Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
for anything but edibles a coffee grinder probably grinds it too small. if you plan on filtering out solids it's probably a good choice for edibles though. based on the cheap cheap cheap medicinal pounds i used to get, a coffee grinder is probably what the big boys use too. they'd come as a giant vacuum sealed bag of atomized weed particles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
*packs bong with ground weed with the consistency of talcum powder*

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Delta-Wye posted:

for anything but edibles a coffee grinder probably grinds it too small. if you plan on filtering out solids it's probably a good choice for edibles though. based on the cheap cheap cheap medicinal pounds i used to get, a coffee grinder is probably what the big boys use too. they'd come as a giant vacuum sealed bag of atomized weed particles.

The grow I worked for used this special grinder that was basically a tube with weed whacker line spinning inside that apparently cost like a thousand dollars or someshit. But it could completely grind an entire pound in 5 seconds.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Oh you mean the best kind

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Soylent Majority
Jul 13, 2020

Dune 2: Chicks At The Same Time

this I can do

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

i just did its cool

Chinatown posted:

i just find a little stemy bit of the bottom of a nug to use as a plug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

i am harry has issued a correction as of 02:16 on Feb 26, 2021

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
with kief bowls i like to try and keep the flame away from the bowl and try and use just the hot air around it? else it just bursts into flames and you waste like half

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

yeah totally. the cherry usually goes out again right away, so it isn't sitting there staying lit, which is what I find happens with concentrate.*

*so for that, you use big crunchy bits in the bowl and a dollop of concentrate on top, which helps them burn. :science:

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
smoking weed and sleeping under the stars on a clear night. The moon is almost full and the forest is bright. Good times

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Backcountry posted:

smoking weed and sleeping under the stars on a clear night. The moon is almost full and the forest is bright. Good times

i sleep in a big bed, with my wife

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/vcFFL5c.mp4

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

tmfc posted:

i mean, i grind my weed and dump it into the box, where it sits w/a couple guitar picks. that's it, time naturally does the work for me.

once enough accumulates in the box for me to easily scoop up, it goes into an airtight container with a boveda pack.

super minimal effort, and in a few months' time i'll have enough kief to make a seriously potent tincture, or capsules, or infused butter/oil, etc.

the kief collection also came in very handy recently when i was out of flower and oil. it packs very nicely into a dynavap.

vaping's all about the frugality and utility for me. i try to get as much out of my bud as i can.

I have endless kief how do I make something super potent out of it? I'm not really interested in vaping or burning it but if I could eat or drink it that would be nice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

decarb it: sprinkle onto a piece of foil on a baking sheet, cover with another piece of foil, bake at a low temp like 230° F for at least 30 mins. basically "activates" all the THC. from there you can eat it as-is, or make tincture with it + everclear, or fill 00 capsules with it, etc.

or instead of dry-decarbing, make cannabutter or infused coconut oil with it, then use that to bake something tasty.

you could really just take any edible/extraction/infusion/whatever recipe that calls for flower and just sub the same amount of kief.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i am harry posted:

i just did its cool

i just find a little stemy bit of the bottom of a nug to use as a plug

in the rare instances where I actually smoke bowls, I like to use glass screens

I also like to use a tamp/cleaner tool like this when I smoke bowls

w/the screen and tamp, you can scrape and pack the bud down as the bowl burns, so that you can smoke everything nice and efficiently before it gets all rezzed and crummy tasting. reduces shooters and helps keep the bowl cleaner between deep-cleanings as well

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I use a plastic grinder https://www.amazon.com/Gracula-Garlic-Twist-Crusher-OTOTO/dp/B076CTTZKX

Am I killing myself because i got sick of using my tiny metal grinder

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Chinatown posted:

this has also been my barrier to trying out dabs. im just happy i havent burned down my apartment while boiling water for tea.

i have a vape concentrate cartridge thats 95% thc i cant imagine its functionally different than dabbing with a hot nail or whatever

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
bet u can't do this tho

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

I don't really have a frame of reference for these things but....

Is going through 3/4 of an oz in ~21 days bad?

I feel like that's a lot.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

goth smoking cloves posted:

depends on how much money you make

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Seems fine to me, but I used to do an ounce every couple weeks or so back in the day. Now an ounce usually lasts me about a month or two, yeah, seems fine

Also what the poster above me said

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I think I kill an eighth or so a week but that depends on how many nature walks I can take in a seven day span

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

What would jesus do? hit that poo poo, yo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

as long as you're paying your bills you're good

keep on smoking

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

depends on who you ask i guess

several years ago i used to go through a quarter to a half in two weeks, and thought that was a lot

nowadays i go through an ounce in two weeks lol

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
its not like I've had anywhere important to be for a while now

edit: hello thread, i pet this cat *6* times last month. is 6 times too much?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
been sucking on this vape for 45 minutes and i barely feel it, time for a t break :(

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mayor Dave posted:

been sucking on this vape for 45 minutes and i barely feel it, time for a t break :(

or just do a giant dab

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

youre sucking all wrong

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
have u tried sucking harder? :grin:

btw broke out the bong first time in weeks and wow im high. time for sour candy + videogamez.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Mayor Dave posted:

I just came off a t-break and let me tell you, entirely worth it.

tragick
Apr 2, 2003

I have to use a lot of descriptive insults to give voice to my inner pain.

happy caturday!

about to smoke some 'London Pound Cake' and Scarlet is givin out fist boops :)

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Smokin weed and watching cats

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

Lib and let die posted:

Smokin weed and watching cats

the good life.

i, too, smoked weed and looked at cats today

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
ive been thinking about getting a pet, and ended up spending my morning looking at baby pigs i shouldn't adopt but i want a lil oinky buddy so bad lol

if only i could somehow guarantee in 6mo-1yr i wont be back in an office all day, but deep down i know im owned by our corporate masters and should get a cat or some rats again instead.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
FYI there’s no such thing as a mini-pig, any thing you get is going to grow to full multi hundred of pounds size

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

FYI there’s no such thing as a mini-pig, any thing you get is going to grow to full multi hundred of pounds size

thanks for the warning, these poor critters are often adopted too quickly by folks who are don't know much about what to expect. i am familiar with pigs, and a "couple hundred pounds" is indeed what i would call a "mini" pig. been around hogs you could comfortably ride into battle, something that comes up to your ~knees or so is pretty small in comparison and would be manageable in my current living situation.

i found a youtube video of these guys that ended up with a real hog as a housepet on accident (?) and i don't know what i would do with a 600+ pound porker, but ive got a couple reputable kunekune and julian breeders within driving distance. if i thought i could do a good job keeping one, i feel comfortable ive got the gist on the eventual size.

EDIT: it is so easy to find videos on youtube of people who just adopted a pig, lots of teacup sized pigs running around. it is VERY hard to find videos of someone who has had one 5+ years after they've grown up which is kinda sad and pretty hosed up. this lady loves her fat lazy pig who she's had for 10+ years which is cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Lqf72TVkc

Delta-Wye has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Feb 27, 2021

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

30-50 feral hogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

tmfc posted:

30-50 feral hogs

i have a youtube playlist called "Pork n Roll" with porcine themed music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGn9TNsXECQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBNtpH6C16A

dee eight has issued a correction as of 22:17 on Feb 27, 2021