Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Law Cheetah posted:

the thing of slowly waking up to a looping dvd menu with an awful hangover is the true core of the experience

That was the part that hit me the hardest. There was always some overly-loud thing repeating on the TV, like DVD menu music or the main menu of a video game. Of course, if you tried to turn it off or at least lower or mute the volume, the hot couch guy would get pissed at you for touching his TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

inferis posted:

Do cities other than portland have the concept of a porch couch? People here leave furniture on the curb and the shittier couches usually end up on the porch of some shared house for people to sit and smoke or drink.

It was a thing at Indiana University for sure. I just thought it was a college kid thing in general.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Pennsylvanian posted:

That was the part that hit me the hardest. There was always some overly-loud thing repeating on the TV, like DVD menu music or the main menu of a video game. Of course, if you tried to turn it off or at least lower or mute the volume, the hot couch guy would get pissed at you for touching his TV.

Warm rum or whiskey in a plastic jug and the Fight Club DVD menu, a sticky leather couch, crippling headache, zero memories of the past 6 hours.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Halloween Jack posted:

How can people read poo poo like that and still think Lenin did anything wrong?

There are people who think LENIN did even one thing wrong outside of dying?

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

There are people who think LENIN did even one thing wrong outside of dying?

Talk about really Lenin into it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

inferis posted:

Do cities other than portland have the concept of a porch couch? People here leave furniture on the curb and the shittier couches usually end up on the porch of some shared house for people to sit and smoke or drink.

Very popular in West Philly, which is like the only neighborhood in the city where people have enough space for porches

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

space uncle posted:

Warm rum or whiskey in a plastic jug and the Fight Club DVD menu, a sticky leather couch, crippling headache, zero memories of the past 6 hours.

My hot couch friend's looping DVD menu was always a season of Oz, and he and his roommate also constantly smoked cigarettes indoors.

Bust Rodd posted:

Very popular in West Philly, which is like the only neighborhood in the city where people have enough space for porches

Some Baltimore neighborhoods have porch couches too. One of my neighbors has one.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
My college duplex in Morgantown, WV had 3 porch couches.

One for the back porch, and then one for our apartment and one for our downstairs neighbors apartment.

We replaced them every 3 or 4 months as a result of drunken idiots hacking the seats with knives, cigarette burns, couchfires, and two car wrecks.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1365886230802489353?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

oh there are gonna be some spicy replies to this one

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

inferis posted:

Of all the things I miss the most about living in NE Portland day drinking on an extremely sun stained porch couch while music drifts out the open window of the bedroom through my lovely PC speakers has to be #1 or 2

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/mmeJen/status/1365753127622893568

nooooooooo dude haaaahahahahahahahaha what?!?!?!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

inferis posted:

yeah like the poster above said it’s definitely somewhat a college thing for sure

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

It was a thing at Indiana University for sure. I just thought it was a college kid thing in general.

I remember Bloomington from the mid 20-teens and it was a great town.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Apoplexy posted:

This reads like a white lady who has completely normal interactions with minorities on a daily basis.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Apoplexy posted:

what is any of this bullshit about and why should I care

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

lonelylikezoidberg posted:

I remember Bloomington from the mid 20-teens and it was a great town.

It’s real nice in the summer when the weather is good and all the kids empty out. Especially nice when you’re in college and have no responsibilities!

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Dr.Radical posted:

It’s real nice in the summer when the weather is good and all the kids empty out. Especially nice when you’re in college and have no responsibilities!

Ours was a kiddie pool and an old wheelchair we pulled out of the garbage, but yeah that's the vibe to a T.

Wine bottle full of cigarette butts usually plays into it at some point too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Seams posted:

Great podcast title

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

hip check please posted:

I can still hear the CKY menu loop when I close my eyes.

Same but the cumtown episode with Bam

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

Seams posted:

That's the wrong approach to twitter poo poo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Seams posted:

The same could be said of all religions:twisted:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

busalover posted:

That's the wrong approach to twitter poo poo

as far as i can tell, this is one step beyond even twitter bullshit into clubhouse bullshit

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Seams posted:

it's a woman (same gender as Amber, the bad chapo), so it's funny when bad thigns happen to them

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Anyone got a link to Benny Johnson's wedding announcement video? They brought it up in the Libby ep but when I googled it I could only see links to where Benny pulled it down out of embarrassment.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1366155372470300674?s=19

Where's my $2k check, Joe

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

https://i.imgur.com/7UdtcOa.mp4

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/blowbackpod/status/1366243643397398530?s=20

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Dr.Radical posted:

That part of Indiana is a bizarrely delightful little wonderland.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

10/10 cover art.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Seams posted:

We should legitimately change the title of this thread to this given most of what is posted here.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Seams posted:

Someone didn't actually read any of it. There's a list of 4 bullet points as to 'who this might interest' and AT LEAST 3 of the 4 are loving innately hilarious.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Seams posted:

I mean, why don't we just look at #1, the funniest of them. This is under WHO MIGHT LIKE THIS THREAD.

"People who can't believe I didn't know the word 'wigger'"

The point she's alluding to, not stating outright directly, but which is being reflected upon, is that she made a post about how she did not know what the word 'wigger' was, meant, that she had never seen or been exposed to it in any way through the course of her life. That seems funny. Is tha tnot funny, Seams? Seams, it seems funny. It's like 10 words, too, I'm sure you can read them. It's not like it's a big brick of 500 that you would have to mentally sort through in order to find the gold in. It's 10. Nearly small enough for a little slip of paper from a fortune cookie. Could probably telegram it to you on the cheap, even. Now that you've actually read it, is it not understood that something was maybe a bit funny and warranted posting in this thread that is ostensibly about : Politics. Comedy, broadly given Chapo's at least partially about discussing things in a comedic manner. Politically-inclined peoples. Journalists. Influencers and culture. The world at large. Online people. Online things. Online places. Does all this make sense now, as to why someone might post it?

Rhesus Pieces
Jun 27, 2005

no

THS
Sep 15, 2017

im gay

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Apoplexy posted:

I mean, why don't we just look at #1, the funniest of them. This is under WHO MIGHT LIKE THIS THREAD.

"People who can't believe I didn't know the word 'wigger'"

The point she's alluding to, not stating outright directly, but which is being reflected upon, is that she made a post about how she did not know what the word 'wigger' was, meant, that she had never seen or been exposed to it in any way through the course of her life. That seems funny. Is tha tnot funny, Seams? Seams, it seems funny. It's like 10 words, too, I'm sure you can read them. It's not like it's a big brick of 500 that you would have to mentally sort through in order to find the gold in. It's 10. Nearly small enough for a little slip of paper from a fortune cookie. Could probably telegram it to you on the cheap, even. Now that you've actually read it, is it not understood that something was maybe a bit funny and warranted posting in this thread that is ostensibly about : Politics. Comedy, broadly given Chapo's at least partially about discussing things in a comedic manner. Politically-inclined peoples. Journalists. Influencers and culture. The world at large. Online people. Online things. Online places. Does all this make sense now, as to why someone might post it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjTqmHpICHA

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This feels like a lifetime ago

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1366525873357225990?s=20

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

It was. We all died at some point and are just living in someones dreamworld at this point.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

net work error posted:

It was. We all died at some point and are just living in someones dreamworld at this point.

https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1366406276369035265?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Adam Curtis on the new episode :supaburn: