Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

smikey posted:

Why delete all the content? even if you were gonna sell it off? to be a dick?

Are you familiar with Billy Corgan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

Dacap posted:

Are you familiar with Billy Corgan?

Oh, yeah. Mega spiteful dick; good point.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

posting a gif of one of histories greatest monsters is a pretty billy corgan modern nwa move.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

As long as this means we get Thunder Rosa in AEW but without also ending up with Nick Aldis then I'm happy with it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CaptainApathyUK posted:

As long as this means we get Thunder Rosa in AEW but without also ending up with Nick Aldis then I'm happy with it.

This. All I care about.

I would love to see if they could snag Kamille too I think. Just to make Braun Strowman angry (they used to date before she got with BRAM, the future of wrestling).

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

CaptainApathyUK posted:

I think Nick burned the bridge when he started spreading poo poo about the Impact angle.

smikey
May 22, 2004

Pylons posted:

I think Nick burned the bridge when he started spreading poo poo about the Impact angle.

Who is Magnus anyone to talk poo poo about an angle involving Impact?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
You fools.

Everyone should know

THE EYEBALL MAN IS ALL ELITE

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
another steaming failure from william patrick corgan

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

smikey posted:

Who is Magnus anyone to talk poo poo about an angle involving Impact?
like, seriously

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

quote:

There appears to be some good news coming soon on the future of the NWA.

As noted earlier, they have removed all of the videos on their YouTube channel. They have also taken the merchandise off from their website and Pro Wrestling Tees.

There was speculation on social media that the company was about to shut down but that does not appear the case. Dave Meltzer noted on the Wrestling Observer Forum that something will be announced in the next few days.

Meltzer said, “I was told it will be something announced in the next few days which is a good thing. Would not have to do with AEW.”

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

looking forward to nwa on the wwe network on peacock

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

JUNGLE BOY posted:

looking forward to nwa on the wwe network on peacock

Don't you put that evil on me. Don't you put that on us!

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

Congratulations to Anthem Sports on acquiring NWA.

smikey
May 22, 2004

J-Ro posted:

Congratulations to Anthem Sports on acquiring NWA.

Sinclair would be more fitting

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

anthem buys them, but it's the bioware game anthem. Billy Corgan now has to somehow book a youtube show in the frostbite engine

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I hope Billy released Thunder Rosa before selling NWA and all their contracts to WWE then.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I hope Billy released Thunder Rosa before selling NWA and all their contracts to WWE then.

honestly if wwe buys nwa this is almost definitely a major reason why

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I would be all for Nick Aldis going to WWE so I never have to see him ever again.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
tim storm in the e sounds like the most depressing loving poo poo ever

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Oh poo poo - watch WWE open their own version of the Forbidden Portal.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The forbidden portal equivalent of one of those lovely black curtain deals set up for entrances in the corner of every bingo hall indie.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Tim Storm the young up and comer rookie! in the WWE would be loving amazing. I hope it happens.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I wonder how long her contract is for. I don’t want to imagine wwe with her contract.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

billy corgan will come out on nxt and declare that all the good ideas aew had were his and he deserves all the credit, he will beat whatever loser is nxt champion for the belt and declare victory over AEW

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Dave said the NWA thing has nothing to do with AEW, which is a shame, because the NWA Powerrr would be the perfect venue for a lot of these younger/new signees to get experience in the ring and with doing promos. Like, Dani Jordan had one appearance in the NWA, and yet she was still given more promo time there than in all Dark appearances.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

we dont know poo poo about poo poo so this is raw speculation but if rosa suddenly couldnt come back to aew because billy cut a deal for everyone he owned with those garbage contracts, then the aew womens division is actually haunted

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Davros1 posted:

Dave said the NWA thing has nothing to do with AEW, which is a shame, because the NWA Powerrr would be the perfect venue for a lot of these younger/new signees to get experience in the ring and with doing promos. Like, Dani Jordan had one appearance in the NWA, and yet she was still given more promo time there than in all Dark appearances.

NWA Powerrr was a lovely show run by a lovely person and AEW would be smart not to farm out its developmental when it has access to Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, QT Marshall, Christopher Daniels and it's own veterans in house.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder how long her contract is for. I don’t want to imagine wwe with her contract.

Billy supposedly said he had her signed through 2021.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

WatermelonGun posted:

tim storm in the e sounds like the most depressing loving poo poo ever

The perfect storm is perfect for the WWEs demographic

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

karmicknight posted:

NWA Powerrr was a lovely show run by a lovely person and AEW would be smart not to farm out its developmental when it has access to Dean Malenko, Arn Anderson, Dustin Rhodes, QT Marshall, Christopher Daniels and it's own veterans in house.

If AEW wanted a show filmed in a studio for up and coming talent they could just do something called AEW Dark Elevation.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

If AEW wanted a show filmed in a studio for up and coming talent they could just do something called AEW Dark Elevation.

But who could they get to host it?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/TigerDriver9X/status/1365808857742721034

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

boxcarhobo posted:

we dont know poo poo about poo poo so this is raw speculation but if rosa suddenly couldnt come back to aew because billy cut a deal for everyone he owned with those garbage contracts, then the aew womens division is actually haunted

you mean besides abadon?

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/judekilgour/status/1365785771697967105?s=21

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This is the best, ahaha

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/EmiSakura_gtmv/status/1365536702752677890

Mei Suruga is a joyful woman

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
I would assume AEW would have some sort of contract with NWA to be able to use Rosa that would have to get carried over to whomever buys NWA but what do I really know about such carnie things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

karmicknight posted:

Hate whoever you want in the promotion but Powerrr was week in and week out a really entertaining show. I've missed it great deal since covid killed it.