Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

El Jebus posted:

I'm in. If you cheat you should be shamed out of the community until you change your ways.

if it matters it was fixed months ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Ixtlilton posted:

If everyone who's posted in this thread votes can we just get him threadbanned?

can you join with him your bad posting lmao

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

so the latest raid episode has a conspicuously giant wall map... might be a new level or part of one. the scene is set in a shipping port which seems like what terminal is to be

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Qmass posted:

so the latest raid episode has a conspicuously giant wall map... might be a new level or part of one

I think that's just a cropped portion of the customs map. The area around RUAF roadblock

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

wouldn't there be a big ol river to the left of the road if that was RUAF ?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

lol

the scav case remains extremely good

Lucca Blight
Jun 2, 2009
As it gives me another poop dorm room key or random gun part.
I'd love to have that purple though.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Scav case brought me fuel tanks 2 times in a row - too bad they are down massively...

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

LGD posted:

lol

probably because btc farming is absurdly overpowered rn, inflation is huge and the cost of scav case hasn't been manually set to compensate

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

LGD posted:

lol

I traded one of those armbands for 2 graphics cards. Some people really, really want that armband.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

El Jebus posted:

I traded one of those armbands for 2 graphics cards. Some people really, really want that armband.

its a limited edition fashion item no one can steal, so yeah it's valuable. People value it at like 3 mil~ typically.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I have been laid out post surgery for about a week and I started playing this because my brother called it the hardest video game/most likely to make you want to flip the desk.

It's been tough. I have been at this for I think four days ish and I'm about to hit level 12. a few of my buddies also started at the same time and they are absolutely struggling to get past four or five and it's hard to get everyone lined up to play together right now.

I apparently did everything backwards I did a lot of scav runs on factory to just snag kits and then I have been doing money runs on reserve and more recently interchange but I've never been inside. The economy in this game is wildly broken. It's really fun I'm enjoying the high stakes but at the same time, starting midwipe was apparently a bad idea but whatever.

Also I just discovered shotguns, haha.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

bird cooch posted:

I have been laid out post surgery for about a week and I started playing this because my brother called it the hardest video game/most likely to make you want to flip the desk.

It's been tough. I have been at this for I think four days ish and I'm about to hit level 12. a few of my buddies also started at the same time and they are absolutely struggling to get past four or five and it's hard to get everyone lined up to play together right now.

I apparently did everything backwards I did a lot of scav runs on factory to just snag kits and then I have been doing money runs on reserve and more recently interchange but I've never been inside. The economy in this game is wildly broken. It's really fun I'm enjoying the high stakes but at the same time, starting midwipe was apparently a bad idea but whatever.

Also I just discovered shotguns, haha.

game is fun. hard to say starting midwipe is a bad idea when people are still going to be rocking best ammo/armour/guns in the game in the second week nowadays.

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Are the wipes at any specific interval or is it just whenever the devs release some new feature or randomly decide that too many players are at level X?

I just recently got the game and they don't seem to have any info about them on their website or in the OP here but they are mentioned in like every post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

the announced the last wipe 1 day before it happened, so you know. they used to give a few weeks/months of warning.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Are the wipes at any specific interval or is it just whenever the devs release some new feature or randomly decide that too many players are at level X?

There's not set schedule but rule of thumb is around the time of major updates.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

the announced the last wipe 1 day before it happened, so you know. they used to give a few weeks/months of warning.

oddly enough some streamers have inside info and lvndmark said it was gonna wipe christmas eve like two weeks in advance

so you can kind of know if you're in the loop

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I just recently got the game and they don't seem to have any info about them on their website or in the OP here but they are mentioned in like every post.

Like others have said, they occur alongside major updates and it’s difficult to parse the sporadic information that comes from streamers/Battlestate. But actual time-wise each wipe tends to be about 4 to 6 months apart - I know that’s not accurate at all but you can kinda extrapolate that this current game period will last until mid-April at least, possibly through June.

I’ve found the general advice that “it’s better to start playing at the beginning of a wipe” is becoming less and less true with each wipe. The “early wipe” period where everyone’s using lovely ammo lasted, like, less than a week this time around.

The game is difficult all the time! Just go ahead and dive in.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

sometimes they do a wipe

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn
Seems like they should just call them "seasons" and make it a bi-annual or something.

Regardless, the game is fun and I killed some level 30 dude the other night with a broken rear end ak with no dustcover or stock and got my rear end lit up while looting his corpse so 10/10 great game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

i killed a lv 40 the other day running factory with three grenades and a grache :xd:

I know they're just trying to get the grenade quest done but it was fun slowly walking away from the grenades before they explode.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

i killed a lv 40 the other day running factory with three grenades and a grache :xd:

I know they're just trying to get the grenade quest done but it was fun slowly walking away from the grenades before they explode.

I'm really enjoying this game because of the stakes. There were a few times on woods that I drink so hard when I got shot that I tossed my headphones off my head. Just a few minutes ago I shot a guy in the face in customs while we were both running with the mosin and I was so excited about it that I ran right into a scav and got merked. Not even mad.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

nothing is more satisfying than smoking some unsuspecting fully decked out chad after you've been laying down for 15 minutes watching netflix and only tabbed in because you heard him running towards your trap

https://streamable.com/fc8ppv

https://streamable.com/muj5g4

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 27, 2021

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I started playing around with the flea market more and realized lots of people just don't think about what they throw on there and for how much.

I snagged all of these from flea for about 20k-30k roubles.
Just yesterday I got a 40/40 one for 20k. That's 8k under dealer sell price, I don't know what people are thinking when they do this. Or if they are.

I know it's not great armor, it has a hefty 15% ergo hit and the material isn't great (titan). But it's lvl 4 armor and it gives rig space and at that price point it's unbeatable in my opinion. I didn't find any actually good lvl 4 armor (e.g. trooper) for under 85k.
I throw one of these on when I go to factory and it's lvl 4 armor for almost free. No one seems to take these either so you get them back most of the time (they don't repair well though).

Combined with the lvl 3 Ratnik helmet which has way better stats than the penis helmet and can be bartered for 2 bleach (which I regularly snag at 8k a pop) I have a very solid armor setup for ~40k.
Then I take an MP153 with 8 rounder and laser already attached for <30k from flea and a vpo-215 with scope already attached for <20k from flea + comtacs I have a setup for ~100k including ammo (Flechette + .366 AP) which can easily gently caress geared people up close and at distance.

All it takes me is having this stuff in my flea wish list and occasionally checking if a cheap item can be snagged inbetween raids or while watching some youtube videos.

So many weapons are commonly found and people don't care about how much they sell for to dealers and just throw them on the flea.
I regularly buy VSS with PSO attached or with 30 round mags for under 50k which sell to Jaeger for 65k. I get lots of M700 for ~30k with TAC 30 scopes on them which sell to Jaeger for ~50k.
There are quite a few other weapons which are regularly sold with attachments which makes them 10k-20k more valuable when just selling to Mechanic or Jaeger. Scopes, Sights, Suppressors.
Another good item group are info items sold to Peacekeeper. SSD and flash drives and often diaries are so cheap that you get a dollar exchange course of 100 roubles per dollar and better.
I only calculate rouble prices of dollar items using 100 roubles per dollar because I never spend more per dollar and it's way easier to calculate.

I know I can make more roubles if I just run Interchange again and again and stuff so many graphics cards up my butt I start vomiting bitcoins.
But I like playing with the flea market and profiting off others who are just too lazy to check the actual worth of the stuff they sell.
It also helps me immensely with gear fear as I can tell my self I saved so much on my loadouts that even if I immediately die I got that particular loadout for free anyway.

Does anyone else like playing extreme couponing simulator instead of Tarkov and if yes what are the items you usually buy with huge discounts?

Edit: just got this bad boy for 32k:

Edit2: in case someone doesn't believe the 6B3 can regularly be bought so incredibly cheap:

This was in the timespan of maybe 5 minutes.
There was another 20k 40/40 one but I bought that one instead of making a screenshot.

Malefitz fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 27, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

nothing is more satisfying than smoking some unsuspecting fully decked out chad after you've been laying down for 15 minutes watching netflix and only tabbed in because you heard him running towards your trap

https://streamable.com/fc8ppv

https://streamable.com/muj5g4

Killing chads will never not be satisfying.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Malefitz posted:

Just yesterday I got a 40/40 one for 20k. That's 8k under dealer sell price, I don't know what people are thinking when they do this. Or if they are.

At a certain point 8k is pocket change and you just want it out of your inventory. I usually end up vendoring 90% of what I pick up just because it's faster and I want the space even though I'm losing thousands of rubles.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

ChesterJT posted:

At a certain point 8k is pocket change and you just want it out of your inventory. I usually end up vendoring 90% of what I pick up just because it's faster and I want the space even though I'm losing thousands of rubles.

Oh I totally get just dropping it to the dealers. I do that with a lot of weapons too just because the kind of weapons I get FiR are usually not worth a lot on the flea (like I don't regularly kill raiders or bosses).
What I don't really get is going through the effort of selling to the flea but asking for a price lower than dealer sell price.

8k roubles is pocket change for me, too. But it adds up.
And if one is so rich that money is just not an issue anymore why would one even pick up such a subpar armor?

I want to explain it with ignorance and want to have the feeling that I profit off the ignorance of others :colbert:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That 6b whatever rig a. vest is decent. It'll keep you up when fighting scavs for long periods at least and does actually repair well.

I guess when you get a free mil a day there's nothing stopping you from just spending X3 that for of 5, so I've been wearing karund, or m1 (pockets) more often.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I suspect there's something shady going on with those 6B rigs.
If they're on the Flea, then they must have been picked up from scav or raiders in game, I can probably count on one hand the number of regular scavs I've seen wearing them so they must be coming from raiders, and if you're killing raiders then why would you pick up a twelve slot item that only sells for <30k?

That doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of the situation and get some cheap armor.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

Bucnasti posted:

If they're on the Flea, then they must have been picked up from scav or raiders in game, I can probably count on one hand the number of regular scavs I've seen wearing them so they must be coming from raiders, and if you're killing raiders then why would you pick up a twelve slot item that only sells for <30k?

That doesn't mean you shouldn't take advantage of the situation and get some cheap armor.

Players doing scav runs and looting Dead raiders.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

and if you're killing raiders then why would you pick up a twelve slot item that only sells for <30k?

it's also a 12 slot item that can hold 12 slots of items, and if you have nothing else big to put in your rear end it's a free 30k if it's full of 1 or 2 slot items

armored rigs tend to be cheaper for that reason, a lot more reasons to pick them up

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Bucnasti posted:

I extremely doubt there is anything shady going on at all, they’re reasonably common on regular scavs / found in stashes /etc. and they’re good enough that a scav or budget runner will frequently wear them out if they find one

they also can frequently be sold on flea for more like 40k+ if they’re in good condition, and as a rig are actually *0* slot item if you don’t mind the weight

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
A lot of these lobbies I look like one of only a few people who isn't running an edge of darkness account. Is that just my lobbies or is that just kind of the general state of the game?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

bird cooch posted:

A lot of these lobbies I look like one of only a few people who isn't running an edge of darkness account. Is that just my lobbies or is that just kind of the general state of the game?

edge of darkness provides a massive advantage to the average player, i wouldn't say a majority have it but a very sizable chunk does.

it's also a bias since people who spend $130 are more likely to continue playing than those that just spend $30

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

bird cooch posted:

There has also been sales to upgrade with russian veterans day, Xmas, and so forth

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Have their really honestly been that many improvements to the game in the last few months? It seems like outside the addition of stuff like the vector not much has changed. Bugs and hackers still frequent. :smith:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Turning Woods into a fun map that has viable ways to make money besides hoping Shturman is up was a great game improvement IMO but your mileage may vary.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Is it still viable to play as a lovely SCAV on Reserve only to camp for player PMCs fighting raiders?

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Crosby B. Alfred posted:

Is it still viable to play as a lovely SCAV on Reserve only to camp for player PMCs fighting raiders?

Yes, absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm having a pretty good time. Woods is my favorite, but I like the sneeky shooty.

I committed what I have found out is a classic tarkov sin of accidentally bringing my entire bag stack into a raid and then immediately getting clapped trying to get out. That wouldn't have been a big deal except for there were four fuel in the bottom most bag and my found in raid flash drives. Agg.

I'm sneaking up on lvl 15 feeding customs all my gear. It's so active.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Feb 28, 2021