Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah dammit I only reserved one post for the next games!

Sinnoh remakes look really cute, loving the Link's Awakening aesthetic. The 1 to 1 remake is a little lame since it kinda shows how small the maps are, ORAS did a lot to really change the region even if it ignored a lot of good changes Emerald made. Also, EW, DP remakes, who wanted those? Where's my Platinum remake??? Still, Porygon-Z probably means an expanded Sinnoh dex, which is desperately needed. DP have a very good baseline but have some real issues holding it back, which a remake can fix easily, very interested to find out what they've changed with these games.

Legends looks dope as hell, super interesting direction for a game to go. Looks like a BOTW 0.5 which is expected since it'll have half the development time, and can hopefully expand the series in all kinds of directions. Can't wait to dodge roll all around the region and figure out where all the cool places from the future are gonna go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

people are posting pictures going like "oh god what is this :barf:" and, like, it just looks like a Pokemon game?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Zuzie posted:

With being the first trailer, they aren't going to show any huge changes the game has right now.

On one hand, the first HGSS trailer showed off the pokewalker, your pokemon following you, and some of the new designs. while ORAS showed the new designs and the new megas for your starters and box legendaries. OTOH those trailers were like 4 months from release, while we're getting this like 9 months, so there's a lot more time to fill with reveals.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Augus posted:

people are posting pictures going like "oh god what is this :barf:" and, like, it just looks like a Pokemon game?

It looks like a big trash pokemon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

so it looks like the best pokemon then?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I don’t think going “the sky is falling” on TMs and HMs and other stuff really contributes much to the discourse, here. It’s frankly a little absurd.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i don't mind how BD/SP look in motion but there's nothing in that reveal that makes me think i should buy it instead of just playing the copy of Platinum i've owned forever but never got very far in since i was still kinda burnt out from all the Diamond and Pearl i'd played at that point'

definitely interested to see more of Legends tho

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Borsche69 posted:

this wasn't what I wanted. what the hell are you talking about? do people have to specify 'oh yeah and make it good' when they ask for something.

My bad! I missed the part where Junichi Masuda assured us they were doing their best to make complete dogshit.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Legit can't believe people itt are defending a remake of a 15 year old DS game that legit looks like it could run on a DS.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

galagazombie posted:

Legit can't believe people itt are defending a remake of a 15 year old DS game that legit looks like it could run on a DS.

Of all the comments here, this may be the most hyperbolic

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

galagazombie posted:

legit looks like it could run on a DS.

no it doesn't lmao
when's the last time you looked at a DS game?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The DP remakes look pretty low budget to me, but if that could run on a DS without making it explode, frankly I'd be impressed considering how many 3D games on it look really lovely.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Augus posted:

no it doesn't lmao
when's the last time you looked at a DS game?

it literally looks worse than sun and moon IMHO

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
it looks like it could run on a 3DS, but I think people forget exactly how loving dogshit the og DS's hardware is.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

No I distinctly remember the original's handling of 3D models... This is several leaps and bounds.

If anything it looks like a glossy Gamecube game.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it doesn't look like it could run on a ds

it does look like it could run on a 3ds

gently caress it would probably run better than sun/moon

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Muscle Tracer posted:

it literally looks worse than sun and moon IMHO

I don't see it

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Finally a pokemon for me

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Augus posted:

I don't see it

It's weird because in pokemon legends we see they have two perfectly good character models and then we get this chunky gormless poo poo for the remakes. Like this was the aesthetic choice y'all choose to go with.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The Pokemon company is not happy with me--that's okay, I'll still keep catching that garbage.

— Gary J. Oak (@realGaryOak) October 16, 2012

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

If they executed the style better I'd be very happy with it. Sadly it ended up with all of the overworld models looking like some cheap toys.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Saagonsa posted:

If they executed the style better I'd be very happy with it. Sadly it ended up with all of the overworld models looking like some cheap toys.

Yes! Exactly! If you're going all in at least AT LEAST make it look good! And the salt in the wound is that we get a glimpse that they had the capability of doing that but they said Mmmm NAHH lets go all in with the nostalgia but make it poo poo.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

This was something that was on my mind earlier today as well. We haven't had a remake since regional forms were introduced, so I can only hope that's something they add to the remakes, but I do worry that it steps too much out of the bounds of how the remakes tend to be?

How faithful was ORAS before the post-game? I remember HG/SS added following pokemon and the safari zone which gave you an opportunity to catch a bunch of stuff early.

Regardless, I'm still the person that wishes the remakes were a bit more adventurous? I want them to be more like third versions of B2/W2 where it's similar but fresh. HG/SS feels like it did a really good job of that, and the Sevii islands in FR/LG were a nice addition, but I feel like ORAS was a little bit underwhelming in terms of additions? It's been awhile, so maybe I'm forgetting some of the stuff.

it was really insulting in ORAS that when you get to the battle 'frontier' you just find the battle chateau again and a little statue of the battle tower

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Legends looks like it'd be a great game if it weren't crippled by the Switch hardware. I can't believe their global announcement trailer had such terrible frame drops and such terrible distance-controlled frame limits on Pokemon, like the loving Chimchar. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

King Cohort posted:

Legends looks like it'd be a great game if it weren't crippled by the Switch hardware. I can't believe their global announcement trailer had such terrible frame drops and such terrible distance-controlled frame limits on Pokemon, like the loving Chimchar. It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Yeah for real....And all the people desperately running defense of game freak over it too. It's not like this is cell phone footage captured of some internal alpha build. This is the stuff they specifically chose to show off for their global release. It's not anyone's obligation to give them the benefit of the doubt here.

Remember when people said the same thing for how bad SW/SH was running and it still ran exactly as poorly once it came out?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Scholtz posted:

Just thinking back to how people in this thread were like "I'm not buying this." to SwSh when (I think?) the National dex was confirmed as cut, and then obviously bought the game within the first month. :allears:

if they didn't buy it, you would be complaining that they're criticizing a game without playing it lol

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

TheHan posted:

My bad! I missed the part where Junichi Masuda assured us they were doing their best to make complete dogshit.

That is not exactly a name many trust anymore. There's the hope that Masuda being involved with the D/P remakes prevents him from working in Legends, in a good way.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

King Cohort posted:

There are plenty of open world switch games that look and run just fine, especially in comparison to sw/sh and legends. Gamefreak are and have always been pretty incompetent devs.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

How dare people respond to deny an accusation that I myself leveled at them. I'll post a sarcastic reaction image, that'll show 'em!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

El Burbo posted:

Do not like how the remakes seem to straight 1:1 of DP, tile for tile, no new character designs or environment designs. Might as well just play platinum at that point, the superior game.

It'd be cool if the remake was like the Halo remake and you could push a button to make the graphics switch back to the original style.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

qnqnx posted:

That is not exactly a name many trust anymore. There's the hope that Masuda being involved with the D/P remakes prevents him from working in Legends, in a good way.

I doubt Masuda is single-handedly to blame for Sw/Sh being bad

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

qnqnx posted:

wait, why do people not like masuda specifically

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Spacebump posted:

It'd be cool if the remake was like the Halo remake and you could push a button to make the graphics switch back to the original style.

I felt like they had a pretty good thing with Let's Go, outside of replacing wild Pokemon battles with Go's catch system. If they literally just did what they did with Let's Go, same style as well (the chibi style is perfectly fine but I think Let's Go looked way better), updated all the old and busted bullshit like being able to use the PC anywhere or whatever, removed random encounters, etc, I'd be far more interested. There's nothing about this remake that jumps out at me as exciting at all, outside of I guess the battle models of the Pokemon look good.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Blaziken386 posted:

wait, why do people not like masuda specifically

he's the one name people know so he is to blame for anything bad obviously

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

King Cohort posted:

It makes the people saying that the leaked footage is fake because it looked too good even funnier.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

qnqnx posted:

Is this about the Let's Go games? Cause I thought people liked those.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
The teddy bear people in the overworld shots do look kind of dumb, but the in-battle shots look fine. I think this posting about how it's the worst thing since the last thing is all a bit overwrought. There's a few months before release - for both games.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Legends is definitely in need of some polish, but i think its aesthetic is already leaps and bounds ahead of sw/sh. As far as I'm concerned the trailer we got is a tech demo more than anything else.

If we get a release date and the framerate and animation are still this choppy I will be much less generous.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hammerite posted:

The teddy bear people in the overworld shots do look kind of dumb, but the in-battle shots look fine. I think this posting about how it's the worst thing since the last thing is all a bit overwrought. There's a few months before release - for both games.

It's not the worst but understandably we expected better. I've flat out said I'll just wait for Gen 9 and hope the fact a different group is making the remakes opens up more time and staff to work on the next main series game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm surprised y'all aren't talking about how terrible the Legends trailer music is. It sounds like they're trying to do that BOTW minimalist thing, but it comes off as real boring and droning instead.