Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is Mick still under a WWE contract?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Croc posted:

And the west fife advertiser come on scoops gal least get ur dying husks of local papers right

The West Fife Advertiser ain't poo poo!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't like Maki Itoh. Hope she comes to AEW so Jade can squash her like a bug!

finally something I agree with emf about

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

kinetic77 posted:

https://twitter.com/jomvevo/status/1364320688371212288?s=21

modedit: hello yes, under this is a man getting dropped onto his brain in a disgusting way, please check out at own discretion.

this has been looping in my brain since yesterday

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't like Maki Itoh. Hope she comes to AEW so Jade can squash her like a bug!

The kind of comment I expect from a sniveling little suck up sellout full of sufferin’ succotash son.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, that was not easy to post!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Vagabundo posted:

The kind of comment I expect from a sniveling little suck up sellout full of sufferin’ succotash son.

Don’t make me cut a long promo about Jack and the Beanstalk on you.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Is Mick still under a WWE contract?

He's definitely not under a performer contract, and I thought his Legends contract ran out, but maybe not? In any case, they seem to have a much looser leash on Legends since it's basically just they'll call someone in now and then and maybe run some merch.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Vagabundo posted:

Oh this is what simping looks like

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

He's definitely not under a performer contract, and I thought his Legends contract ran out, but maybe not? In any case, they seem to have a much looser leash on Legends since it's basically just they'll call someone in now and then and maybe run some merch.

Mick is also in a position to tell them to go kick rocks. He's well known for being cheap, and was paid good money for a decent period plus multiple successful books, and his merch probably still moves.

Also, AEW would be insane to not invite him to do something when it's safer. No bumps, obviously, but personally Mick is one of those people who would have to do something REALLY bad to kill my goodwill, and I suspect most fans feel the same.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Not that it means anything but Mick's daughter has sat ringside at a few AEW shows before

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mick is also in a position to tell them to go kick rocks. He's well known for being cheap, and was paid good money for a decent period plus multiple successful books, and his merch probably still moves.

Mick's wife spends his entire career savings on hundreds of creepy baby dolls with about a dozen outfits each. Dewey is the earner now.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mick foley also spends almost $15,000 on christmas and santa claus related purchases every month. a big chunk of it is the upkeep of his dream 1:16 scale christmas town replica located inside an aircraft hangar in illiinois. it's at sackman field airport in columbia

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Foley also does a ton of Cameo work for a while he was a fantastic bargain at $50

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1365105048389304321

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Long live the prophecy

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/835597905344016385?s=20

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Ohhhh shir

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Home of The Jags

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Should I be able to recognize that gentleman, or is it just the Jaguar that’s of note?

Lead Pipe Cinch fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 26, 2021

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/ShinsukeN/status/1365162963099938817

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Should I be able to recognize that gentleman, or is it just the Jaguar that’s of note?

that’s Super Good Boy jimmy, jimmy, jimmy fuckin lloyd

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Oh this is what simping looks like

What is a “simp?” Heh heh. It’s a bit of fandom growing over the... Maki Itoh. I am not one. Nobody else here is one. But you know what? A simping is for a real man. See, of all these posters here I am the best simp of them all. You give me a couple more matches, I’ll be a nice, thick simp. But none of these BOYS! right here... will ever be one.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Lmao

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I’ve never seen Maki Itoh do anything and I’m sure she’s a nice person and all, but all this talk of simps and what not generally makes me think she sucks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sandman McMahon posted:

I’ve never seen Maki Itoh do anything and I’m sure she’s a nice person and all, but all this talk of simps and what not generally makes me think she sucks.

It’s just that thing on the internet where if something is remotely good people have to outdo every other fan by talking about how amazing it is in increasingly outlandish ways.

She’s entertaining and decent in the ring is the level headed take you’re looking for.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sandman McMahon posted:

If you've got 20 minutes spare you can watch her match from January 4th this year against Miyu Yamashita, which was PSP's first MOTYC of 2021. She's a solid wrestler who has apparently improved a ton in the last couple of years, and she has a good enough grasp on written English to attract Western fans including other wrestlers.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

No Asuka? Bad Shinuske! She's one of the most adorable ones!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

BrigadierSensible posted:

No Asuka? Bad Shinuske! She's one of the most adorable ones!
Asuka lives in Vegas so she was probably just at home :v:

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

It’s just that thing on the internet where if something is remotely good people have to outdo every other fan by talking about how amazing it is in increasingly outlandish ways.

She’s entertaining and decent in the ring is the level headed take you’re looking for.

She calls her fans simps. That's the joke.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Dacap posted:

Foley also does a ton of Cameo work for a while he was a fantastic bargain at $50

My friends got me a cameo from Foley for my birthday earlier this month and it was pretty drat awesome. It was almost 5 minutes long with a lot of effort put into it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/1365090692612190208

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Goddam he's so good at this :allears:

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

For someone who missed Matt’s TNA and indies runs between 2005 and whatever Wrestlemania it was he came back at, I can’t believe Broken Matt was the version that was so beloved when Big Money Matt also existed. He’s so good at this role.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

For someone who missed Matt’s TNA and indies runs between 2005 and whatever Wrestlemania it was he came back at, I can’t believe Broken Matt was the version that was so beloved when Big Money Matt also existed. He’s so good at this role.

Broken Matt worked because it was completely out of left field and was so absurdly over the top that you couldn't help but watch it. A gimmick like that definitely has a short shelf life though.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Big Money Matt was always the best Matt Hardy character, but the Broken character was way more fun to laugh at.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

karmicknight posted:

Big Money Matt was always the best Matt Hardy character, but the Broken character was way more fun to laugh at.

Nice new AV!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Between Nayla, Britt, Janela, and Matt on just this page alone, shows that AEW wrestlers are the best at social media.

Because AEW doesn't tell them their soils belong to the corporation they are signed under.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What did Matt Hardy even do during the time he went back to WWE? All I can honestly remember is the Wrestlemania match when they returned.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

he did the hardy boyz nostalgia act until jeff got hurt, spent a few months losing, did the woken gimmick and feuded/teamed with bray wyatt, got hurt, did the hardy boyz nostalgia act again until jeff got hurt again, then spent a few more months losing before his contract expired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Didn't he also do a Halloween special?