Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/acczibit/status/1322335512053637121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

How are u posted:

Man I wish I had some power in my life. Just another over educated, unemployed, indebted, depressed American fail man here.

You're undereducated.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

I don't wanna watch anything to find out myself. Do they still post about politics, champ?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

We need this in smilies.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
this person is unwell

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Dolphin posted:

this person is unwell

They show why the USSR had all those wonderful care facilities.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Congratulations to Kamala Harris on shattering the glass ceiling of denying poor people a living wage.

I really love living through these important moments in history.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

How are u posted:

Sure. I was in Bolivia in 2016 doing aid work while Evo was trying to get his constituional amendment passed to let him do the extra term. Bolivians were talking about it constantly, and there were very mixed feelings. Undoubtedly the guy has done immense good for Bolivia, but people were really wary about his growing authoritarian tendency.

This was in cocha, not santa cruz or something. working people and students.

I thought Evo was loving great for a long time. But he's a man, and men are fallible, and we shouldn't put men on pedestals. I don't think the coup was right or justified, but i also don't think evo was justified in grabbing for more power pre-coup rather than stepping aside and enthusiastically supporting a good successor.

I'm enormously glad that the coup failed and that the people of Bolivia still have a democratic government.

What is the growing authoritarian tendency? Being elected multiple times? Also are you CIA?

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

How are u posted:

Sure. I was in Bolivia in 2016 doing aid work ...

So what's it like working in the CIA?

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

Yeah that objection essentially boils down to "Evo used the machinery of his country's democracy too successfully" as far as I can tell, which isn't interesting enough to merit further discussion IMO so let's get back to the succ (this means you too how are u)

Now I reach the point where the thread has moved on and I still have questions.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Congratulations to Kamala Harris on shattering the glass ceiling of denying poor people a living wage.

I really love living through these important moments in history.

i honestly dont even think that could be classified as living wage in half the country. 15 is too low imo, always has been

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

It is insanely cool that almost everything used to shame us into voting blue has already been walked back. Minimum wage, "public option", treating immigrants humanely, Covid relief... they bumped the squad from their committee seats and even halfassed the impeachment

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

a Loving Dog posted:

yeah lol, I’m glad that poo poo happened though because it was very helpful at outing people who aren’t really on my side

true, if nothing else it exposed careerists at an unprecedented scale

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

It is insanely cool that almost everything used to shame us into voting blue has already been walked back. Minimum wage, "public option", treating immigrants humanely, Covid relief... they bumped the squad from their committee seats and even halfassed the impeachment

But if, using a complex series of tubes, you fart into your own mouth until mild hypoxia sets in and clears out just enough of your gray matter, you'll realize none of these bad things actually happened! You're just being a doombrained nihilist, and if they did happen, well, they were actually good.

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007

Dixon Chisholm posted:

But if, using a complex series of tubes, you fart into your own mouth until mild hypoxia sets in and clears out just enough of your gray matter, you'll realize none of these bad things actually happened! You're just being a doombrained nihilist, and if they did happen, well, they were actually good.

i see you've discovered how they make the donuts over in D&D

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Just loving shoot me.

Trying to talk to a friend about this KSA poo poo and im complaining because Biden managed to even go below my extremely low expectations for a racist rapist.

quote:

I don't know what his options are. Switch sides and back the Iranians?

How the gently caress do people think that there's only two choices here?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Gulping Again posted:

i see you've discovered how they make the donuts over in D&D

It's where I started posting on this godforsaken site.

Still working on getting my brain function back up. Taking super male vitality and those gorilla cum nootropics cernovich sells.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
backing iran is the better option though, yes

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

a Loving Dog posted:

i honestly dont even think that could be classified as living wage in half the country. 15 is too low imo, always has been

$15 is a raise for like 2 of my coworkers, for the other 25 theyre already over it in a low cost of living location. It needs to be increased to $21

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
the succ druid of lib mountain

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Dolphin posted:

backing iran is the better option though, yes

Its weird how like - no longer selling arms to KSA or sanctioning them or anything never even floats their their walnut loving brains.

And yeah, in lieu of pulling our poo poo covered noses out of the middle east, Irans a better state imo.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ty. i dig through the succ-generating threads occasionally because i don't want to forget that liberalism is a communicable mental disease.

Ytlaya posted:

People who have spent years practicing the art of the unsourced quote develop a special technique where they can directly channel the mind of a liberal and spawn the quotes from their own mind.

edit: It's like when someone has played so much Tetris that they constantly see falling blocks, only in this case they constantly see bad posts produced by their subconscious mind

the feeling that the perfect unsourced quote post for any given situation is always out there. trying to satisfy that feeling is dangerous because there is no perfect unsourced post outside your own mind and you will contract internet diseases trying to find it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Iran is and has always been a better country than half of the states in the middle east, ESPECIALLY saudi arabia

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

(ilhan tweet)
lol

https://twitter.com/omw/status/1365150595892596737
https://twitter.com/omw/status/1365184426439761921

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Listen, Jack, sometimes you just gotta have your arms and legs sawed off from your body while you're still alive. Roll with the punches, that's what my Pop used to say.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Everyone in this thread saw this coming 100 miles out.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Grapplejack posted:

Iran is and has always been a better country than half of the states in the middle east, ESPECIALLY saudi arabia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I've been enjoying a lovely Friday night with my family, is there still slapfighting going on in here :toughguy:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

I've been enjoying a lovely Friday night with my family, is there still slapfighting going on in here :toughguy:

good news, you can go back 2 brunch

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

loquacius posted:

Just some syq shenanigans

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

The Pussy Boss posted:

this is why you can never accept the lesser of two evils framing and also why the notion of gaining a "seat at the table" is a fallacy; if you can be shamed into voting blue then why give you anything at all?

Yinlock posted:

true, if nothing else it exposed careerists at an unprecedented scale

on this basis alone, FTV was an unqualified success. it was astounding how hard the supposed backers of M4A worked to defeat M4A when an excellent time for advancing it appeared. then all of the arguments against FTV were shamelessly inverted and applied to the impeachment by the same people.

Raccooon posted:

Everyone in this thread saw this coming 100 miles out.

all the signs were there if you wanted to read them. AOC is not an ally of anyone but the liberal establishment.

bedpan has issued a correction as of 01:27 on Feb 27, 2021

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
The last couple of years in general have been fantastic for exposing people who are 100% just in it for the job and dont actually have a lick of conviction in their bodies.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

How are u posted:

Point was that evo wasn't king poo poo of Marxism mountain. He was grabbing power and that's no good weather you're left or right.

unfortunately for morales, he wasnt grabbing a bible as he did it lol

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

We made pizza :)

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

loquacius posted:

We made pizza :)

the corruption goes so deep

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Morales lust for power was so great, they had to take out an IMF loan right after to undo all the damage

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

How are u posted:

Point was that evo wasn't king poo poo of Marxism mountain. He was grabbing power and that's no good weather you're left or right.

Wow, coup apologism

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

BULBASAUR posted:

jokes on you i'm currently enjoying a 2 for 20 at chillis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

loquacius posted:

cia not welcome