Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the guy he tried to rudely sabotage iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Oh yeah it was the guy in the pink car who slid backwards off the track next to max but because he was not max, he did not hit the wall and instead drove the tits clean off that car and took first place

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I'm receiving reports that the gentleman in that pink car has joined redbull lol uh oh look out max checo is gonna clown your amphibian rear end so badly you're gonna be the first person to slur his way out of an F1 career

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://www.thedrive.com/news/39466/gene-haas-pulled-romain-grosjeans-indycar-sponsorship-out-of-fear-of-facing-widow-or-his-kids

Even Gene knows Romain can't stop trying to kill himself

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Frond posted:

That's really not what he said - he said "wait for non demo tires".

lol just lol if you can't read between the lines about being 'realistic' and not knowing if they have succeeded until they race it in Bahrain.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tsaedje posted:

lol just lol if you can't read between the lines about being 'realistic' and not knowing if they have succeeded until they race it in Bahrain.

I think people probably would put more weight into literally any opinion you had on things if it couldn’t always be distilled down to “actually this thing that isn’t 100% pure British is bad and sucks” lmao

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Max sucks and Lewis is the best

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Isn't there a speed limit on those photoshoot tests anyways? even if there isn't if the tire grip isn't there its hard to draw any meaningful assessment of the car's performance.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Weird way to say you're broke

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

the corona quid posted:

So excited for another year of a Mercedes blow out. Can’t wait 🙄

https://www.planetf1.com/news/gene-haas-mercedes-killed-f1/

Do you and Gene want some fries to go with all that salt??

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

hell yeah op

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

god i can't wait to see max recklessly trying to overtake checo and spinning into a wall

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Truest post in this thread imo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Max drove straight into a wall lmbo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

https://www.planetf1.com/news/gene-haas-mercedes-killed-f1/

Do you and Gene want some fries to go with all that salt??

I just won't watch 🤷🏼‍♂️

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gene is a loving idiot though, he bought in when Mercedes was dominating, its not like this came out of nowhere for him lmao

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

ArmZ posted:

god i can't wait to see max recklessly trying to overtake checo and spinning into a wall

He did it twice last season remember when Max tried to pass the cool calm and collected Checo in Turkey and spun immediately while Checo drove his completely destroyed tires to a 3rd place finish

god checo kicks rear end

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Should I write all of y'alls "Checo had a worse car he was sabotaged he had to be or he would of won omg max is bad" posts for you now, or should I wait until mid-season and you're posting them yourselves?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Khablam posted:

Should I write all of y'alls "Checo had a worse car he was sabotaged he had to be or he would of won omg max is bad" posts for you now, or should I wait until mid-season and you're posting them yourselves?

lmao unironically this. Whole lot of people putting the cart before the horse.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I don't even think Max is some genius wunderkind but he does have speed and for all the "max fucks up a lot" posts there's a lot of times that Perez has hosed up just as much. Not to mention the whole red bull project is geared around max. If Perez does manage to outperform him I'll be pretty impressed.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The last time Perez had any sort of pressure to actually perform was McLaren and he loving sucked then.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the corona quid posted:

Gene is a loving idiot though, he bought in when Mercedes was dominating, its not like this came out of nowhere for him lmao

Gene is the dumbest person in F1 by a lot

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Khablam posted:

You can write mine I guess. I'll cite you when I post it of course.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

the corona quid posted:

The last time Perez had any sort of pressure to actually perform was McLaren and he loving sucked then.

To be fair

He was replacing Sir Lewis, and it was as McLaren started their very rapid downfall.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Checo will see more podiums than Max because he will finish more races

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 26, 2021

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Checo will see more podiums than Max because he will finish more races

very brave of you to do that without a toxx lmao

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

the corona quid posted:

I just won't watch 🤷🏼‍♂️

track day bro!, is that you?!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've long been advocating that there is better racing among the Spanish twinks in MotoGP that you should be watching

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

the corona quid posted:

I think people probably would put more weight into literally any opinion you had on things if it couldn’t always be distilled down to “actually this thing that isn’t 100% pure British is bad and sucks” lmao

This is a frankly bizarre interpretation of my posting. The closest I come is not agreeing that absolutely everything British sucks automatically.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tsaedje posted:

This is a frankly bizarre interpretation of my posting. The closest I come is not agreeing that absolutely everything British sucks automatically.

honestly given the british propensity for theft you never can tell whether something is, say, actually british and not, for example greek or welsh or indian etc etc etc

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
checo will do better than max

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

FAUXTON posted:

honestly given the british propensity for theft you never can tell whether something is, say, actually british and not, for example greek or welsh or indian etc etc etc

The Welsh have been British longer than the English have, we even stole that

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

checo will do better than max

Max will do better than checo although not by a huge margin and everyone itt will say he was sabotaged by horner.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Tsaedje posted:

The Welsh have been British longer than the English have, we even stole that

y'all stole stonehenge

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

the corona quid posted:

I've long been advocating that there is better racing among the Spanish twinks in MotoGP that you should be watching
The Spanish British and German anthems are three of the worst in the world and it's so depressing that the top level sports will never play any other anthem.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The Spanish British and German anthems are three of the worst in the world and it's so depressing that the top level sports will never play any other anthem.

USA BABYYYYYY

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The Big Jesus posted:

USA BABYYYYYY

there are right hand turns in f1 so americans are unable to drive

also the predilection to terrible decisions means american teams constantly hire russian mafia failsons or german vegetable failsons so you won't be hearing our garbage anthem (which needed the immortal golden talent of whitney houston to even make it listenable) on an F1 podium any time soon.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 26, 2021

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

it was a good thing nicky won so few races on his way to the championship because those podium songs sucked

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Will Tsunoda get in there giving us a different anthem than usual?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I hope so, but the Japanese anthem is almost worse than the Austrian if you can believe it