Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Defeating your opponents make you like Trump. Which is bad, and you shouldn't do it. Being defeated is the only moral choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
being defeated forever into the sunset- the dem strategy

just as planned!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Dolphin posted:

Using cannons to blow up our enemies is Napoleonic writ large.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The point you're missing is that there isn't anything that can be done about it. It's just the way things are at the moment.

It would be awesome if the Democrats had 65 seats in the Senate and didn't have to worry about filibusters or defections or much of anything else.

They don't. They have exactly 50 and need every single one of those votes. Everyone has to be wooed and sweet-talked because there is no other alternative.

You can bitch about it all you want, but it doesn't change anything.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

All the lib news sites today are pearl clutching about cpac

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can't do it. I don't know how you guys do this unsourced quote thing, I'm already exhausted.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Dolphin posted:

The point you're missing is that there isn't anything that can be done about it. It's just the way things are at the moment.

It would be awesome if the Democrats had 65 seats in the Senate and didn't have to worry about filibusters or defections or much of anything else.

They don't. They have exactly 50 and need every single one of those votes. Everyone has to be wooed and sweet-talked because there is no other alternative.

Edit got me gently caress I'm dum

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

i can't believe bernie wants another 9/11

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

If the Democrats had 65 seats they'd make up another excuse for why they can't pass policies that help the working class. Just look at California, where the Democrats dominate and it has the highest inequality in the nation and just enshrined gig work into law.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

maybe the democrats would have more than 50 if they didn't consistently succ, i dunno

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Dolphin :doh:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Edit got me gently caress I'm dum

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020
Goddamn that was some good unsourced quotes

Great hustle guys, its what i love to see

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

The "maybe we can get more done with 65 senate seats" defense kinda falls apart when most of us remember how much they hosed up and wasted their super majority in 09

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

never drop your guard, for succ is just around the corner ready to pounce

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lord of Pie posted:

maybe if the democrats weren't all older than 50 they wouldn't consistently succ, i dunno

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Dolphin posted:

I can't do it. I don't know how you guys do this unsourced quote thing, I'm already exhausted.

It's a gift. Some people have it, some people don't. You did good Dolphin, you did good.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Dolphin posted:

Such powerful 2009 energy, I think the OP just swapped around some numbers. Are you sure the source isn't trolling?

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do not, my friends, become addicted to unsourced quote. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence.

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.
The Democrats don't ever do anything, but during an election year they will definitely make sure tell you that you are racist and/or stupid if you don't vote for them.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Atrocious Joe posted:

Defeating your opponents make you like Trump. Which is bad, and you shouldn't do it. Being defeated is the only moral choice.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
don't make manchin too mad or he might not vote for the things he would never vote for

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

QUEER FRASIER posted:

let's all just be incredibly clear that the Dems aren't failing to pass the minimum wage increase because they are spineless, cowards, strategically incompetent. none of that is true. The Dems are failing to pass the minimum wage increase because they don't want to pass it, and their usual method of defying their base is to pose the situation as inevitable/intractable and address the whole ordeal with a sort of angsty third wayism. Obama era austerity worked the exact same way

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why are this dipshit and gaupo not forumbanned from cspam

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

When all you have is a hammer an sickle, everything looks like succ

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The trick with SYQ posts is to not do them too often, and they have to work within the context of the current thread discussion.

If you just post some random lib bullshit it might get one or two people, but if you post lib bullshit in response to a current discussion you can get 10+ people.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Dolphin posted:

sometimes your are lucky and find a bunch of solid gold posts one after another. other times you need to walk away before your eyes start to bleed

Dolphin posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to unsourced quote. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence.

you gotta dopamine fast in between the unsourced quote binges. too many quotes and you'll disturb the balance of a thread too much and develop an addiction to the yellow replies

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

bedpan posted:

sometimes your are lucky and find a bunch of solid gold posts one after another. other times you need to walk away before your eyes start to bleed

you gotta dopamine fast in between the unsourced quote binges. too many quotes and you'll disturb the balance of a thread too much and develop an addiction to the yellow replies

Well done

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

She's got 3 mil followers now

https://www.tiktok.com/@wrong_whole_

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

i hope joe biden dies

and soon!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

John_A_Tallon posted:

What's the weird little icon to the right of the Star of David on her twit mean?

that's little st james

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

115,000 followers. 3 mil views

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

lmao that wall of text about leftist twitter and youtube personalities is more deranged than anything that got posted here about FTV

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

You fuckers caught me bored at work scanning water plant logs and my oasis of syc bait was glorious to behold and I jumped right in. Gg

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

How are u posted:

Sure. I was in Bolivia in 2016 doing aid work while Evo was trying to get his constituional amendment passed to let him do the extra term. Bolivians were talking about it constantly, and there were very mixed feelings. Undoubtedly the guy has done immense good for Bolivia, but people were really wary about his growing authoritarian tendency.

This was in cocha, not santa cruz or something. working people and students.

I thought Evo was loving great for a long time. But he's a man, and men are fallible, and we shouldn't put men on pedestals. I don't think the coup was right or justified, but i also don't think evo was justified in grabbing for more power pre-coup rather than stepping aside and enthusiastically supporting a good successor.

I'm enormously glad that the coup failed and that the people of Bolivia still have a democratic government.

lmfao

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

is pepsi ok posted:

lmao that wall of text about leftist twitter and youtube personalities is more deranged than anything that got posted here about FTV

Vaush is bringing in more lefties than any of us will ever in OUR ENTIRE LIVES. We owe him.

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

You fuckers caught me bored at work scanning water plant logs and my oasis of syc bait was glorious to behold and I jumped right in. Gg

Lookin at the posts and they turn into hamburgers and hot dogs cause youre starvin for succ

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dolphin posted:

People who have spent years practicing the art of the unsourced quote develop a special technique where they can directly channel the mind of a liberal and spawn the quotes from their own mind.

edit: It's like when someone has played so much Tetris that they constantly see falling blocks, only in this case they constantly see bad posts produced by their subconscious mind

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

People who have spent years practicing the art of the unsourced quote develop a special technique where they can directly channel the mind of a liberal and spawn the quotes from their own mind.

edit: It's like when someone has played so much Tetris that they constantly see falling blocks, only in this case they constantly see bad posts produced by their subconscious mind

The legendary Succ Shaman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

mila kunis posted:

@quetzadilla these are the types of people you're rolling with when you troll this thread lol

They're both liberals.