Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
See that Rhydon over there? You can climb it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blotto_Otter posted:

I think this is less about Pokemon lore, and more about which one is easiest to make with the least amount of retailoring of the BOTW map necessary
https://twitter.com/Akfamilyhome/status/1365325413883387907

hell yeah

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I like zelda so I guess I will like the pokemon zelda. Nintendo wins again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They didn't really do a good job of conveying what it actually is, but I appreciate the ambition.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ill play all the pokemon games shown in the video

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

They're all Japan until they go to America and Hawaii

Yeah but I meant Johto is the one with all the old-school Japanese stuff like all the pagodas and so on. But I guess it’s just so it and the Sinnoh remakes can kind of promote each other

American McGay posted:

They didn't really do a good job of conveying what it actually is, but I appreciate the ambition.

The scene where the trainer sneaks up on a wild Pokemon through tall grass and catches it without a battle has me interested. It had me wondering if it’s more focused on exploring and catching Pokémon in unique ways almost like Pokémon Snap, but then there’s also a shot of a traditional turn-based pokemon battle where they selected from four moves. I’m definitely intrigued to know more

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

diamond/pearl remake looks great, I never played the original so im extra hype. chimchar main here.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

at some point they're going to make enough remakes of the early pokemon games that i am going to play them, and my wife will leave me.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

unironically hyped that the diamond/pearl remakes keep the DS aesthetic intact

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Lobster Harmonica posted:

unironically hyped that the diamond/pearl remakes keep the DS aesthetic intact
I've seen so many people complaining about it that I feel like I'm going insane. It's good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

American McGay posted:

I've seen so many people complaining about it that I feel like I'm going insane. It's good.

bobblehead people in the overworld and fullsized people in battle is so cute

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
its fine but someone put it next to a screencap of the links awakening remake and it does look really cheap by comparison

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I like it better than the LA remake style honestly. It feels like a natural progression of the graphical style rather than a hyper-stylized reimagining.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

those people are nuts, the remake style looks really good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

gotta stop reading games, homie

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

American McGay posted:

I like it better than the LA remake style honestly. It feels like a natural progression of the graphical style rather than a hyper-stylized reimagining.

I had a whole "man, what I wouldn't give for another pokemon game in this style" moment replaying heartgold recently so I'm fuckin stoked about it.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

these pokemon games all look like they have a lot of potential

the neverending golden age of being a gamer

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

this. My biggest problem is not having enough time to play all the good games.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

American McGay posted:

i think in general if i'm gonna pick up a remake i would almost always prefer the latter. take a stab at somethin. but pokemon remakes are kind of their own thing and i acknowledge thuis

Bicyclops posted:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

ill play all the pokemon games shown in the video

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

bobblehead people in the overworld and fullsized people in battle is so cute

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gaming ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

:hai:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

:yeah:

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

:amen:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Been saying this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Bicyclops posted:

I just want to say it rules that there's a place for people who enjoy being gamers, respect gaming, and appreciate games
thank you, Imp Zone

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

the so-called "video games" stink

(jk they rule)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

*eyeing the thread like a card counter and trying to maximize my emptyquote potential yield*

Nintendo

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

semper games

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Pokefail

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did they ever do the Pokemon following you around outside their pokeball thing in any of the main games besides in yellow and hg/ss? it was the best mechanic ever and they never ever use it for some reason. Hope it's in this one

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The Klowner posted:

did they ever do the Pokemon following you around outside their pokeball thing in any of the main games besides in yellow and hg/ss? it was the best mechanic ever and they never ever use it for some reason. Hope it's in this one

Depends on if you count Let’s Go as main or not. Which I guess most people don’t. But it had both the Eevee/Pikachu riding on your head and another member of your party following behind you

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/CometObservator/status/1363644747521392640

Nicest guy you'll ever meet, Twisted loving psychopath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Same energy as the JP translation for Modern Warfare 2 changing "No Russian" to "Kill them, they're Russian"