Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

jarofpiss posted:

good lord what kind of freakshow town do you live in

He's in Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

People don't have them where you are?

no i live in houston and work in construction

... i believe youd get your rear end kicked wearing something like that

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
^ Jesus Christ

Iron Crowned posted:

People don't have them where you are?

lmao no, hell no.

man I believe you’d get your rear end kicked wearing something like that.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Gunshow Poophole posted:

^ Jesus Christ

lmao no, hell no.

low hanging fruit but no people don’t regularly wear those in my experience

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I work in a blue collar job and I wouldn’t say everyone has a smart watch but it might be 1 in 4

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I don't think you'd get your rear end kicked for wearing those in a blue collar town based on how many I see in Norfolk. Anyone bothering with a watch now is wearing a smart watch unless they're a watch guy in some way.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

i hate this motherfucker more than trump or biden

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SchnorkIes posted:

tons of big states have given up and gone into this phase rn

1b,1c and 2 are all effectively the same since there's absolutely no way to differentiate between the giant unspecific categories, plus all you have to do to be 1b is sign up for amazon delivery or whatever and boom, grocery store pickup worker

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mastershakeman posted:

1b,1c and 2 are all effectively the same since there's absolutely no way to differentiate between the giant unspecific categories, plus all you have to do to be 1b is sign up for amazon delivery or whatever and boom, grocery store pickup worker

has anyone actually done this?

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

like in residential construction where i am texting isnt even universally adopted yet lol

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

jarofpiss posted:

like in residential construction where i am texting isnt even universally adopted yet lol

i hate texting for work, we're on the clock, just call

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

SchnorkIes posted:

i hate texting for work, we're on the clock, just call

youre gonna get ok boomered for that one you know

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

Google Butt posted:

in most of these states there's no need

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

got my first shot scheduled for Monday, I just said I had an "other underlying condition" and it let me make the appointment. i figure if they actually ask me when I get there (they won't) I'll just say I'm diabetic or something

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Are the states that pivoted to age-based like Maine denying second doses?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Waiting for my state to open up for fat goons so that I can enter the appointment thunderdome.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Like you enter a comorbidity/essential worker phase, vaccinate a ton of people with the first shot, and switch to age based, you just hosed a lot of people

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

SchnorkIes posted:

Are the states that pivoted to age-based like Maine denying second doses?

Need to get me a fake ID that says I'm 51, just in case.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

SchnorkIes posted:

wait this makes it look like i might be fat enough to get the shot? overweight? im like bmi 27 right now

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

jarofpiss posted:

wait this makes it look like i might be fat enough to get the shot? overweight? im like bmi 27 right now

thats virginia if it matters

they may have cut off thunderdoming tho and gone to central distribution idk

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

jarofpiss posted:

I think obese is like 30 so yeah you should qualify

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

actionjackson posted:

how long do you think before we get through all the people that actually want to get vaccinated?

because that's where the next shitshow will be, we need "herd immunity" but we can't because of all the chuds and karens

money is on early next year

I think it's a toss up if we will get there with all 16+ year olds who want it before pediatric regimens are approved in the fall and that wave of demand will take us through the end of the year

this is not counting the people who want it but do not have ready access. with states saying gently caress it and switching everything to age based eligibility and pharmacy based distribution, we are never going to get to prisons, homeless shelters, migrant workers, etc unless JJ has hosed up the PR so bad institutions that support those groups are the only ones willing to use their shot

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

jarofpiss posted:

no one is going to confirm this. just get shot.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

SchnorkIes posted:

wait does daily bongrips qualify me for a vaccine

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lol tennessee has grocery store workers in Phase 3, which is at best Q3

i'm signing up for 1c, which could be next month, and includes individuals with high risk conditions. i have an autoimmune condition but they won't check anyway

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Google Butt posted:

lol it really owns that the county guidelines say you don't have to wear a mask if you're in an office alone, and then being asked to go into said offices to fix a printer or some poo poo lmao

I'm pretty much the only guy that did local calls for our center after things started to go to poo poo last year. One of the first times I went to a packed place out of the office was a camp teeming with out of state soldiers doing some training for the cadets. They had like 4 computers hosed up and I had to set up a multifunctional printer/scanner at their HQ. No one was using masks. I was spooked to hell and back.

I told my supervisor, who probably told the director, who then probably went straight to the general. The next time I was there everyone was using masks.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Google Butt posted:

What do you think? In 1a a ton of people figured out ways to categorize themselves as medical consultants to be eligible for that tier. The only thing stopping everyone from doing this poo poo is inability to get through to book appointments

Either you go extra slow and do it by age only (which means undocumented people can't get it) or you just open it up and let people do whatever and get the vaccinations done fast

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

SchnorkIes posted:

Sleep in a fetal position and don't stretch, round your height down instead of up, and eat a pizza and drink tons of water, that's like +10 bmi right there

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Pharmaskittle posted:

I think obese is like 30 so yeah you should qualify

I just checked around here, and one of the suppliers offering it has the cutoff at a BMI of 40. So much for that plan!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

actionjackson posted:

how long do you think before we get through all the people that actually want to get vaccinated?

because that's where the next shitshow will be, we need "herd immunity" but we can't because of all the chuds and karens

June. Less than half of adult population is gonna bother to get the shot, so that's like 105m people. It'll be even lower uptake for kids

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

they're not measuring your BMI when you go in, just wear some baggy clothes and walk slowly

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

dxt posted:

lol Americans can get fired for even taking a sick day and it's especially common in the service industry, the people who work with food and lots of people all day.

regarding sick days, ive always been told by everyone around me that if you are not in the hospital or dead, you go to work

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Thoguh posted:

There's an IT guy ITT who's posted this whole time about being forced to go fix issues in places where he's surrounded by non maskers so I'd say that it makes sense to include them with that type of group.

That'd be me and right now im at home sick and really hoping its a sinus infection instead of covid but i should go get tested since I just had to walk through the loving plague lands for moron non maskers a few days ago.

lmao WA state's vaccine evaluator questionnaire is putting me at like the back of the loving line.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

quote:

GREENVILLE, S.C. —
South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster announced Friday that COVID-19 safety measures* related to the sale of alcohol and mass gatherings will be terminated effective March 1.

Restaurants may resume normal alcohol sales as licensed by the South Carolina Department of Revenue.

Additionally, South Carolina Department of Commerce approval for events involving more than 250 people will no longer be required.

*This means bars can stay open until 2am now. Safely.

See you boys at the Blind Horse! *Boot scooting boogie music*

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo
Wouldn't it be easier to buy a pack of cigarettes, take a few out, and bring the rest of the pack and a lighter with you to to the appointment and say you're a smoker. It's on the list

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Went to do my annual fit test at the hospital and it was in the conference room with 12 chairs in rows and do group tests at the same time.

Strong superspreader energy.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gunshow Poophole posted:

At my work, an online tech retailer full of borderline zoomer employees, you'd get puzzled questions about wearing one of those old timey mechanical watches.

"But how do you measure your heart rate??"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Bearjew posted:

they're not measuring your BMI when you go in, just wear some baggy clothes and walk slowly

the mental imagery of this is making me laugh pretty hard

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Jfc people in here really over thinking how to get a med assistant to poke them. Ain't nobody fact checking your comorbidities or reporting you to the FDA for experimental narcotics fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I wear a Casio F-91W, for all my time telling needs

Also, I'm going to listen to a lot of King Diamond tonight