Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
havent seen a person get this mad about fried rice since i unsubscribed from uncle roger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dandywalken posted:

Theres not Anying you can do to save him, weird guy. Begone from this thread!!! Your cancerous aura brings only disharmony and gout

don't worry i got your back bro

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

Kill All Cops posted:

havent seen a person get this mad about fried rice since i unsubscribed from uncle roger

Getting killed by UN bombers because someone used a colander and my "AIYAH" gave away our position

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
lol that the fat idiot whose dad was chinese hitler got blown up because he wanted to EAT

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
If the Napalm didn't get him the cholesterol certainly would have.

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

三支香 lol

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

I like my Maos like my eggs: fried.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A beautiful world with beautiful places to visit

Barudak fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jun 28, 2021

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Anying was as the Hundred Flowers - thoroughly scattered through his father's doing.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

You know, I finally understand why Deng's favorite dish was twice cooked pork

someone post a pic of mao xinyu im too lazy and fat to do it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Fojar38 posted:

Realtalk "dont cook with fire because it makes your position obvious" isnt the sort of thing an average conscript would consider, especially conscripts largely made up of peasants with little training.

It is extremely believable that someone with poor training and little battlefield experience would make thus mistake and it probably happens a lot. The fact that Maos son got killed doing it is just funny because of how ignominious it is

He served in WW2 in the Soviet army then in the Chinese civil war but I don't know anything about his service so couldn't say how experienced he really was.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Weka posted:

He served in WW2 in the Soviet army then in the Chinese civil war but I don't know anything about his service so couldn't say how experienced he really was.

Given the circumstances of him entering the Red Army (personal request to Stalin) and lack of detail about what he actually did there... probably not very experienced w/r/t his Red Army service at least. The Soviet Union was where Mao sent his kids to keep them out of the fighting and that doesn't seem to be a thing the Soviets forgot about.

Plus, by the time he got anywhere near fighting in late 1943 the Luftwaffe was too busy being flaming wrecks to bomb cooking fires back where the VIP artillery officers were hanging out.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

mao anying was killed by zhou enlai for being a threat to being the handsomest communist around

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Don’t believe the lies from big egg, it’s perfectly safe to cook any brand of eggs anywhere, especially in a war zone.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
Get an electric egg steamer, its the air fryer of 2021.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fumble posted:

An instapot?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fumble posted:

Had mine since 2012

Nobody gonna napalm my eggy din din :smug:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
China’s court rejected case of seeking to correct Chinese textbook describing homosexuality as ‘mental disorder’

The Global Times posted:

China's first lawsuit concerning a college textbook that described homosexuality as a mental disorder has came to an end after the Suyu District Court of Suqian City in East China rejected the plaintiff's appeal and upheld its original judgment that the description in the textbook "does not constitute an intellectual error."

The lawsuit was filed in 2017 by Xixi (pseudonym), a 24-year-old young woman who at the time was studying at a university in South China's Guangdong Province. She told the Global Times on Thursday that the case started one year ago before a textbook for a class she was taking at the university and that the teacher of the class was one of the book's editors. 

Chinese News site The Paper reported on Thursday that the textbook Mental Health Education for College Students describes homosexuality as a kind of "psychosexual disorder" with the explanation that it is "a sexual disorder or an inversion of a sexual object."

Xixi said she felt the content was wrong since it was published in 2013 and the official classification and diagnostic criteria of mental disorders in China published in April 2001 had removed homosexuality from the list of mental disorders.

Xixi said that she tried to talk with the editors and Jianan University Press, the publisher of the textbook, but she did not get a satisfactory response. "So I decided to sue the publisher as they could not evade the problem and would have to talk to me in court," Xixi said.

In 2017, Xixi filed a lawsuit against the publisher asking it to issue a public apology, and retrieve, correct, and reprint the textbooks involved in the case. 

However, it was only until June 28, 2020 that the case was heard by the court, which rejected the lawsuit on the grounds that the evidence provided by Xixi was not relevant to the case. According to the court's judgment, the plaintiff's claim and the relevant expressions in the books involved in the case were a matter of cognitive differences between the two parties and not an "intellectual error" in editing or a textual error. 

Xixi filed an appeal soon after. On Monday, Xixi and her lawyer Ge Ang received a second judgment from the courts saying that it rejected the appeal and was upholding the original judgment. 

They just got written judgment from the court at the second instance. Ge considered that the court did not give enough evidences and reasons of the judgment.

"I think one possible reason that the court did not judge in curia is they saw the social impact of the case at the first instance."

Guo Xiaofei, a teacher at the China University of Political Science and Law who specializes in the study of gay rights, told the Global Times that the court should have said that the content in the textbook does not constitute a "textual error" instead of using the confusing expression "intellectual error," because the content expressed in textbook is a factual error.

"The description in the text originated from a construction of psychiatry and psychology in the West. However, Western countries today have already corrected some of these mistakes, while the editors of the textbooks did not update these changes," Guo criticized. 

However, Guo noted that "the court may not have the right to judge whether the academic viewpoint itself is right or wrong. And in my opinion, professional errors in teaching materials should be corrected by professional associations or professional criticism among scholars." 

Although she lost the lawsuit, Xixi said that it allowed her to see how Chinese society's perception of the LGBT community has developed. She said she believes the public has a better understanding of the community and "we didn't need to explain to most netizens why LGBT is not a mental issue, which demonstrates that they know this."

Remember when Taiwan legalized Same Sex Marriage?

This remends me of my gay coworkers back when I used to work in the ESL mines where they would use Blued (Chinese Grindr). Apparently, there are a LOT of married dudes looking for dick on the low.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Forceholy posted:

China’s court rejected case of seeking to correct Chinese textbook describing homosexuality as ‘mental disorder’

Remember when Taiwan legalized Same Sex Marriage?

This remends me of my gay coworkers back when I used to work in the ESL mines where they would use Blued (Chinese Grindr). Apparently, there are a LOT of married dudes looking for dick on the low.

Love the damage control

quote:

Guo Xiaofei, a teacher at the China University of Political Science and Law who specializes in the study of gay rights, told the Global Times that the court should have said that the content in the textbook does not constitute a "textual error" instead of using the confusing expression "intellectual error," because the content expressed in textbook is a factual error.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Taught myself how to pangzai a beer. I’m now totally ready to head back. This is gonna be a great party trick to pull at the first baijiu dinner.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

hakimashou posted:

lol that the fat idiot whose dad was chinese hitler got blown up because he wanted to EAT

Mao Zedoob: "Let the KIDS!!! EAT what they want!"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

McGavin posted:

A tankie, stanning for Mao Anying.

Having someone say "I had never even heard of this story before yesterday" and then proceeding to melt down to preserve the honour of Glorious Mao's failson is one of the greatest things this thread has ever produced.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

McGavin posted:

Thread, we did it. We found the Mao Anying stan.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Even in the long line of freaks this thread has attracted over the years, the one guy who is willing to go to bat for Mao Zedong's failson is a special treat.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh, Communists and their Kings.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its not an incredible argument against historical materialism that the nations who tried to skip steps utterly failed to skip steps and just remained at a feudal mode of production until deng xiaoping instituted capitalism

look at that determinism, bein all deterministic

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

barbecue at the folks posted:

Even in the long line of freaks this thread has attracted over the years, the one guy who is willing to go to bat for Mao Zedong's failson is a special treat.

For me, the weird part was that he blamed the egg fried rice story on the CCP. And that we were fools for believing CCP propaganda disseminated by Deng Xiao Ping, (I think they blamed Deng), designed to impugn the former leaders son.

Because that's what the CCP does, make up stories to make itself, and the relatives of people it has deified look, not only bad, but stupid and silly and weak in the eyes of the West.

Maybe in years to come the CCP will tell the story saying that Xi Jinping's daughter died choking on a ham sandwich like Mama Cass. That'll show us in the decadent West.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mama Cass died of a heart attack, not from choking on a ham sandwich. Four years after she died Keith Moon, the drummer for The Who, died in the same room. They were both the same age. :ghost:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

McGavin posted:

Mama Cass died of a heart attack, not from choking on a ham sandwich. Four years after she died Keith Moon, the drummer for The Who, died in the same room. They were both the same age. :ghost:

Yeah sure, if you want to believe the CCP's lies. That's exactly what someone like you would think.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

McGavin posted:

Mama Cass died of a heart attack, not from choking on a ham sandwich.

Marilyn Manson had a rib removed to suck his own dick

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ninjoatse.cx posted:

That's just more Deng Xiaoping propaganda. Only absolute idiots would believe that instead of the simpler explanation that he's just really flexible.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

McGavin posted:

Keith Moon choked on a four year old ham sandwich?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Wait until you hear what Richard Gere did with a gerbil!

The answer might surprise you - unless you're too smart to be fooled by blatant propaganda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wait until you hear what Richard Gere did with a gerbil!

The answer might surprise you - unless you're too smart to be fooled by blatant propaganda.

Yeah, the gerbil consented.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yeah sure, if you want to believe the CCP's lies. That's exactly what someone like you would think.

Creedance Clearwater Pevival

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

barbecue at the folks posted:

Can someone explain to me why Anying was a fail son? He doesn't seem like a spectacular person when I read his entry in Wikipedia. But apart from getting unremarkable but nice military posts nothing suggests he was a lazy gently caress up. Except his death of course.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Budzilla posted:

Can someone explain to me why Anying was a fail son? He doesn't seem like a spectacular person when I read his entry in Wikipedia. But apart from getting unremarkable but nice military posts nothing suggests he was a lazy gently caress up. Except his death of course.

feels more like a simple disdain toward filial nepotism, which would be justified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Popoto posted:

feels more like a simple disdain toward filial nepotism, which would be justified

This, and somehow I get the feeling that the manner in which he died tells a lot about the manner in which he lived.