Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Additional 10 to unicef works for me! Thanks!

New version should be up now

:leavemtg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Additional 10 to unicef works for me! Thanks!

New version should be up now

:leavemtg:

Thank you for your service.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

What's :whitewater: (and presumably the similar-looking ones) from? Up until just now I thought it was one of the shapes from that Snood game that was everywhere circa 20 years ago. Turns out they're other shapes with faces, so I'm at a complete loss.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

What's :whitewater: (and presumably the similar-looking ones) from? Up until just now I thought it was one of the shapes from that Snood game that was everywhere circa 20 years ago. Turns out they're other shapes with faces, so I'm at a complete loss.

There was a thread more than a decade ago called 'Tales of Smith' and it was really depressing and the :smith: emoji came from there and then other goons just started running with it.

SAcylopedia link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1427

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Maxwells Demon posted:

There was a thread more than a decade ago called 'Tales of Smith' and it was really depressing and the :smith: emoji came from there and then other goons just started running with it.

SAcylopedia link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1427

Huh, would not have guessed that. I'll take a look :tipshat:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why do we have :birddrugs: and :goshawk:?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Ariong posted:

Why do we have :birddrugs: and :goshawk:?

I'm guessing this was one of those crowdsourced smilies that got bought by two people under different names. It happens sometimes with thread memes where everyone's like "someone should buy this!" but nobody's coordinating.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Any idea what goshawk means?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

It's... a type of hawk? Otherwise, I got nothin'.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

incorrect, its a frowning version of :mrgw:

Worthleast
Nov 25, 2012

Possibly the only speedboat jumps I've planned

That’s from the Mr Water saga, roughly the same time as the Smith saga.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
from page 69:

Kinu Nishimura posted:

Bird Drugs is a reference to god-tier Visual Novel, Hatoful Boyfriend, in which you are a human who goes to an all-bird highschool and hang out with a bunch of cool bird pals. The bird in the emoticon proper is Anghel Higure, a Luzon bleeding-heart who is constantly high and believes that he is the star of an anime so hard that other people start believing it too. He is not the craziest thing about Hatoful Boyfriend [...] you should play it.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

That is the source of the bird drugs image but CLAM DOWN from the Guild Wars 2 thread actually bought it because I, a bird, am often high on drugs while playing GW2 with Goon Squad.

:birddrugs:

as for goshawk, you might want to ask SAS poster Redgrendel2001, who seems to be the only person who uses it

Zetsubou-san has a new favorite as of 03:47 on Feb 28, 2021

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ariong posted:

Any idea what goshawk means?

Goshawk is my character's name :toot:

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

incorrect, its a frowning version of :mrgw:

I stand corrected.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Goshawk is my character's name :toot:

Oh, neat. In DnD, or what?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

In Guild Wars 2, many years ago, when the smiley was purchased

e because context might help: I was the GW2 Goon Squad leader for several years. Guild missions, activities, dungeons etc all involved a lot of weed and a very high and at times very exasperated (but always loving) Bird. We thus ended up with the broad spectrum "birddrugs" as well as the rather more Goon Squad specific "goshawk" when the little birddrugs gif came to the GW2 thread's attention.

:420::goshawk::420:

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Mar 1, 2021

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lmao: where did :unlimited: come from?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Android Apocalypse posted:

Olive garden by the looks of things, op.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Probably when that chump on Fox News was whining about the internet rumor that he had been banned from Olive Garden a few weeks ago.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Midjack posted:

Probably when that chump on Fox News was whining about the internet rumor that he had been banned from Olive Garden a few weeks ago.

If it's the Tucker Carlson thing, it was even stupider, in that someone pretending to be Olive Garden tweeted that they'd revoked his "Unlimited Olive Garden card" and the media ran with it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neito posted:

If it's the Tucker Carlson thing, it was even stupider, in that someone pretending to be Olive Garden tweeted that they'd revoked his "Unlimited Olive Garden card" and the media ran with it.
Hey now, it wasn't a nonexistent "Unlimited Olive Garden card", it was the very real "Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Pass"!

...tucker carlson has never had one of the few hundreds of those that were ever sold :ssh:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Hey now, it wasn't a nonexistent "Unlimited Olive Garden card", it was the very real "Olive Garden Never Ending Pasta Pass"!

...tucker carlson has never had one of the few hundreds of those that were ever sold :ssh:

I think I might've been conflating it with Warren Buffet's also very real Unlimited McDonald's Card. https://www.rd.com/article/mcdonalds-gold-card/

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Neito posted:

I think I might've been conflating it with Warren Buffet's also very real Unlimited McDonald's Card. https://www.rd.com/article/mcdonalds-gold-card/

Welp, time to plan the heist of the century.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
"We sell very, very cheap food and have the option to give someone unlimited access to that cheap food for free. Who should we give this to?"
"Probably the person who is most able to afford to eat it any time they want and would never have to worry about the money."

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Thats why trump was so bitchy. He never got one.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i find it extremely unsettling that there are no zybourne clock smilies anymore

:4balls:
:zclock:
:5aces:

are we in the wrong timeline?

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Part of me would love "Johnny" in cursive, but I can't help but think that I'm the only one that finds that innately funny for reasons I can't entirely explain and I have no idea when I'd actually use such a smilie.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh poo poo, there was a b/w jason statham blowing out a smoke 𝓳𝓸𝓱𝓷𝓷𝔂 gif

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

John Murdoch posted:

Part of me would love "Johnny" in cursive, but I can't help but think that I'm the only one that finds that innately funny for reasons I can't entirely explain and I have no idea when I'd actually use such a smilie.

I'd crack up at it every time but yeah I cannot imagine a context where it'd be used with any regularity, but then again that's never stopped goons from wasting 30 bucks on poo poo before.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sam, please. he had a family :owned:

but its the smoke signature instead

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

:getin:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3961221

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin
Coming soon to the in jokes thread: "What do you mean the Zybourne Clock smilies weren't added until 2021?"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

KnifeWrench posted:

Coming soon to the in jokes thread: "What do you mean the Zybourne Clock smilies weren't added until 2021?"

perhaps those posts will be from 2005 :j5a:

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 01:47 on Mar 6, 2021

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Could someone tell me what this gangtag means?

I've always loved the look of it but never picked up where it came from

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
The book/hoe/Kalashnikov are from Mozambique’s flag/coat of arms if that helps, but I don’t know where it came up on the fora.

Xom
Sep 2, 2008

文化英雄
Fan of Britches
I recreated :thurman: with transparency and at original resolution, but I don't know where to post it:

EDIT: I found another, more pinkish palette that seems truer to the original meme:

Xom has a new favorite as of 18:33 on Oct 5, 2021

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Xom posted:

I recreated :thurman: with transparency and at original resolution, but I don't know where to post it:

If you made that for dark mode compatibility, please poke the admins in this thread so they can update it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3965797

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Kitfox88 posted:

I'd crack up at it every time but yeah I cannot imagine a context where it'd be used with any regularity, but then again that's never stopped goons from wasting 30 bucks on poo poo before.
I’d imagine you’d use it like a cooler version of smugdog.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

what the hell is this :anttony:

Negative Entropy posted:

:anttony:
What is this all about?
frankee over in the PYF Sagas thread found the answer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

:screamy: comes from the deer richard thread that turned into a days-long funeral for a fish named Screamy.