Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

AEW Dynamite 2/24

HM: Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Fenix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKs8Rsnzn5c

MOTYC: UNCHAIN (Jun Kasai & Kenji Fukimoto) vs. E.R.E. (Masashi Takeda & Takayuki Ueki) - FREEDOMS Go Beyond the Limit (2/9)

As far as a career move completely revitalising a person as much as Takayuki Ueki moving from BJW to FREEDOMS. He has looked like an absolute demon straight from hell in all his matches since making the jump and this might be a career performance. The finish was hard to watch even in terms of deathmatches and I hope it was gimmicked.

Either way his title challenge next month is my most anticipated match for a long time.

2nd this, great action

Could do without loving breezeblocks though, good lord that has so much potential to go badly wrong.

Same show, HM for Toru Sugiura vs Toshiyuki Sakuda

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Feb 26, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Friendship, Hard Work, Victory in Nagoya February 23rd
MOTYC
Eruption(c) (Kazusada Higuchi and Yukio Sakaguchi) vs Sauna Club (Konosuke Takeshita and MAO)
- God drat Eruption are so loving cool. Even before the bell the match started off right, with Saki coming out to support her partners and the whole Sauna Club coming out together (even though Yuki and Shunma had a kickass match of their own less than an hour earlier). This match completely delivered, and I had some real high expectations considering I nominated the setup match to this a MOTYC. Higuchi is a beast and Yukio is a killer, while MAO and Takeshita are two supremely talented young men who matched them every step of the way. Hard hitting and exhausting (including a crazy looking Stungun/V-Trigger to MAO), this has made me real keen for the upcoming Akiyama/Higuchi rematch. loving awesome, this is right up there with the Eruption/Nautilus match that was my MOTY last year.

HM
NEO Itoh Respect Army (Maki Itoh and Chris Brookes) vs Antonia Honda and Saki Akai
- Three great wrestlers (and Antonio Honda who hits all his regular beats) having a fun little match. Maki joined in on Gon's story time, Chris is tsundere for Saki, Honda got stretchered out and left Saki in a handicap situation. This match had it all.
Sauna Club (Yuki Ueno and Shunma Katsumata vs Damnation (Daisuke Sasaki and Tetsuya Endo)
- I'm beginning to have the sneaking suspicion that these four guys are real good. I sometimes forget just how smooth as gently caress Endo is, definitely the best Tetsuya in wrestling

Nth on all these. Goddamn that main event was great.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

2nd this, great action

Could do without loving breezeblocks though, good lord that has so much potential to go badly wrong.

Same show, HM for Toru Sugiura vs Toshiyuki Sakuda

There's a whole issue going on with light tubes right now as Japan moves away from using them meaning that they can't get them used and buying new means they're more likely to cause injury, so expect to see some wacky weapons used until they can figure out a solution that can be the staple that tubes have been.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
HM: Austin Theory & Johnny Gargano vs. Kushida & Leon Ruff, NXT 1/20

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
These are all HMs from the second round of the AEW Women's Eliminator Tournament on 2/22

Nyla Rose vs. Tay Conti
Emi Sakura vs. Yuka Sakazaki
Aja Kong vs. Ryo Mizunami

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
21st February
Pro Wrestling NOAH Step Forward Night 1
Daisuke Harada, Go Shiozaki & Yoshiki Inamura vs Kongo (Katsuhiko Nakajima, Manabu Soya & Nioh)

Just a very solid multiman tag with Nakajima booting the bejesus out of people like you hope for.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

had a little of everything that makes Chocopro so great

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Chie showed herself very well in her first title match ever carried by excellent work from Akki, Hagane, and Mei

NTH

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

nth.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

+1

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

NTH. MVCHIE

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Ren Narita vs. Chris Dickinson - NJPW New Beginning USA 2/26

I am so loving happy to be getting to see Ren Narita wrestling again, and goddamn the finish to this match ruled.

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

HM: 2021-02-26 NJPW New Beginning USA Ren Narita vs. Chris Dickinson

Not fancy but really convincing. Enjoyed this a ton, good selling, hard chops.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Jon Moxley (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning USA 2/26

Really, really good match that was really only lacking a crowd to react to the good poo poo going on in the ring. And the ending with KENTA flipping off Moxley and going,"gently caress YOUUUUU, MOXLEYYYYY!" before being put down was :kiss:

Thanlis
Mar 17, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Jon Moxley (C) vs. KENTA for the IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship - NJPW New Beginning USA 2/26

Really, really good match that was really only lacking a crowd to react to the good poo poo going on in the ring. And the ending with KENTA flipping off Moxley and going,"gently caress YOUUUUU, MOXLEYYYYY!" before being put down was :kiss:

Nth.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Njpw strong 27/2

HM : Ren v Dickinson
HM : mox v kenta

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

KENTA v Moxley
NJPW strong
2/26/21
HM only lack of crowd preventing the moty vote

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Njpw strong 27/2

HM : Ren v Dickinson
HM : mox v kenta

Nth!

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Nth, plus a special shout out to the random guy passing by in the alley.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Jon Moxley vs. KENTA, NJPW The New Beginning USA, 26/02

Would have been even better with a crowd but still delivered without one

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Also going to nth a MOTYC vote for it. Awesome match.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Nth.

It's really hard to believe that this was Chie's 60th match overall.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

I am so loving happy to be getting to see Ren Narita wrestling again, and goddamn the finish to this match ruled.

Nth.

Rarity posted:

Nth

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rarity posted:

Yeah agreed

Jerusalem posted:

Also this too

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tanga Loa, NJPW Castle Attack, 27/02

Dragging a duff appointment to a decent match, :yoshihashi: does it again

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've decided to start doing this.

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/24

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Isaiah Kassidy
MOTYC:Nyla Rose vs. Dr. Britt Baker
MOTYC: Lance Archer vs. Fenix

fez_machine posted:

MOTYC
26th February
Chocopro #91
Best Bros Vs. Egg Tart

BRUTALE

Jerusalem posted:

Rarity posted:

Nth to all these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Castle Attack, 27/02

I mean, obviously

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
MOTYC: Jay White vs. Tomohiro Ishii, NJPW Castle Attack 2/27

By far the best match on this otherwise dire card, incredible finishing sequence

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

I mean, obviously

Nth

That finish sequence was crazy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rarity posted:

I mean, obviously

Nth. Very good performance on both sides.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Kazuchika Okada vs. EVIL, NJPW Castle Attack, 27/02

With the Dick Togo bullshit confined to just a short window EVIL reminds us that he's a very good pro wrestler

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Rarity posted:

With the Dick Togo bullshit confined to just a short window EVIL reminds us that he's a very good pro wrestler

Agreed...could have even hit a motyc with less antics. Good match but it was hurt by badly done interference

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Agreed...could have been hit a motyc with less antics

And less Money Clip

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

Benne posted:

By far the best match on this otherwise dire card, incredible finishing sequence

+1

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rarity posted:

And less Money Clip
:mods:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
HM: KENTA vs Mox from Strong - 26/02

This was too short to be a MOTYC, I felt like it ended just as it was shifting into a higher gear. KENTA losing was the right call. There were moments where he could have beaten Mox but stopped to pose and mug for the camera. Hopefully we can get a rematch later in the year on a bigger stage. I think both were holding back in this match.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Rarity posted:

HM: YOSHI-HASHI vs. Tanga Loa, NJPW Castle Attack, 27/02

Dragging a duff appointment to a decent match, :yoshihashi: does it again

nth. in my book YOSHI-HASHI is easily the most improved wrestler of the past year, and he did it in extremely difficult circumstances. he's a legit great wrestler now. not taking anything away from Tanga Loa, who is super underrated imo

Benne posted:

nth. so incredibly good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

2nd this. loving beefy, stiff hard chops. Terrific fun.

HM
27/2
NJPW New Beginning USA
Jon Moxley vs KENTA

Big fan of the referee going "You don't need to do this KENTA" before one spot. And Mox ducking under a slap & transitioning it perfectly into a snappy DDT was beautiful. Finish also felt kind of perfect. That said, it definitely hit the peaks I was hoping for. The match weirdly had more intensity in the first 2/3rds than the finishing 3rd which definitely hurts it in my eyes.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Feb 27, 2021