Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Raised By Birds posted:

Okay, so, new Garrison, and holy gently caress is it transphobic.

I think this might be the grossest Garrison I've ever seen.

And of course the usual irony of talking smack about Amazon (and not for the good reasons) just before an Amazon referral link.

Doesn't look like anyone else has tagged this yet, so
Kellies Nomination: Least Concealed Bigotry (Transphobia)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

hooman posted:

I'm trying to work out why the udder has 5 teats.
A wiener-like appendage that 'shouldn't be there' seems super intentional.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Flipperwaldt posted:

A wiener-like appendage that 'shouldn't be there' seems super intentional.

Thanks, but also, uuuurggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What a piece of loving poo poo.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ben sure does put a lot of time and effort into drawing detailed 1) butts; 2) crying children; and 3) human transformations

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

D.N. Nation posted:

Ben sure does put a lot of time and effort into drawing detailed 1) butts; 2) crying children; and 3) human transformations

Also big ol' tits and Trump's muscles that only exist in his mind.

Dude is a terrifying kind of horny.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Political Cartoons 2021: A Terrifying Kind of Horny

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Suck it up, buttercup.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

You tried to murder Congress in order to overturn your loss. Get cirrhosis you fascist mound of poo poo.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Jagged Jim posted:

Suck it up, buttercup.

No worries there. I'm sure Tinsley's sucking up all the bourbon he sees.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/lodgepolepines/status/1366059894940590083
Does anyone have the gif edit of this lying around? Can't find it

E: Nevermind found it

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Just a simple married couple who has $180,000 in investment income won’t someone please think of their plight

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Yeah, that's definitely a Tinsley original.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

achillesforever6 posted:

Unseen in the ones with children are the 2-3 nannies, and single mom's stock broker boyfriend she met at a business retreat (she is also a stock broker).

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The chancellor prepares his budget – Rishi Sunak feels the dead hand of Covid debt and the cold breath of austerity"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

achillesforever6 posted:

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Just a simple married couple who has $180,000 in investment income won’t someone please think of their plight

This has always been the best take
https://gawker.com/5885705/the-top-1-must-stop-insisting-theyre-not-rich-right-this-instant

quote:

And here we see the fundamental dishonest characteristic of each and every article which advances this particular enraging argument. "Sure, it's an objectively large sum of money," they say. "But it is far smaller after I spend it."

No poo poo.

Money pays for the costs of life. That is what money does. You can't loving argue that, hey, your money doesn't go that far after you've already spent it. You used it! Paying taxes and paying bills and paying the mortgage and putting money in a retirement fund and going out to dinner are the things that money gets you. You rear end in a top hat. Just because you didn't blow it all on jewelry, caviar, and cocaine doesn't mean you didn't get anything out of it. This argument is like a man eating a hearty meal, licking his plate clean, then turning to a starving person and saying, "Look, we're in the same boat. My plate is empty too!"

Money: once you spend it all, you don't feel rich any more. Someone should write an essay about that.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

My favorite one of these "Poor HENRYs, it's not really that MUCH money" articles that came up previously in the thread included such necessities as 2 luxury vehicles, 3 vacations/trips a year, private piano lessons for a 6 year old, and a $10,000 "emergencies" category separate from the "leftover money" category.

Ed: Found it.

Holy poo poo, $18,000 a year in donations to college alumni association.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 28, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

gently caress your feelings, drunky.

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

achillesforever6 posted:

I love this stuff. Like telling how you can live well with minimum wage if you just rent your 2 other apartments or how millenials can pay their depts fast and run successful business(loan from you parents) or can't get by with 1 million a year cause you take 5 vacation a year, have nanny for every kid and summer place.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Manuel Calavera posted:

ALso folk, don't forget to report Garrison on facebook for his RAGING, MASSIVE Transphobia. It's his last big platform of any actual reach. You can do your part to fight hate.

How many does it take for them to actually do something?

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

$150k federally mandated minimum wage when

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

I dont know posted:

My favorite one of these "Poor HENRYs, it's not really that MUCH money" articles that came up previously in the thread included such necessities as 2 luxury vehicles, 3 vacations/trips a year, private piano lessons for a 6 year old, and a $10,000 "emergencies" category separate from the "leftover money" category.

Ed: Found it.

Holy poo poo, $18,000 a year in donations to college alumni association.

Three vacations a year. THREE.

Aside from just taking time off work because PTO would over accrue, I'm more in the boat of taking one vacation every three years. Because a) the vacation will undoubtedly cost enough that I don't get to actually enjoy it and b) the company I work for will probably make my life as difficult as possible before and after said vacation. Not to mention they're spending loving $18,000 a year on these vacations which is about as much as I earned in total some years.

18k on donations? Calling bullshit on that. It's also completely optional.
9500 on clothing? I haven't spent 9500 on clothing in my entire life.
12k on children's lessons? That's a choice because I promise you can teach them to play instruments or whatever for less (or zero)

Also the loan amount seems disingenuous, seeing as if they wanted to they could have that paid off in like five years tops. They're also pretending those insane 401k deductions are just, gone? Like they won't have more than enough money to depend on in the future. Whereas most of us know drat well our retirement accounts (if they even exist) won't cover poo poo.

It's almost like you have to be completely dishonest to make people feel sympathetic toward the rich.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Is a college alumni association a "charity" really?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

36000 in 401k contributions is almost what I make in a year lol

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

well this is a fresh kind of horrible

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1365392058324824068?s=19

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I don't understand any of this.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Will I ever need to understand crypto

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's tying a piece or artwork to an etherium address so that you can run back through the blockchain to authenticate that it's "the original". Creating scarcity for a digital image, essentially.

And all it costs is a mere 74 years worth of a person's electricity consumption every time it gets traded.

https://twitter.com/bdebone2/status/1366129197312311300/photo/1

Help Im Alive posted:

It's one of the most damaging inventions in all of human history so yeah you should probably understand it. It is basically a way to monetize wasting resources, and if left unchecked is going to make a post-scarcity society 100% impossible. That Bors is doing this is extremely disheartening because I assumed he would've understood this.

Pigbuster fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 28, 2021

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Stultus Maximus posted:

Basically imagine if you take a bitcoin, and slap a digital sticker on it that says "Whoever owns this bitcoin also owns this particular piece of digital art", letting you trade that artpiece back and forth. Yes, it's just as dumb as bitcoin, and just as ecologically horrid.

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Grimdude posted:

Three vacations a year. THREE.

Aside from just taking time off work because PTO would over accrue, I'm more in the boat of taking one vacation every three years. Because a) the vacation will undoubtedly cost enough that I don't get to actually enjoy it and b) the company I work for will probably make my life as difficult as possible before and after said vacation. Not to mention they're spending loving $18,000 a year on these vacations which is about as much as I earned in total some years.

18k on donations? Calling bullshit on that. It's also completely optional.
9500 on clothing? I haven't spent 9500 on clothing in my entire life.
12k on children's lessons? That's a choice because I promise you can teach them to play instruments or whatever for less (or zero)

Also the loan amount seems disingenuous, seeing as if they wanted to they could have that paid off in like five years tops. They're also pretending those insane 401k deductions are just, gone? Like they won't have more than enough money to depend on in the future. Whereas most of us know drat well our retirement accounts (if they even exist) won't cover poo poo.

It's almost like you have to be completely dishonest to make people feel sympathetic toward the rich.

The people with that budget don't exist, because the whole thing is just rage-inducing share-bait.

The only thing that's real is the author's blog, which is called out at the bottom. If you read it, reacted emotionally, and felt like sharing it, it did its job. The person who made it comes up with one of those "down and out on six figures a year" spreadsheets every year or so, and cranks the dollar amount up by something like 50k every time.

Help Im Alive posted:

Most of the people driving up the price don't!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Stultus Maximus posted:

It's a commemorative bitcoin

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

"matt borz personally causing the wasteland he draws all his comics in" is a plot twist I'm guessing nobody expected

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Skeleton Mom posted:

"matt borz personally causing the wasteland he draws all his comics in" is a plot twist I'm guessing nobody expected

"They made fun of me for wasteland comics... I'll show them! I'll show them all!"

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
He made a reply that implied he just doesn't know much about blockchain so boy do I hope he looks into it and cancels.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Jagged Jim posted:

Suck it up, buttercup.
How DARE you. Republicans have always been gracious winners, no I will not be taking questions

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

How many does it take for them to actually do something?

:sigh: I got the same exact thing. I escalated it because gently caress that poo poo. (Or asked them to review it again I assume this is the auto bot response.)

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Facebook thrives on cyber bullying, why would they ever side with you?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Pigbuster posted:

It's tying a piece or artwork to an etherium address so that you can run back through the blockchain to authenticate that it's "the original". Creating scarcity for a digital image, essentially.

And all it costs is a mere 74 years worth of a person's electricity consumption every time it gets traded.

https://twitter.com/bdebone2/status/1366129197312311300/photo/1

It's one of the most damaging inventions in all of human history so yeah you should probably understand it. It is basically a way to monetize wasting resources, and if left unchecked is going to make a post-scarcity society 100% impossible. That Bors is doing this is extremely disheartening because I assumed he would've understood this.

Well this is an out of nowhere milkshake duck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/Standplaats_KRK/status/1366146742576644107