Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I mean there does seem to be something special going on with him and what he can do, unless you’re telling me all Finns are like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yes all finns are telepaths connected to extra dimensional beings, or may just flat out all be extra dimensional beings themselves

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
I thought that was common knowledge

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

that actually explains shitloads about finland

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Fur20 posted:

tali is the best romance option but only if you do it like that one crazy dude from the bio ware forums who failed certain parts of tali's story on purpose so everyone she loves dies and commander shepard is the only person she has left in the universe

Actually I did it worse. I did the tali romance in 2 because I kept her in my party in 1 didn't much care for 2, I guess.

Anyways I decided the quarians genociding their own creations was wrong and she committed suicide in 3.

Then in spite of her being dead, because I didn't do any romance options in 3, it decided the default boning video for the ending was whoever I chose in 2 so it still played the tali cutscene.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ikanreed posted:

Actually I did it worse. I did the tali romance in 2 because I kept her in my party in 1 didn't much care for 2, I guess.

Anyways I decided the quarians genociding their own creations was wrong and she committed suicide in 3.

Then in spite of her being dead, because I didn't do any romance options in 3, it decided the default boning video for the ending was whoever I chose in 2 so it still played the tali cutscene.

Not giving BioWare games a romance input is always hilarious because they never consider the idea you just don’t want a romance, so they just force something no matter how nonsensical.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Meme Poker Party posted:

Not giving BioWare games a romance input is always hilarious because they never consider the idea you just don’t want a romance, so they just force something no matter how nonsensical.

In bg2 you could just not have a healer in your party, then there were no romance plots

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ikanreed posted:

In bg2 you could just not have a healer in your party, then there were no romance plots

Why would anyone want any healers in any video game if they didn't want to gently caress them? Like I'd gently caress the medic. I'd gently caress Mercy. I'd gently caress meat found in a castle wall.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's true I played healers in pretty much every MMORPG I ever played and everyone wanted to gently caress me all of the time it was fun but very hard to progress.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Duck and Cover posted:

Why would anyone want any healers in any video game if they didn't want to gently caress them? Like I'd gently caress the medic. I'd gently caress Mercy. I'd gently caress meat found in a castle wall.

Lol. Bone down with the tf2 medic, friend.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Lol. Bone down with the tf2 medic, friend.

Why would I do that when I have this meat and this bottle of pills? gently caress I'm only one person!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 27, 2021

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's true I played healers in pretty much every MMORPG I ever played and everyone wanted to gently caress me all of the time it was fun but very hard to progress.

Come 'ere, you dirty healslut.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I played a female healer in City of Heroes and nobody cared but then I made a controller character in City of Villains called 'Teenage Girl' who had the power to summon men to fight for her and then had a bunch of people falling over themselves to give me stuff.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
City of Heroes/Villains and Champions Online were probably the only good MMOs just because the whole thing was a meme generator. My favorite character I ever saw was from my roommate at the time, it was a big homeless dude in a ratty trench coat and hat, used earth powers to cover himself in rocks, named Continental Drifter

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

war thunder is a not bad mmo. i dont really go in for any social aspects of it but its the only game available for xbox with decent modelling of a whole bunch of cool ww2 planes and i dont mind the grind because i like the crappy early planes anyway

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
I downloaded the outriders demo but haven’t played it yet. I just want it not to suck.

Destiny 2 doesn’t respect your time. Borderlands 3 matchmaking has pretty much never worked and there’s no real end game content. Division 2 doesn’t do anything for me cause cosplaying a backwater Trumper is lame. 99% of Warframe and Diablo 3 content is so easy it’s boring. Anthem was dead on arrival, but officially died a couple days ago for good measure.

Like the door is wide open for this kinda game if it’s good. And it’s apparently cross play so that’s cool I don’t gotta worry about the ps4 player base dying when ps5s are easier to get.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Its crazy how lovely that new pokemon game looks. I know that its a cliche to compare things to PS2 games, but it looks like a PS2 game. It looks worse than Dragon Quest 8 and way worse than Dark Cloud 2. Its actually quite insane how bad the graphics are.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's legitimately awful looking, Like I hate the way Links Awakening Redux looks, but holy poo poo would I take that over the weird Roblox people.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

its_my_birthday posted:

I downloaded the outriders demo but haven’t played it yet. I just want it not to suck.

It sucks sorry. It's mechanically fine but that's all, bland as hell.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

It's legitimately awful looking, Like I hate the way Links Awakening Redux looks, but holy poo poo would I take that over the weird Roblox people.

I was talking more about this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUW1ZWAq09M

but that one looks gross as well

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Caesar Saladin posted:

Holy poo poo, I didn't even see that one. Can we just fire Masuda, have Nintendo take direct control and give the franchise a 3 year break and hopefully come out with something that isn't trash. Looks like loving garbage and runs at 10 FPS, I've never seen a company so thoroughly gently caress up a series before, at least one I like.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

Looks like those B tier open world games that used to be on the 360 and ps3 and then on steam a lot.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Gaius Marius posted:

I hate the way Links Awakening Redux looks

Gonna need a new thread. This one is over.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Caesar Saladin posted:

Its crazy how lovely that new pokemon game looks. I know that its a cliche to compare things to PS2 games, but it looks like a PS2 game. It looks worse than Dragon Quest 8 and way worse than Dark Cloud 2. Its actually quite insane how bad the graphics are.

Holy poo poo you're right, the new Pokemon games do look exactly Dark Cloud 2. And yeah it's hilarious how much they're phoning Pokemon when it makes so much money

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know, it makes me want to catch a bidoof. :3:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PinheadSlim posted:

Holy poo poo you're right, the new Pokemon games do look exactly Dark Cloud 2. And yeah it's hilarious how much they're phoning Pokemon when it makes so much money

Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time, bigger than Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, and Mario. Remember that every time someone makes an excuse for the worthless dregs making the games there.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Valheim is pretty cool, I find it relaxing, but I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with it because of travel time. The second boss altar is so far away from my base that it takes me almost a full game day to get there and I am sick to death of just running. Building is also kind of a pain in the rear end so I'm not really looking forward to building another base.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gaius Marius posted:

Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise of all time, bigger than Disney, Star Wars, Marvel, DC, Harry Potter, and Mario. Remember that every time someone makes an excuse for the worthless dregs making the games there.

People forget this. Pokemania is a real deal.

There is no reason they can’t open palm slap a hundred trillion dollars into the franchise. It is such a slam dunk with the lowest standards but they still manage to look like low quality knockoffs of their own games lol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pokemon Snap even looks nice, but I think that' the rub, the spinoffs look nice because they're developed independently and can choose their own scope.

Game Freak's reach exceeds their grasp and they're clearly struggling badly with HD development.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Valheim is pretty cool, I find it relaxing, but I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with it because of travel time. The second boss altar is so far away from my base that it takes me almost a full game day to get there and I am sick to death of just running. Building is also kind of a pain in the rear end so I'm not really looking forward to building another base.

valheim has portals. just build those.

i might be playing the worst valheim seed on the entire internet. everyone else is playing legend of zelda and i'm playing wind waker...

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i like exploring in valheim just like i did in dont starve although im aware i'll probably hit a point where the procedural nature of the game gets to me, i hope they add more setpieces, it's really impressive though for a game designed by 5 people

i like the building too, anything that will let me design and build stuff with parts is fun to me pretty much automatically

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lost Planet was a dope and cool video game and had some fun as poo poo multiplayer with the grapple hook and stuff. I wish it got remade or got a sequel, but without the heat-juice mechanic.

But not THAT sequel. Or that other sequel.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I keep going further and further down the modding rabbit hole in Rimworld, people have produced some insanely impressive stuff for this game. Like Rimatomics is supremely well-designed, it starts you off with step-by-step instructions for building modular nuclear reactors with a surprising degree of control, and from there it expands into new research projects for high-power energy weapons, ICBMs, uses for depleted uranium, etc. And the Vanilla Factions Expanded mods are pretty much all impressive, but the latest one for Mechanoids is massive and adds an entire factory-automation system, basically giving it a light Factorio feel. So you could set up a little patch of the map with industrial machines that automatically plant, harvest, and process psychoid into huge mountains of cocaine that get conveyer-belted directly up your colonists' noses

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

jokes posted:

Lost Planet was a dope and cool video game and had some fun as poo poo multiplayer with the grapple hook and stuff. I wish it got remade or got a sequel, but without the heat-juice mechanic.

But not THAT sequel. Or that other sequel.

Lost planet 2 was a fantastic co-op game you monster.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The best thing about Pokemon has always been the spinoffs.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

jokes posted:

People forget this. Pokemania is a real deal.

There is no reason they can’t open palm slap a hundred trillion dollars into the franchise. It is such a slam dunk with the lowest standards but they still manage to look like low quality knockoffs of their own games lol.

"Really Nintendo? You want to control expenses since you know it will be a massive success no matter how much you spend? Is that why you're in this? To make money?"

BIG FLUFFY DOG fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Feb 27, 2021

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

That's stupid, Nintendo has made their name by having massively polished and aesthetic games and a high level of consistent quality, these lovely pokemon games are an outlier and look uniquely like poo poo compared the entire spectrum of modern video games. There is clearly a lack of talent in the pokemon development team in technology and art.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A lot makes sense remembering Pokemon isn't entirely Nintendo, Game Freak/The Pokemon Company is technically second party, as rare a thing as that is nowadays. They do even publish non-Pokemon games on non-Nintendo platforms.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Yeah Nintendo stock skyrocketed after Pokemon Go got huge and they had to hold a press conference telling people "yo chill those profits aren't actually going to us"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Pokemon has always been low budget with high charm to make up for it, the cracks just weren't visible until it was forced to make the leap to HD.