Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Michael B. Jordan could be a good Superman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

John Wick of Dogs posted:

John Boyega
Ray Fischer
Justice Smith
Russell Curry

These are some picks of mine for Superman who are black. I realize most of these are on the young side. I think they should have a young Superman.

William Jackson Harper.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

How was Fisher in True Detective? The only thing I've seen that he's in is Justice League, so you can't really count that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

He's fine. I enjoyed that season a lot but I don't remember him getting a ton to do, so he got kinda overshadowed by Ali, Dorff, and Ejogo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Well Manicured Man posted:

William Jackson Harper.

Hell yes

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

William Jackson Harper.

Nice

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

William Jackson Harper.

The only disagreement I have for this is that I also want him to play Reed Richards.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

William Jackson Harper.

He has a real Christopher Reeve feeling going on here. That could really work.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

William Jackson Harper.

well now that you've suggested this i'm going to be disappointed when it's not him

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Homora Gaykemi posted:

well now that you've suggested this i'm going to be disappointed when it's not him

Exactly like how we felt when he was suggested for Reed.

CaptainApathyUK
Sep 6, 2010

All this talk of William Jackson Harper as Reed made me think of Midsommar, and now I'm scouring my brain for MCU roles I'd want to see Will Poulter in because dammit I love him and want to see him crammed in somewhere.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Harper was such a defining part of The Good Place that I've got a lot of trouble seeing him as anything but his character in it. That's more of a me problem though.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Harper would be a way better Superman than Reed Richards. He’s too likeable for even the most optimistic version of Richards, who needs just a little bit of oblivious prick to him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Vince MechMahon posted:

Harper was such a defining part of The Good Place that I've got a lot of trouble seeing him as anything but his character in it. That's more of a me problem though.

He recently did one of those audiobook/podcast things for Marvel and some app about Black Panther, and he does a solid job delivering T'Challa's dialogue. If recasting Boseman wasn't off the table, he wouldn't be a terrible shout, especially given The Good Place shows he already has the body Marvel Studios wants for those roles.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah same here. I guess that'd make me believe the Clark/Superman switch more because I can see him being kind of a goof like Clark but can never imagine him getting serious as Superman

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
https://twitter.com/morganjeffery/status/1365370535748763660?s=19

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

:swoon:

Yes please.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I can see him working much better as Superman than Reed Richards. I never understood why people were fancasting him for Reed because Reed is a self absorbed rear end in a top hat and I'm not sure how that connection was made.

Mal-3
Oct 21, 2008
Harper looks like he was drawn by Curt Swan. Yes. Absolutely. Sign this guy and never look back WB, you coked-up cowards.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they need to explicitly have him with the beard every time he's superman and lose it every time he's clark and never explain it just because

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

X-O posted:

I can see him working much better as Superman than Reed Richards. I never understood why people were fancasting him for Reed because Reed is a self absorbed rear end in a top hat and I'm not sure how that connection was made.

I don’t really understand it either.

I think Bill Hader would be a great Reed since he can do the self absorbed part and the decent person part really well. Barry has me convinced he would be the perfect Reed.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

site posted:

they need to explicitly have him with the beard every time he's superman and lose it every time he's clark and never explain it just because

I, for one, would like to see him flex his jaw to superstrength a beard out of his face

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

I, for one, would like to see him flex his jaw to superstrength a beard out of his face

This seems very Golden Age

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Whoever is cast as Superman, they better have their underpants on the outside and while you’re at it go ahead and put the Fleischer shield on his chest. Like the new CW Supes suit except, you know, good.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ngl the blue, black, and red looks really weird

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Soonmot posted:

Gavok is Nighhtwolf good? Dose he ever rise above standard indigenous spirit man?

He's still the indigenous spirit man and now has a glowing ghost wolf and glowing ghost bear at his side, but MK11 made him a lot cooler. Here are his intros and winposes.

I know that when Rare rebooted Killer Instinct a few years ago, they actually went and got the help of Native Americans when redesigning Chief Thunder so he was more authentic and less of a stereotype written by white dudes. Not sure if NetherRealm did the same thing for Nightwolf.

William Jackson Harper.

Time Knife of Infinite Earths

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gavok posted:

He's still the indigenous spirit man and now has a glowing ghost wolf and glowing ghost bear at his side, but MK11 made him a lot cooler. Here are his intros and winposes.

I know that when Rare rebooted Killer Instinct a few years ago, they actually went and got the help of Native Americans when redesigning Chief Thunder so he was more authentic and less of a stereotype written by white dudes. Not sure if NetherRealm did the same thing for Nightwolf.

I believe they did for his MK11 appearance.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The ghost bear and ghost wolf aren't all, he also has a falcon.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Also, it's fun to do his first fatality to Frost because it makes literally no sense.

Also, given the number of nuts things the previous Nightwolf apparently got up to, they should make a game about her instead.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1365806673714176002?s=20

FOUR HOURS

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And like only 20-30 minutes of that footage was in the theatrical version, the rest was hasty reshoots on almost a tv budget

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

And like only 20-30 minutes of that footage was in the theatrical version, the rest was hasty reshoots on almost a tv budget

You've got it backwards. Whedons stuff was the reshoots. Most of this was shot before Snyder left the movie and cut. From what I understand the only real new footage is the Joker poo poo. I guess if you count finishing incomplete CGI as reshoots then sure. Also they said 4 hours months ago so why are we acting like this is news?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

No that's exactly what I meant. I was saying the vast majority of the theatrical cut was reshoots on tv budget

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No that's exactly what I meant. I was saying the vast majority of the theatrical cut was reshoots on tv budget

Oh got it, the phrasing threw me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Well, at least it's shorter than Return of the King Extended Edition.

I love that movie but no film should be that long, the human body rejects it.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Rumors going around that Amber Heard has been fired from Aquaman 2.

Which is really surprising to me. I don't know if you guys have been following all this more closely than I have, but I didn't know there was even going to be an Aquaman 2.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Jamesman posted:

Which is really surprising to me. I don't know if you guys have been following all this more closely than I have, but I didn't know there was even going to be an Aquaman 2.

Someone can correct me, but I *think* Aquaman was the highest grossing of the DCEU films.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Aquaman was Warner Bros highest grossing superhero film ever I'm pretty sure.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Jamesman posted:

I'm hearing she's gone but it's for not being in good enough shape, not being an abusive monster. Take it where you can get it, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Jamesman posted:

The rumors was a note published by Forbes, and deleted later, but not after a bunch of click bait sites got their hands on it. It seems a new actress has been cast for another role and whoever wrote the note spin it as Amber had bee fired. That's the information I could get from it when it was trending the other day, who knows if it's correct. And there's gonna be a Aquaman 2, it was announced I can't remember when.