Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

That’s the last person I’d expect to be calling anyone out for posting too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

BrownThunder posted:

That’s the last person I’d expect to be calling anyone out for posting too much

You clearly don’t remember Cate the Great

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Pat McAfee was wearing a pro Easterby shirt on his show the other day. I have no idea whether or not it was supposed to be ironic

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Well in NXT he's a heel

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is all going well.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1365384138593828867
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1365395734053466113

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Texans just cut Duke Johnson. Doesn't the league technically have to approve all trades? Maybe they should just tell the Texans that they're not allowed to trade for players anymore.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

it's really really funny that the texans are going to take the only possible positive from this whole mess, getting a king's ransom for deshaun, and flush it down the toilet by having him hold out/not care and then trading him for like half what they would have gotten otherwise

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
At this point if you're a GM and you're going to cut literally anybody it's actual literal negligence not to call the Texans up and fish for like a fifth rounder.

"Casero my man we've got a long snapper here who really loves Jesus. How about a fourth?"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Intruder posted:

it's really really funny that the texans are going to take the only possible positive from this whole mess, getting a king's ransom for deshaun, and flush it down the toilet by having him hold out/not care and then trading him for like half what they would have gotten otherwise

I'm increasingly of the view he's getting Kaep'd out of the league by pissy owners if he actually holds out.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

tarbrush posted:

I'm increasingly of the view he's getting Kaep'd out of the league by pissy owners if he actually holds out.

No way, he's way too good for that. Kaep was never close to Deshaun's level

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

No way. Too many owners want that asset.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Kaep was good enough and this off-season shows how much a competent QB is valued

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
By the time Kaep started his protests he was no longer a top 20 QB in the league. Maybe not top 25. Watson is by any metric top 5. They simply aren't comparable.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
He was 100% in the top 15 that’s some radical revisionism

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Amy Pole Her posted:

No way. Too many owners want that asset.

Five owners (ish) have a chance of trading him, 27 are petrified of and and furious at the idea that a player might beat the system. None of the big owners are in play for trading for him.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

CharlestheHammer posted:

He was 100% in the top 15 that’s some radical revisionism

There was a pretty solid argument he wasn’t. No point in revisiting the subject of Kaep imo at this point because either way it doesn’t have an effect on Watson.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 26, 2021

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The least charitable interpretation of DeShaun Watson's skill level is still significantly higher than the most charitable interpretation of Kaeps skill level by the time he became available. If Watson was available for more than one offseason there are stadiums that would literally be burnt to the ground.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Five owners (ish) have a chance of trading him, 27 are petrified of and and furious at the idea that a player might beat the system. None of the big owners are in play for trading for him.

That we know of. I feel youre overestimating the current owners.

He won’t get blackballed.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Imperfect measurement but QBR had him at number 23. Below Brock Osweiler and Trevor Siemian.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/passing.htm

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I know it's apples to oranges but it is pretty funny that there's two white quarterbacks who were interested in a trade and have already been traded and two black quarterbacks who have interest in a trade and have no signs of moving.

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Eifert Posting posted:

The least charitable interpretation of DeShaun Watson's skill level is still significantly higher than the most charitable interpretation of Kaeps skill level by the time he became available. if deshaun Watson was available for more than one offseason there are stadiums that would literally be burnt to the ground.

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

There was a pretty solid argument he wasn’t. No point in revisiting the subject of Kaep imo at this point because either way it doesn’t have an effect on Watson.

That’s true but I think people are way overestimating how many competent QBs are in the league at any one time. 20-25 is way to high

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

molestrios posted:

Well that and he actually wants to play football and not use it as his own personal platform for hyperwoke bullshit. Huge difference.

What Watson was on the BLM train which is the exact same one Kaep was on at that time

It was a point of conflict before Easterby became the center of everything

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

molestrios posted:

:goofy:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

molestrios posted:

:thunk:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

molestrios posted:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

molestrios posted:

Lol what on earth

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

molestrios posted:

:ughh:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

molestrios posted:

You could save everybody a lot of time and just go buy another reg date

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

hyperwoke

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Intruder posted:

No way, he's way too good for that. Kaep was never close to Deshaun's level

What if he played Green Bay every week?

It feels like Kaep was in the league so long ago, if you asked me what year he last played I would have guessed 2012, even though working back I know that is wrong. I can see Watson not getting traded as a sort of conservative "respect your superiors" flex, but I don't see him getting blacklisted like Kaep since from what I recall that is mainly the league capitulating to Trump getting all of the chuds riled up by making it a campaign issue.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

molestrios posted:

is this an rg3 rereg or lordwafflebeard?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

is this an rg3 rereg or lordwafflebeard?

That sentence is far too coherent for RG3.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Kaep in his prime (which was literally 2 seasons) wasn’t as statistically good as Watson is right now.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

all this Kaep talk made me look up that playoff game against the packers

his ceiling was pretty ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rHWeDOJYDM

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kaep gets like all of the blame for a team imploding around him due mostly to an owner getting into a dick measuring contest with the head coach.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it means the river molester

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FizFashizzle posted:

Kaep gets like all of the blame for a team imploding around him due mostly to an owner getting into a dick measuring contest with the head coach.

wasn't he hurt in his last year as well?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ehud posted:

all this Kaep talk made me look up that playoff game against the packers

his ceiling was pretty ridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rHWeDOJYDM

The Crabtree receptions in this reminded me that Aqib Talib stole his chain multiple times and all Crabs could do about it was pout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The Crabtree receptions in this reminded me that Aqib Talib stole his chain multiple times and all Crabs could do about it was pout.

and now I'm thinking about this Sherman interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PH35C7Fhq0