeball, which he of course was, but yeah that guy getting dunked on for using the term ambulance chaser doesn't seem to get what the term is used for

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Low Desert Punk posted:

john edwards has an enormous hog

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he farms too?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Jamon Edwards

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

John Edwards
LBJ
Fidel Castro

Who are the presidents or near presidents with tiny dicks

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

MikeCrotch posted:

John Edwards
LBJ
Fidel Castro

trumps was described to be like a toadstool with yeti pubes

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

MikeCrotch posted:

John Edwards
LBJ
Fidel Castro

james madison was our shortest president so he probably wasn't packin heat

whereas i feel bad for mary todd lincoln for having to withstand her husband's enormous marfan'd up rod

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin
Bernie won Iowa in 2016 and 2020 and the media never recognized it either time lmbo

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot
Karl Rove blowing Valerie Plame's cover because her husband wrote an op-ed about how Saddam Hussein probably did not buy yellow cake uranium from Nigeria

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

John Boehner crying for all sorts of stuff

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The Iowa caucus meltdown last year was a real crack-ping for me

that includes the aftermath too, because the narrative was "we will learn our lesson from this and do away with caucuses" and I'm guessing no, there are no plans for that to happen

lmao a dude wrote an op ed this week saying the iowa caucuses were an old piece of poo poo truck but it is still running, so we should stick with it

https://twitter.com/LauraRBelin/status/1365126951770480640?s=20

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

MikeCrotch posted:

John Edwards
LBJ
Fidel Castro

if you look at the al gore picture when he's jogging with clinton dude has a nubbin

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

net work error posted:

John Boehner crying for all sorts of stuff

the weeping boner

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
i wanna live in an iowa county so i can force pp butt and beto to eat a fried ham or whatever

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Kitfox88 posted:

he farms too?

oh you better believe he’s doing some plowing

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode

Eat This Glob posted:

if you look at the al gore picture when he's jogging with clinton dude has a nubbin

that dick cheney photo where he's packing a hog in his sweats

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

NightGyr posted:

Name checks out

I dunno if Dubya had a small or big dick but I bet he had trouble getting it up from all the coke and whatnot he did as a youth

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

NightGyr posted:

it's funny as hell that Cheney is still alive

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

adrenochrome is a helluva drug

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Dick Cheney signing Sacha Baron Cohen's waterboarding kit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

uber_stoat posted:

that's what he did before he got into politics, so he was saul before saul was a thing