Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
The funniest part is they didn't even actually get rid of Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head! The /product line/ is now just called "potato head" and Mr. and Mrs. are two of the products in that line. The entire thing is entirely as meaningless as the red Starbucks cups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
They did it because the regressive liberals are children who can't associate with anything that doesn't exactly parrot their woke virtue signalling.

Meanwhile:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

I prefer to imagine these two coffee shops are neighbors.

Dr. Arbitrary fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 27, 2021

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Guavanaut posted:

They did it because the regressive liberals are children who can't associate with anything that doesn't exactly parrot their woke virtue signalling.

Meanwhile:

Now there's an ad that makes me want to drink that coffee.

Fake Edit: Out of curiosity I checked and of course they're charging about 50% more than what my supermarket does for the good stuff. :lol:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Guavanaut posted:

Meanwhile:

The two men with identical button down shirts. The girl only wearing foundation but having mid shoulder length hair and a Kmart shirt staring into the middle distance. The 1970s porch aesthetic. This is a church event, isn't it

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

CuddleCryptid posted:

The two men with identical button down shirts. The girl only wearing foundation but having mid shoulder length hair and a Kmart shirt staring into the middle distance. The 1970s porch aesthetic. This is a church event, isn't it

What church isn't using the same gigantic box of tiny styrofoam cups that somebody bought at Sam's Club in 2003?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Sorry I'm falling asleep. Did they get it (freedom as selfishness) backwards, or is it simply mutually exclusive?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Honestly most of the stuff the right classifies as freedom is indeed selfishness. Not wearing masks, denying LGBTQ people rights, dismantling any form of social services, and so on.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

Honestly most of the stuff the right classifies as freedom is indeed selfishness. Not wearing masks, denying LGBTQ people rights, dismantling any form of social services, and so on.

Conservatives: "I can do anything I want and nobody can tell me no, even if it has massive negative repercussions to others"

Also conservatives: "letting gay people get married makes me and my religion feel bad so they all need to suffer so I don't feel discomfort (only my religion can do this)"

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

VinylonUnderground posted:

I don't let my kid watch Paw Patrol or other forms of copaganda.

The only correct answer.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

DarkHorse posted:

Also conservatives: "letting gay people get married makes me and my religion feel bad so they all need to suffer so I don't feel discomfort (only my religion can do this)"
You attribute to them too much thinking about anyone except themselves, in this case the broad body of their sub-sub-religion. Remind them that their true religion is narcissist anarchy: "I can kiss someone in public but those people can't".

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

The claim that it's narcissistic wouldn't mean much to them since they'd claim it's "to protect the children." There's the idea that gay people only exist because "the gay agenda" recruits kids, so a kid seeing two men kiss might be tempted to become gay himself. Not to mention the stuff like "Gay men will be in locker rooms with YOUR KIDS watching them pee and shower!" which of course has been repackaged for transphobia now that gay rights have become more mainstream.

We all know they don't actually give a poo poo about kids as evidenced by their shrugging (or outright cheering) keeping kids in concentration camps at the border, or kids being murdered by the IDF, but I don't think it's just an excuse they use to continue being bigoted shitheads. I think they genuinely do believe that outlawing same sex marriage will protect kids. There's a verse where Jesus says that anyone who harms "these little ones" (he's talking about new believers, not literal children) would be better off having a millstone around their neck and thrown into the sea. I think a lot of them take this verse really seriously and that's why they feel they have to be anti LGBTQ.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Twelve by Pies posted:

The claim that it's narcissistic wouldn't mean much to them since they'd claim it's "to protect the children." There's the idea that gay people only exist because "the gay agenda" recruits kids, so a kid seeing two men kiss might be tempted to become gay himself. Not to mention the stuff like "Gay men will be in locker rooms with YOUR KIDS watching them pee and shower!" which of course has been repackaged for transphobia now that gay rights have become more mainstream.

We all know they don't actually give a poo poo about kids as evidenced by their shrugging (or outright cheering) keeping kids in concentration camps at the border, or kids being murdered by the IDF, but I don't think it's just an excuse they use to continue being bigoted shitheads. I think they genuinely do believe that outlawing same sex marriage will protect kids. There's a verse where Jesus says that anyone who harms "these little ones" (he's talking about new believers, not literal children) would be better off having a millstone around their neck and thrown into the sea. I think a lot of them take this verse really seriously and that's why they feel they have to be anti LGBTQ.

I love asking these people "ok, so how old were you when you decided 'I could become gay, but I'm going to be straight instead' ?"

So many short-circuited brains

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DarkHorse posted:

I love asking these people "ok, so how old were you when you decided 'I could become gay, but I'm going to be straight instead' ?"

So many short-circuited brains

In my experience, it becomes "Well you can't CHOOSE to be straight because that's the default setting. It's only a choice if you deviate from that norm."

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've tried following up with "well, then become gay. Just for a minute. Choose to be gay for like 60 seconds just to demonstrate the process"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I dont think any of you have actually asked that or else youd get punched in the face because thats all these people know.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Only done it once in person, usually it's my extended family and old high school acquaintances on Facebook.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

the_steve posted:

In my experience, it becomes "Well you can't CHOOSE to be straight because that's the default setting. It's only a choice if you deviate from that norm."

I got the "compassionate" version of that growing up, where it was "well, okay, it's not a choice, but it's still the result of trauma or being improperly raised, gay people need therapy to get back to normal (straight)." Effectively not that different, since it's all just justification for throwing queer kids into conversion therapy without their consent.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

You attribute to them too much thinking about anyone except themselves, in this case the broad body of their sub-sub-religion. Remind them that their true religion is narcissist anarchy: "I can kiss someone in public but those people can't".

FWIW, anarchy doesn't mean "chaos" or "no rules," it means "unjustified hierarchies are abolished." I'm not saying that homophobic anarchists don't exist, but I do say that cishet privilege is the kind of unjustified hierarchy that anarchists ought to oppose. (I have also noticed that a lot of online anarchists seem to be queer.) "Rights for me but not for thee" is not anarchy, just garden-variety conservatism.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

TVs Ian posted:

I swear, people just mentally add words to "Black lives matter." It doesn't say they matter MORE, or matter over other lives, just that they matter. And they're frequently treated like they don't, which is why it needs to be pointed out so often.

The "All Lives" movement is people who saw black people saying that their lives matter and decided to argue with them about it.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Pththya-lyi posted:

FWIW, anarchy doesn't mean "chaos" or "no rules," it means "unjustified hierarchies are abolished." I'm not saying that homophobic anarchists don't exist, but I do say that cishet privilege is the kind of unjustified hierarchy that anarchists ought to oppose. (I have also noticed that a lot of online anarchists seem to be queer.) "Rights for me but not for thee" is not anarchy, just garden-variety conservatism.

That’s anarchism

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I had no idea the Bible was that recently published!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"Behold, for Stewie from Family Guy shall be gay." - Leviticus 18:22

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I thought Stewie was bi

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

RagnarokAngel posted:

I dont think any of you have actually asked that or else youd get punched in the face because thats all these people know.

I do it regularly, in various forms. Especially to my whacked out "boss". I hope he loving hits me. He'll get fired, and I'll get his job. And I'll never have to hear him rant about the Secret Obama Race War Squads armed with Man-portable HAARP Death Rayguns again.

But, seriously, most of these types talk a big game about hitting "liberals" or whatever...but don't follow through when the moment comes.

Maybe it helps to couch it in ignorance? I don't know. It's just fun to pretend like you don't understand racism/homophobia/etc. and make people awkwardly explain it.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Replace someone with chris dorner pls

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Panfilo posted:

I thought Stewie was bi

I have no idea but even if he was Jack Chick was the kind of guy to say that bisexual people were just gays trying to hide it.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Devorum posted:

I do it regularly, in various forms. Especially to my whacked out "boss". I hope he loving hits me. He'll get fired, and I'll get his job. And I'll never have to hear him rant about the Secret Obama Race War Squads armed with Man-portable HAARP Death Rayguns again.

But, seriously, most of these types talk a big game about hitting "liberals" or whatever...but don't follow through when the moment comes.

Maybe it helps to couch it in ignorance? I don't know. It's just fun to pretend like you don't understand racism/homophobia/etc. and make people awkwardly explain it.

Yeah it's definitely this, they're usually cowards at heart. There's probably a degree of privilege I have in that I'm not generally a persecuted demographic though.

And playing dumb and making people explain their bigotry is an excellent way to get them to shut up about it. You deny them the opportunity to feel persecuted from confronting them, they get the awkwardness as they have to explain and justify whatever awful thing they said, you can avoid the whole "pc culture run amok!" discussion, and at worst it makes them shut up and at best you can get them to reconsider.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Morgan Freeman voice: "In reality, no liberals have ever said this."

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
The American flag IS offensive ... to aesthetics. It's much too busy! Give me a simpler one!

E: vv :hmmyes: vv

Pththya-lyi fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 1, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pththya-lyi posted:

The American flag IS offensive ... to aesthetics. It's much too busy! Give me a simpler one!

I'd like a cool flag with like a dragon on it or something

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Pththya-lyi posted:

E: vv :hmmyes: vv

I'm a little bothered by the fact that any time an american flag flying in someone's yard or a sticker on their car that I can usually assume they're some kind of a CHUD rear end in a top hat.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm a little bothered by the fact that any time an american flag flying in someone's yard or a sticker on their car that I can usually assume they're some kind of a CHUD rear end in a top hat.

Yeah, that too. It's not so much the flag itself as what people are trying to signal using the flag.

But also the flag is ugly and we should change it

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I think the flag looks fine but you are right in that anytime I see anyone with/wearing an american flag they immediately get the side eye.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Very telling that liberals only care about Muslims and not include every other religion the flag would also offend under that dumb logic.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

BiggerBoat posted:

I drove past a truck flying the flag on Inauguration Day and my immediate assumption was "they are flying it in protest" instead of "they are celebrating one of the only good things about our political system, the peaceful transfer of power" and I still don't think I was wrong. :colbert:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
These days there's a decent chance that the chuds don't even have an actual US flag anymore, just some hideous combo of Trump/thin blue line/no step on snek

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
*spins wheel*

[Democrats] are saying the [American flag with the canton replaced with a swastika of making GBS threads dicks] is offensive to [Guatemalans].

Share a link to my redbubble store if you want to buy one