Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

live with fruit posted:

Agatha did say she was supposed to be a myth.

If the next Avengers movie is Disassembled :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

It's definitely a lot more fun if Agatha 's past with her own dangerous powers makes her more motivated by the danger of uncontrollable Wanda than a straight villain, yeah

Agnes is definitely in it to get a slice of the Wanda godpower pie, which is much more fun. I'm glad they're referencing how absurdly powerful Wanda is, she's more fun when she's so unpredictable

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Agatha's a D&D Wizard and she's jelly that Wanda's a Sorcerer who just gets magic for doing nothing. :colbert:

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

GokuGoesSSJ3 posted:

Kind of disappointed Pietro is apparently an illusion and not the actual Fox Quicksilver grabbed from another dimension.

I didn’t take that from the episode. I thought it was ambiguous, and based off of last weeks post credit sequence I’m sure we’re going to get more clarity before the show is done.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Agatha's also a pretty good improv comedian, apparently.

Okay, my guess for a cameo, based on googling the history of what we saw in this ep, is Michael Douglas. They have never been in a movie with Paul Bettany, not even within the MCU.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

twistedmentat posted:

I think its more she just had innate magical powers, that she could use magic without any training, which was confusing Agatha because she couldn't figure out how Wanda was able to do all this poo poo without any training or even being aware of actual magic powers. Which is probably why Wanda is going to end up hanging out with Dr Strange, so she can learn real magic

If the opening scene is anything to go by, then Agatha should be able to sympathize, since she claims that magic just bends to her will too and that all she wanted was training so she could control it. Which, it could just be her trying to deceive people, but the scene certainly suggests there's some degree of truth to, since the beams the other witches fire at her just turn on them with no apparent effort from Agatha herself. Which, one thing I really liked about this episode is that Hahn was really difficult to read morally, because she'd do some things that suggest she's out for personal gain, and others that suggest she's got a more benevolent purpose. Or at least, benevolent from her point of view. She begs for help during the trail, but then acts cold once her mother starts firing at her, and then just takes her mother's broach in what seems like a very non-nonsense manner. She still has it though, which suggests some sentimental connection regardless. All of Agatha's pushing Wanda certainly seems like tough love therapy, explaining things and then forcing someone to confront their past, but she was also just occasionally a bit too mean during it with some of her lines to seem entirely nice. Like saying that she couldn't just resurrect Pietro, since he was full of holes with a goofy face. She's mogging in full on witch costume while strangling the kids, but at the same time, she's just talking to Wanda and not making any kind of demands or anything. It's really difficult to get a read on her, and leaves her exact motivations going in to the finale entirely ambiguous. It's great.

It sounds like what's confusing Agatha is less that Wanda is doing all this without any training, and more the sheer scale of what she's doing is perplexing her, along with the fact she can apparently create things from nothing. Which seems to be a property of chaos magic in particular, while it sounds more like some degree of equivalent exchange for anyone else. Not in terms of mass, clearly, since Agatha could change a fly to a bird, but in some fashion that constrains creation of new things from essentially nothing, at the least.

massive spider posted:

Also the "Whos been messing up everything?" song in context is being sung from Wandas POV, Agathas only been messing up her bullshit

On that note, "The Addams Family" is one of the DVDs in her dad's case, so it's another show Wanda would be familiar with.

tsob fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Feb 26, 2021

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

At this point I've made my peace that the amazing actor that Bettany has wanted to work alongside his whole career is, in fact, himself.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Somewhat revising my theory regarding how this is going to tie into Dr Strange 2 So the episode established that Wanda has actual magic, not just bullshit from an Infinity Stone. The Stone just unlocked it/powered it up. I'm thinking all this time she just thought that she had powers given to her by the Stone and never really trained in them, which is why in the movies she just had basically telepathy and telekinesis.

Now she knows what she has and what she can do and needs to know how to control it. Maybe she needs another wizard to teach her. Enter Dr Strange.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Veotax posted:

Somewhat revising my theory regarding how this is going to tie into Dr Strange 2 So the episode established that Wanda has actual magic, not just bullshit from an Infinity Stone. The Stone just unlocked it/powered it up. I'm thinking all this time she just thought that she had powers given to her by the Stone and never really trained in them, which is why in the movies she just had basically telepathy and telekinesis.

Now she knows what she has and what she can do and needs to know how to control it. Maybe she needs another wizard to teach her. Enter Dr Strange.

If that was the case, Strange would just send her to Kamar Taj. Odds are he's going to need her to figure things out on the fly because of a big threat (maybe who Agatha's working for?).

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's still a little unclear just what influence the Infinity Stones have on all this overt magic stuff with the spells in Latin and hexes and witches from myths, but it's still kinda interesting that Agatha's purple magic corresponds quite well with the purple Power Stone, what with her seeming to suck away the energy that the other witches were using on her and leaving them looking kinda like how the people who tried to use the Power Stone (and failed) had looked in Guardians of the Galaxy.

live with fruit posted:

If that was the case, Strange would just send her to Kamar Taj. Odds are he's going to need her to figure things out on the fly because of a big threat (maybe who Agatha's working for?).
Well, the Ancient One used to teach there but she's dead now. If Strange is taking up her old role, then technically it's now his responsibility to teach anyone who goes there, unless they had other teachers there who we never saw. :v:

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

BrianWilly posted:

Well, the Ancient One used to teach there but she's dead now. If Strange is taking up her old role, then technically it's now his responsibility to teach anyone who goes there, unless they had other teachers there who we never saw. :v:

Strange is the guardian of the New York sanctum so he wouldn't be teaching in Nepal.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

That explained so much while also raising so many further questions. Is there seriously only one episode left?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
They announced nine but some people are speculating on a "secret" tenth episode, especially after the Disney Plus UK Twitter just tweeted that episode 8 is live and there are two eps left.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i'm guessing the structure of next episode is gonna be monica gets involved in some way (with pietro/fakepietro), vision pops up to help (with darcy), agatha gets defeated, silver vision gets activated and blows poo poo up, they do the scene where wanda's all "we need to protect our home" and then they do superhero poo poo that eats up most of the budget of the show including the scene bettany claims "there's a lot of chemistry between me and the [cameo actor], lots of fireworks", resolution, credits, end credit scene of maybe yet another cameo or wanda seeing doc strange, see you next time on [title card of dr strange 2]

also the idea of a secret tenth episode reminds me of people getting mad over the Supernatural finale lol

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's super obvious now that Bethany meant himself when he said he got to work with an actor he never worked with but always wanted to.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Argue posted:

They announced nine but some people are speculating on a "secret" tenth episode, especially after the Disney Plus UK Twitter just tweeted that episode 8 is live and there are two eps left.

It would fit since Falcon and the winter soldier isn't starting until mid-march and I thought that marvel episode every week was a selling point for D+.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Argue posted:

On the flip side there’s no reason for a social media manager to need to know that in advanced.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Laughing Zealot posted:

It would fit since Falcon and the winter soldier isn't starting until mid-march and I thought that marvel episode every week was a selling point for D+.

The 9th episode of WandaVision is on the 5th of March, there's a behind the scenes show about WandaVision on March the 12th and then Falcon & Winter Soldier starts March the 19th. DIsney has also announced Legends episodes for Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sharon Carter & Nemo, which it wouldn't be surprising if they put them up on the 12th, along with the WandaVision special. So it's not like there's going to be a lack of content in that one week gap as is.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

tsob posted:

The 9th episode of WandaVision is on the 5th of March, there's a behind the scenes show about WandaVision on March the 12th and then Falcon & Winter Soldier starts March the 19th. DIsney has also announced Legends episodes for Falcon, Winter Soldier, Sharon Carter & Nemo, which it wouldn't be surprising if they put them up on the 12th, along with the WandaVision special. So it's not like there's going to be a lack of content in that one week gap as is.

Oh that's neat, didn't now about that.

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

BrianWilly posted:

Agatha's a D&D Wizard and she's jelly that Wanda's a Sorcerer who just gets magic for doing nothing. :colbert:

I chuckled at this a lot harder than i should of.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I always felt that when you get down to it, Scarlet Witch's whole deal has always basically been 'a mutant whose power is magic'. Which I think was more explicit for another character or two, Wiccan or Magick or whatever, but eh. Which I feel is a far more interesting concept, since it's basically two power sources interacting in a potentially explosive way.

Mutant powers being jump-started by experimentation and outside sources has a lot of precedent too.

Also with the flashack: I was all ready to go 'Salem's 'witches' were HANGED, not burned! Sabrina got that right!' but that was a pretty fun fakeout. Discworld vibes; 'It wasn't witches they burned. I might look for witches doing the burning, though. We ain't all nice.'

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 26, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

"And here you are, using it to make breakfast for dinner" was such a good line lol

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Infinitum posted:

If anyone is going to be revealed as Mephisto, it will likely be Hayward.

Yah this is where I am with it.

Next episode is the last episode and hast to resolve all of this and set up the MCU Phase 4 movies right?

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Maybe I missed something, a lot happened!

If Heyward had Vision's body this whole time, what was he tracking in the Hex?

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

I would assume we are looking at vision split in two. His body and mind. The one in the hex is his soul, and the one that they just rebooted is his body with his past memories, not no emotion or feelings. I am betting they do a DBZ style fusion (hopefully with the dance) and merge the two of them to bring vision back and make him 100%.

Then we will get the scene from the trailer where they have to defend the town from Agatha who is going to try to absorb all the magic that Wanda used to make the hex.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

OB_Juan posted:

Don't bring logic into this

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Mooseontheloose posted:

Yah this is where I am with it.

Next episode is the last episode and hast to resolve all of this and set up the MCU Phase 4 movies right?

WandaVision, Spider-Man: No Way Home and Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness are supposed to be their own trilogy.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

OB_Juan posted:

vibranium?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

badjohny posted:

I would assume we are looking at vision split in two. His body and mind. The one in the hex is his soul, and the one that they just rebooted is his body with his past memories, not no emotion or feelings. I am betting they do a DBZ style fusion (hopefully with the dance) and merge the two of them to bring vision back and make him 100%.

Then we will get the scene from the trailer where they have to defend the town from Agatha who is going to try to absorb all the magic that Wanda used to make the hex.

I think the Vision inside of the Hex is just a recreation of Vision made whole cloth from Wanda's memories. Whether that counts as his "soul" I guess depends on your interpretation of what a "soul" is, but I think he's something new. A very close recreation, but something new, which is why he can't exist outside of the Hex. Like the classic transporter problem.

You may be right that maybe they can merge that with White Vision to let him live outside of the Hex. But I think calling that his "soul" is a bit off.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This episode basically had to exist but I did find it pretty boring tbh

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

thrawn527 posted:

I think the Vision inside of the Hex is just a recreation of Vision made whole cloth from Wanda's memories. Whether that counts as his "soul" I guess depends on your interpretation of what a "soul" is, but I think he's something new. A very close recreation, but something new, which is why he can't exist outside of the Hex.

You may be right that maybe they can merge that with White Vision to let him live outside of the Hex. But I think calling that his "soul" is a bit off.

I agree. Just didn't know what else to call that part of him. His essence? or his emotional programing? Either way, I am betting they knew this would revive his popularity and they are not going to want to kill him off totally.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

OB_Juan posted:

While not explained they were looking for a way to reboot their rebuilt vision and here they can see some form of Vision existing within the westview hex. I would assume the guy thought he could extract hex vision and/or use hex vision in some way to reboot vision's body. It's a bit of a stretch but not out of reason

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

G-III posted:

While not explained they were looking for a way to reboot their rebuilt vision and here they can see some form of Vision existing within the westview hex. I would assume the guy thought he could extract hex vision and/or use hex vision in some way to reboot vision's body. It's a bit of a stretch but not out of reason

It'd be ironic if, for all his dickishness Heyward turned out to have no more motive than to revive Vision, just the way he was and that the White Vision doesn't attack at all, but just wants to merge with the Hex Vision to make himself a real boy and bring back an Avenger to help protect the world as a sentient weapon.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

tsob posted:

It'd be ironic if, for all his dickishness Heyward turned out to have no more motive than to revive Vision, just the way he was and that the White Vision doesn't attack at all, but just wants to merge with the Hex Vision to make himself a real boy and bring back an Avenger to help protect the world as a sentient weapon.

I get weird vibes of the Steven Universe finale (the first one) here. Depends on what programming they try to stick into Cataract, of course.

Kinda funny that this is basically giving Age of Ultron's events a lot more gravitas than they originally did. Also, I see a few people called it on magic being unable to revive MCU Pietro for a number of practical reasons, so Agatha was the one who pulled in the next best thing.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Is the shadowy figure we see coming out of the Mind Stone supposed to be Agatha's mom? Seems to have the same sort of crown/tiara she had made of blue magic back in Salem.

Also Agatha is definitely the one Snackin' on Yo-Magic

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Klungar posted:

Is the shadowy figure we see coming out of the Mind Stone supposed to be Agatha's mom? Seems to have the same sort of crown/tiara she had made of blue magic back in Salem.

Also Agatha is definitely the one Snackin' on Yo-Magic

The shadowy figure looks exactly like it's wearing Wanda's classic Scarlet Witch headpiece that she had on in the Halloween episode

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

tsob posted:

Considering that Heyward's motives aren't malicious, it seems like a situation where White Vision goes rogue and the heroes inside have to bail him out.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

G-III posted:

Right, he did seem to be tracking Vision, but how? I thought the only information they could get from inside the hex was the TV show, but that wouldn't have live updates on where one particular person inside was.

badjohny posted:

vibranium?
Maybe?

Infinitum posted:

Don't bring logic into this

I think this is right. After all It's just a show, I should really just relax. (la la la)

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

OB_Juan posted:

I think this is right. After all It's just a show, I should really just relax. (la la la)

A show that's expects viewers to have seen a six-year-old movie coming in. They'll surely explain it. He probably got something from when Monica was in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

It's not a mystery and it's not particularly illogical, y'all. Hayward was tracking the vibranium inside the Hex. Darcy said as much during the...one and only scene we had about this where it was explained very straightforwardly.

The fact that Wanda created an entirely new, vibranium body for Vision is new, but not all that surprising with her power.

As far as why Hayward wanted Vision when he already had a Vision, well, why wouldn't he want both of them?

TVIV, I swear. :sweatdrop: