Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Haifisch posted:

Any given A&J strip could be preceded and/or followed by the 'and then they all hosed' bird and it'd be accurate.

Yeah, however unlike so many other comics that involve sex it is actually quite sweet and charming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Johnny Walker posted:

Does anyone even say 'reno' (which I assume is pronounced 'wren-oh' instead of 'ree-no') for talking about renovations? 'Redo' is the only term I can think of I've heard.
Reno (the first pronunciation) has almost entirely replaced the word renovation in the NZ dialect.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is ROse

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Foxtrot

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Daduzi
Nov 22, 2005

You can't hide from the Grim Reaper. Especially when he's got a gun.

Man, this is some peak Boyce. Joke that makes no sense, manifestly incorrect use of technology, blatant typo in the caption. May be never change.

Every so often Bizarro just nails it.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

A virgate is an ancient measure of land area, equivalent to the land two oxen could plough in one season. It's roughly equal to thirty acres, or twelve hectares. It's quite a bit of land for a family to have in the middle ages.

Classic Kevin & Kell (November 15-19, 1999)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bobbins

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Zorro's day-by-day pacing may be iffy but the rhythm of an individual strip like this sure as hell works. Whimsical murder energy on that lady's right up there with Eric the Saxon's goth gf.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Cruel Little Stories

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

Vargo posted:

Wallace

JFC. I love Wallace but Spud's face in that last panel. :stonk:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/27/01

Brenda Starr 12/24-26/45

Smokey Stover 9/3/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

Another two-parter, and I skipped ahead to find the second part for this one, since it doesn't really work by itself. The reference to Lance Bass going into space and James Traficant puts it around 2002, which seems about right for the subject matter.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

The_Other posted:

JFC. I love Wallace but Spud's face in that last panel. :stonk:

SPUD STERLING!!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

The way that Native American child is drawn seems like it's a racist caricature. I guess Detorie felt enough time has passed for him not to get caught and decided to sneak in another one of his hateful poo poo.

I know that the joke is how Michael acts in home and at school are so different. But between this and how Liz never talks to her mom about her problems, it just ends up being an unwitting commentary on how the kids do better without the mom constantly shouting at them about how much trouble they are.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
*nitpicking-the-wrong-thing hat on*

I'm making the assumption that she has the same hair texture I do in which case her hair will slide right out of that plastic loop as soon as she gets into any kind of rhythm

That could be part of the joke (ed, a man, doesn't understand the intricacies of women's hair products! lolololololol! here's how a man would solve th eproblem. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!) but I'm mostly just going to take this excuse to be annoyed at the comic, Dustin, for the thousandth time

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Okay, so he's an Ambassador. What about the embassy staff? Are they going to be mer-made, too? Assuming this isn't a self-appointed ambassadorship, that is.

I guess the intention with the quick-change body-mods is that the genetics lab is merely cover for the DNA magic capabilities, rather than keeping it entirely secret, and any difficulty other genetics labs or regulatory bodies may have replicating the potions either was dealt with years ago, or is simply ignored.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Julet Esqu posted:

Yeah, speaking of how comics sometimes portray bad behavior like it plays out in real life (a toxic friend in this case, rather than child abuse). Future therapist Bernice might be interested to know that she is a missing stair. (I do not for an instant think that the Evanses were going for this on purpose, but she is anyway.)

Thankfully, they're all going to get murdered in a minute and Bernice's reign of terror will end.
If it turns out this is Tara's cousin or sister or whoever she's hiding from, therefore making Bernice right, I am going to lose my poo poo.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
It looks like Jonah Daytona, just based off the Evanses hatred of introducing new characters

Like there's just no way this won't be a fakeout

Who else works at hte fuze and has long hair? the figure looks masculine to me but who knows

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm making the assumption that she has the same hair texture I do in which case her hair will slide right out of that plastic loop as soon as she gets into any kind of rhythm

That could be part of the joke (ed, a man, doesn't understand the intricacies of women's hair products! lolololololol! here's how a man would solve th eproblem. LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!) but I'm mostly just going to take this excuse to be annoyed at the comic, Dustin, for the thousandth time

Yeah, I had the same thought too. We know Ed's wife tends to take care of her appearance so her hair texture would probably be pretty silky. No way will that plastic loop manage to stay on.

maltesh posted:

Okay, so he's an Ambassador. What about the embassy staff? Are they going to be mer-made, too? Assuming this isn't a self-appointed ambassadorship, that is.

I guess the intention with the quick-change body-mods is that the genetics lab is merely cover for the DNA magic capabilities, rather than keeping it entirely secret, and any difficulty other genetics labs or regulatory bodies may have replicating the potions either was dealt with years ago, or is simply ignored.

Imagine being excited that you got appointed as embassy staff for human/merfolk relations and then being told that you're required to drink something that will permanently alter your DNA.

The genetics lab is supposed to be scientific, despite how Holbrook treats DNA as if it were magic. Pretty much the only reason other labs haven't replicated it is because DNA Wizard hasn't released her findings before she went on that trip to Mars, thinking that people can't be trusted with using her research 'for good'.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (November 18, 1989)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Just another great Sunday ripping my heart in half on behalf of poor Mikko. :unsmith:

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

sweeperbravo posted:

i actually think it’s a cute gag (if you ignore the MEN thing), but i would have preferred it in arlo and janis instead

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set maybe be misremembering.

Working Daze makes a totally original joke.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is technically correct. The best kind of correct.

Cul De Sac knows it's the thought that counts.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mämmilä: A Cruel Extended Story

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze makes a totally original joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsF7enQY8uI

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

Those are some, uh, interesting choices for skin tone, Lockhorns colorist.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I hope the mice are knowingly participating in Garfield's kink.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Comic Strips 2021: I hope the mice are knowingly participating in Garfield's kink.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

nishi koichi posted:

Comic Strips 2021: I hope the mice are knowingly participating in Garfield's kink.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tendales posted:

Those are some, uh, interesting choices for skin tone, Lockhorns colorist.

I remember seeing those grayish skintones every now and then (not sure which comics). I wonder if it's "looks good on print" or "the colorist's monitor settings are hosed up".

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

30-50 of them are approaching your home! Arm yourself to defend your children!

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Flash Gordon

Flash Forward

Not real impressed by this one.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Feral hogs are a genuine problem loving up Texas, and other states. Like it's a funny meme, but also terrifying because it's a real problem.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

amigolupus posted:

Yeah, I had the same thought too. We know Ed's wife tends to take care of her appearance so her hair texture would probably be pretty silky. No way will that plastic loop manage to stay on.
Depends on how tight he pulled it. :gonk:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Hey, there's a lot worse poo poo an adolescent boy can get up to alone in his room with a computer and I'm not even talking about jerking it. Count your blessings.

Something I've been thinking this whole storyline is that I think RMMD could really benefit by pulling a Mark Trail on Sundays and just teaching us poo poo about medicine. We had this whole letdown of a storyline about diabetes, but Sundays could have been dedicated to Rex explaining to us topics like what diabetes is, the difference between type 1 and type 2, how it's managed, what a diabetic diet might look like, signs that you or the diabetic in your life might need to seek medical attention, promising new treatments.... all kinds of stuff. Sundays could be educational and useful and the week days could be all the boring drama we've come to know and expect. I wouldn't want it delivered in the form of a painfully bad teen comedy routine, but the kid standing around talking all strip brought it back to mind.

Hey, Junk Drawer is so good, you guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Club life in Moominvalley