Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pancakes is a cute name for a cat...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Wyrmthang posted:

Holy poo poo, I was looking for a static group and I came across this on FFXIV Recruitment

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/lrz7pp/primal_excalibur_looking_for_fc/

Go ahead and check his post history to find out that this guy is a sexist, racist, abelist, transphobe and all sorts of other wonderful things.

Or better yet don't and just take my word on it because holy gently caress.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I mean, I could tell by his username.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Wyrmthang posted:

Holy poo poo, I was looking for a static group and I came across this on FFXIV Recruitment

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFXIVRECRUITMENT/comments/lrz7pp/primal_excalibur_looking_for_fc/

This is like yikes squared

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

Wyrmthang posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Apparently that was the third removed post made about TPT in the past week... Did I miss some drama

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
he's a bigot and wants to find a group of similars

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. :v:
And I had it cached.

quote:

Hey friends,

Looking for a new FC, the one I'm in right now is loving trash. Hoping to find a group of people who actually enjoy the game and don't spend their lives bitching about it. Also people who aren't complete losers. Here are some examples of the kind of people (all of them are on Excalibur in the FC Third Party Tools [EULA]) that I'm NOT looking for:

Enchilada Night - In the running for number one douchebag in the FC. This idiot loves to brag about how much gil he has. When talking to people who are struggling for cash, he'll say such wonderful things as "Oh, I've forgotten what it's like to need money in this game." And he'll be serious about it too, oblivious to what a shitbag he sounds like. And none of this will stop him from needing on everything he can, whenever he can. The FC has a policy against talking about story spoilers in chat, so of course Enchilada went on a spoiler spree, got called out for it, demoted from being an officer, then got pissy about it. A true man-child. He sucks at the game too, so watch out if you see him in your group.

Oliver Cox - It's like "cocks" see? But with an X! Yep, Oliver is gay. And like most of the stupid side of homosexuals, he defines himself entirely by his sexuality. He constantly chats about his rear end, making the worst sorts of jokes in a desperate bid for attention. Someone might say something like "This encounter is pretty hard" and Oliver will quickly respond "My rear end is hard". When no one pays attention to him, he either ups the frequency of the pathetic gay talk or starts saying equally stupid things about his cat Pancakes. Yes, even the cat has a stupid name. Oliver is a grown man who lives with his mother, works for a call-center, and can't even get laid using Grindr. I know this because he likes to use free company chat as his own personal blog from time to time. He usually plays a scholar, and he is awful at it.

Nicaden Cormac - This loser loves to talk about his amazing puns, but no one finds him funny. When he is not getting attention, he starts typing random sets of gibberish in chat and claims it's his dog jumping up and playing around. Isn't that cute? It's especially considerate of the dog to press enter after eight to ten keystrokes each time, so chat can get spammed with several lines and we can all notice Nicaden. Nicaden also claims to be deaf. Mental and genetic flaws run rampant in this FC.

Emeline Ardente - This person is just an all-around grumpy oval office who loves to complain about nearly everything in the game, as if they are some sort of expert and could do it better. Emeline also sucks at the game, and was recently booted from their static for it. This caused them to stop logging in for a while, and it was really nice.

Yuki Yuyuki - Yuki is another insufferable grouch who can't help but complain about everything. Back when Bozja was still fresh, Yuki really wanted the titles for winning all the duels. But Yuki was having trouble getting selected for the duels. Oh the rage. Yuki hated everyone who already had a title, because they were denying him his rightful due. He raged about it so hard in FC chat that others had to tell him to simmer down. Even annoying Oliver tried to calm him down, but this only caused Yuki to rage harder. He managed to make Oliver look like the good guy for a night, which is really hard to do. Then Yuki raged so much he actually "quit" the game. Only for two weeks or so unfortunately. No one missed him.

Lance Doomtaker - Lance is just pathetic. He's constantly trying to sell things to other free company members for prices that are rarely better than the market board, and sometimes higher. His chat generally consists of, surprise surprise, complaining about nearly every mechanic in the game. He is, of course, a terrible player himself. He likes to tank but sucks at every role, so watch out for him.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

so is this a goon who posts in this thread? or just a random friend or something that got invited

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I can't believe he left out my large house

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Kurieg posted:

And I had it cached.

I feel called out that I didn't get called out here.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
:lol: I didn't even know they were talking about a goon guild, I'm not familiar with them.

Was this poo poo actually a member? If so, how the hell were they able to bite their tongue long enough to make it through the invite process? Like every post in their reddit history would be ban-worthy here.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Imagine being such a broke brained chud piece of trash that you're compelled to spam FFXIV reddits with your ranting about the incredibly innocuous things your FC does

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Blockhouse posted:

Imagine being such a broke brained chud piece of trash that you're compelled to spam FFXIV reddits with your ranting about the incredibly innocuous things your FC does

i prefer to imagine their impotent rage as their posts get removed and everyone in this thread/on discord makes fun of them, as they're assuredly lurking one or both

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

how dare you all disrespect my extremely normal posts

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

if your fc bugs you that much you can just leave. like regardless of anything else saving 20 gil on aetheryes and having a bunch of vendors standing around in the fc house isnt that integral to your gameplay experience

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
"And like most of the stupid side of homosexuals..." :eyepop:

Marceline Abadeer
Oct 14, 2012
"Mental and genetic flaws run rampant in this FC" should absolutely be the new recruitment slogan.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"Mental and genetic flaws run rampant in this game" could be a decent thread title

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think the most insulting thing about me in that post is that I've never even been an officer which means he can't even actually remember my name and someone else's

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Feb 25, 2021

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Let's maybe not since it was used to make fun of a literal deaf person?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like hearing about Pancakes the cat in FC chat :mad:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kurieg posted:

Let's maybe not since it was used to make fun of a literal deaf person?

Sorry I edited to clarify, you're right

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Thought I was feeling pretty comfortable as a healer, and thinking "maybe I can do this". Then todays leveling roulette puts me in Aurum Vale. Full on healer anxiety.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Big lol at that post saying I got booted from a non-existent static and stopped logging in because of it, even though I'm online basically every day. Clearly I need to be crankier to piss them off more so they'll actually pay attention.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I would like to know more about Pancakes the cat.

May 8, 2006

Raised By Birds posted:

I would like to know more about Pancakes the cat.

pancakes is the second-best food name cat in TPT, after Eggs Benedict the cat

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
lol I know it'd count as harassment but I'd love more heckling of this dickwad

also vaguely heckling but I want to do more PVP to annoy them with my ineptitude, they get so SASSY in chat!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Big yikes on that post, holy moly. Like that's your pitch to try to find a new group?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I mean they aren't wrong with the cat name thing, why name them pancakes and not the far superior breakfast food French Toast?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Stroopwaffle

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just had an urge to rename my lala donut hole

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I see the pixies are uh, traditional in this

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
TPT did have to try to stop Yuki from being continually salty over the duel mechanic in Bozja though. :v: (Not that they were actually wrong; the process could definitely stand to be refined.)

But yeah, big yikes on whoever the hell this was that got under the radar long enough to formulate half-wrong-at-best opinions on a half-dozen of TPT's members.

Control Volume posted:

I see the pixies are uh, traditional in this
As they say, do not gently caress with the Fae.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

My favorite bit with the fae in Il Mheg is (Shadowbringers spoiler) when the Fuath decide to drown you, so you can join them, but it's foiled by the WoL's ability to breathe underwater. So you just get teleported to a random spot in the lake and have to swim back to shore.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Begemot posted:

My favorite bit with the fae in Il Mheg is (Shadowbringers spoiler) when the Fuath decide to drown you, so you can join them, but it's foiled by the WoL's ability to breathe underwater. So you just get teleported to a random spot in the lake and have to swim back to shore.

my enjoyment of this part was expanded even more by Alisaie freaking out as much as/more than everyone else when she above everyone else should know you have that power, because she got it with you

TastesLikeChicken
Dec 30, 2007

Doesn't everything?

Pancakes is best kitty.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
WoL: I can breathe underwater.
Urianger: Is it possible to learn this power?

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.
I wonder if they're still in TPT because I'm really going to have to work on my stupid posting and bad playing if I'm not memorable in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

AngusPodgorny posted:

I wonder if they're still in TPT because I'm really going to have to work on my stupid posting and bad playing if I'm not memorable in any way.

Same. I can't believe I'm not lovely enough to make the cut on a post like this.