Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Casnorf posted:

There's a few ps4/5 games that just read the existing save. AsscreedV and Watch_Underscore_Dogs_Underscore_Legion do.

Ubisoft does a transparent cloud saving thing, which is how that works.

The lack of cloud saving is always weird when you consider that indie games have been doing cross save since 2013ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Leibniz was also a dumbass who got thoroughly bodied by Voltaire. Rationalists stay losing

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah it has pages alright...

pAGES before it gets released!!!

Personally I'm really glad they waited to show. If I'd seen the actual gameplay much earlier and still had to wait a year through covid delay for it I think I would've died. Nevermind the numerous other things that tried to kill me last year.

Bust Rodd posted:

Would you ever go to a crowded convention center full of greased up showerless nerds ever again after the last 2 years? I mean, I really don't see anything besides sports coming back to US. If there is a big industry gaming show happening ever again, i really doubt it'll be in the US. The way vaccines are going here, COVID is probably gonna be a part of our ecosystem forever.

Honestly...I can't wait to get back to being able to hang in crowded sweaty environments with people again, if that ever happens. I need to build my immune system back up after a year of seclusion. I'll lick the snot off the dancefloor just let me dance again!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Leibniz was a genius. Voltaire a talented, useful idiot. You should read what he had to say about the brilliance of civilizing Russia in the image of Western Europe, and his sycophancy towards the right kind of Imperialist (i.e., Russian)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is this about near automata again

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I t hink it's about Assassin's Creed

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Voltaire would have unquestionably liked Bioshock Infinite and for that there can be no forgiveness.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

Ubisoft does a transparent cloud saving thing, which is how that works.

The lack of cloud saving is always weird when you consider that indie games have been doing cross save since 2013ish.

Probably a part of this with the ps4 - PS5 games is due to Sony wanting a clean break on PS5 to where they can't share trophy lists or even look at ps4 data (and ps4 data could leave them open to vita/ps3 data as well through that)

I wonder if Sony has to certify the save server transfers.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Voltaire would have unquestionably liked Bioshock Infinite and for that there can be no forgiveness.

lol

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

exquisite tea posted:

I dont agree with your bland corridor shooter but I'll defend to the death your right to play it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

exquisite tea posted:

If there was no Bioshock: Infinite it would be necessary to invent it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clearly this is the best of all possible games

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

haveblue posted:

Lmao

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

haveblue posted:

haha

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
please, someone invent elden ring

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

drat sexy if you ask me.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Nietzsche masturbated too much

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
why must we suffer

https://twitter.com/aarongreenberg/status/1366127846771494913

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Simone Magus posted:

Nietzsche masturbated too much

I'd suggest not enough, really.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

I dont agree with your bland corridor shooter but I'll defend to the death your right to play it

Voltaire didn’t say that!!!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

that's just the microsoft dude, he doesn't know anything! :colbert:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

that's just the microsoft dude, he doesn't know anything! :colbert:
Presumably he knows "Microsoft's possible event" is in fact not happening

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Casnorf posted:

I'd suggest not enough, really.

Possibly both, at different points in his life

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Well, he did die of syphilis, so maybe he should've just stuck with it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Cardiovorax posted:

Well, he did die of syphilis, so maybe he should've just stuck with it.

metamorphosis indeed :cry:

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Nietzsche's idea of foreplay probably involved maths

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

lol, what?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Simone Magus posted:

He invented the shirt that said "free mustache rides"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It would explain a lot about his choice of facial hairstyle. That is a moustache for the ages.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If Bioshock Infinite had somehow come out ten years earlier, would people be able to tell it was bad?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Probably? The things that make Infinite bad don't really have anything to do with when it was made.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There is no medium through which the story would seem good.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Voltaire didn’t say that!!!

Ask not what Bioshock infinite can do for you

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Kazzah posted:

If Bioshock Infinite had somehow come out ten years earlier, would people be able to tell it was bad?

Definitely. The whole design is just not very good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vikar Jerome posted:

please, someone invent elden ring

so in an attempt at a helpful derail why are there a bunch of people talking about elden ring as if microsoft is publishing it or has acquired it as an exclusive

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

so in an attempt at a helpful derail why are there a bunch of people talking about elden ring as if microsoft is publishing it or has acquired it as an exclusive

i think they're paying for marketing, but that shouldn't affect anything

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cardiovorax posted:

It would explain a lot about his choice of facial hairstyle. That is a moustache for the ages.

He was very successful.

Hobbes's love is like Hobbes's law, nasty, brutish and short.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Guerrilla/status/1366085897783975938