Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I thought blood moon, a 3 cmc mana value card that wins the game was the worst thing holding legacy back but no, it is in fact brainstorm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

Explain in your own words how show and tell and delver are the same deck

They both rely on broke-rear end creatures that were mistakes to print?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

They have the same universal Blue package of 4 FoW, 4 Daze, 4 Ponder, 4 Brainstorm, 4 Preordain.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

ilmucche posted:

I thought blood moon, a 3 cmc mana value card that wins the game was the worst thing holding legacy back but no, it is in fact brainstorm.

This reminds me: another thing I like about the new "mana value" terminology is that it shortens to MV, which is phonetically pleasing in a similar way to CMC.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

more like master of the dummy thicc clapping asscheeks

hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

the new borders were a mistake, just go back to the old ones permanently 😍

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Crackbone posted:

Nobody said it will kill Magic. That doesn't mean we should be celebrating a Marty McFly Commander.

I would play this

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Cactrot posted:

I love all of these old bordered blue cards

Simply fantastic.

hey mom its 420 posted:

the new borders were a mistake, just go back to the old ones permanently 😍

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
This is signed and drawn on by Dr. Richard Garfield cause "Phelddagrif" = "Garfield Phd" It is the prize jewel of my collection which otherwise consists of 650+ assorted COP: Blue.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I find old border crybabies pretty annoying but dean those do look cool lol.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

they should print new cards in the old white border frame imo

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Huxley posted:

The idea of a full LotR set really super duper bums me out.

I'm ready.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

:effort:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Makes me wonder how many other TCGs Benson used the fire elemental art for

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I have extreme Stockholm syndrome for the new borders

When they first changed them I was like "this looks HORRIBLE"

Now I lowkey think the old borders look bad

I'll hand in my Old Fogey card at the door

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Simone Magus posted:

Now I lowkey think the old borders look bad

It's because they're bad.

White card names are unreadable from any distance, blue aren't that much better.

They're a fuckin eyesore.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the old border triggers nostalgia dopamine in my brain, but i can understand why people don't care for it. can we just agree to put aside our differences and cyberbully whoever designed the amonkhet masterpieces?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They're an eyesore but I want Hazoret the Pervert on Arena. I love that ugly pos.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The alternate borders from Planar Chaos continue to be better than anything printed before or since

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Big Leg posted:

the old border triggers nostalgia dopamine in my brain, but i can understand why people don't care for it. can we just agree to put aside our differences and cyberbully whoever designed the amonkhet masterpieces?

Amonkhet masterpieces at least gave us the comedy of Hazoret the Pervert, alpha frames just gave us an eyestrain.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

fadam posted:

I find old border crybabies pretty annoying but dean those do look cool lol.

Something in the genes of 40 year old mtg players makes them whine about everything

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Thinking about it if you played mtg in highschool in the 90s youd be pushing 50 by now so apologies to 40 years olds in the chat

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i also enjoy the old border foils where they only foil the border and not the card art. thank god magic is so diverse that everyone can find something they love about it

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Show me your Summer:

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Y'all wanna see my collection of weirdass COP:Blues or no? :justpost:?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Desert Bus posted:

Y'all wanna see my collection of weirdass COP:Blues or no? :justpost:?

sure. weird poo poo is cool. my old lgs had a test print adarkar wastes and it is the coolest thing in the universe

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Big Leg posted:

i also enjoy the old border foils where they only foil the border and not the card art. thank god magic is so diverse that everyone can find something they love about it

They should probably go back to that since they can't manage to foil cards anymore without curling

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Something in the genes of 40 year old mtg players makes them whine about everything

Don't :biotruths: me. :colbert:

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
Just had a game where my replicating ring replicated not once but twice, blanking my opponents tergrid’s lantern in the process

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Just got the shipping email from wotc about the Seb lair so those will be delivering soon.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Bugsy posted:

Just got the shipping email from wotc about the Seb lair so those will be delivering soon.

Oh good I've been getting antsy about my Bob Ross secret lair so this makes me feel better!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

Blood Moon is the modern hill I will die on.
Brainstorm is the legacy hill.

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Thinking about it if you played mtg in highschool in the 90s youd be pushing 50 by now so apologies to 40 years olds in the chat

I started in 95 in high school and I am now 41, and I have to say the new time shifted cards look gorgeous.

Printing technology seems to have moved on enough that the thin white text on the card names is now readable. The '93 era cards as already giving us eye strain in '95.

Also I really like the new snow frame. And the enchantment frame.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

I am embarrassed to say that I started as a 9-year-old at some point in 96/97 came out but didn’t have anyone to play with so just looked at the cards in an obsessive way

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

There are still Thalids flapping around my parents house with my initials on them, but I was like 5 and my brothers just gave me some crappy commons. I was overjoyed.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Some Goon posted:

There are still Thalids flapping around my parents house with my initials on them, but I was like 5 and my brothers just gave me some crappy commons. I was overjoyed.

My friends and I had a middle-school summer break tradition of spending a weekend constructing Thrulls vs Thallids from scratch and duking it out. Usually while watching Happy Gilmore VHS on repeat.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Whole lotta White cards live here: https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/card-image-gallery/time-spiral-remastered-bonus-sheet

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Owns

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
okay that's a good goof
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1365406290500079624

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

The real cool poo poo is in the replies.

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1365408663477706754