Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the coolest, raddest demon lady in all the land?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 62 17.22%
Bowsette 40 11.11%
Bowsette 44 12.22%
Bowsette 39 10.83%
Bowsette 47 13.06%
128 35.56%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

haveblue posted:

March Games Chat: One Year Later

:popeye:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

March Chat Thread: You can't transfer Like A Dragon save files to PS5

Then just this image.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if elected OP i will call the thread 'march' and the op will just be this image:

no poll

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

if elected OP i will call the thread 'march' and the op will just be this image:

no poll

wouldn't that be"warch"

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

March Chat Thread: Warch Chat Thread

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

no poll

you got my vote

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

wuggles posted:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Wait if this is an election then please vote for me, my self-esteem can't handle losing a popularity contest

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/SmallBuStudio/status/1366112130555129857

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is "risk of rain 2" worth buying if I'm playing it alone/solo/without friends/single player

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Warioette?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I bounced off it alone.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
i didn't care for ror2 solo either, but i was kind of lukewarm on the game in general (outside of the incredible look and sound of it)

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cardiovorax posted:

Is this a different process from bump mapping? Because I'm not sure I could tell the difference.

So, okay, this made me look back over the image so I could try and figure out exactly what they did that made it look the way it does (to me, bad) and I spent an embarrassing amount of time trying to figure it out.

So I intentionally cranked up the normal map to a silly amount to demonstrate, but I was originally convinced they didn't use a bump/normal because, while that would calculate light, just visually it doesn't look like there's any sort of geometry distortion going on. Like, none of the bricks are jutting out, it looks just like a flat plane like the pillar on the right, but with the light calculation of a normal map. I was trying to figure out what they would do to emulate that, but then that was probably just exactly what they did - use a normal map to get a bunch of shadows calculated onto the texture, baked the lighting so all of the shadows are now a part of the textures themselves, and then removed the normal map. Maybe?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gonna get a lot of memes out of this image

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Switch version? (Is it on switch yet?)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUYC54dUek

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I was sad about the Bloodlines 2 debacle meaning that game is probably shitcanned in the long run, but because of that I learned that The Council devs are also making a Vampire game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJwNrKkXdhA

which, if this game is all about extremely lovely people sniping at each other and the gameplay is mainly reading people's minds and dunking on them with dialogue skills: 1) Big Bad Wolf already has experience delivering that, unlike Hardsuit trying to make a sprawling WRPG; 2) those are the best parts of Vampire anyway

They have not said their development is running into any problems yet, so maybe there will be a graphical Vampire game in 2021 after all

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

wuggles posted:

Switch version? (Is it on switch yet?)

That was announced ages ago iirc

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Infinitum posted:

March Chat Thread: You can't transfer Like A Dragon save files to PS5

Then just this image.

Wait...what

E: Incredible. I guess I won't be returning to LAD to do more sidestories.
https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1310643993689100288

The Dark Souls of Posters fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 28, 2021

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

YakLAD runs fine on a PS4, unless there are some super graphical updates it seems pretty missable

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I finished up The Pathless today, playing through the last two big areas and the boss area all in one sitting. God drat the last big area was insanely beautiful and the boss fights were phenomenal.

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

YakLAD runs fine on a PS4, unless there are some super graphical updates it seems pretty missable

I've just upgraded from a PS4 to a PS5 since completing LAD and I was waiting for the next gen update before loading it up, and it turns out, it doesn't matter

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Someone get to the postgame in MGSurvive so I do not have to play unmarried anymore

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i did it, i bit the bullet and ordered a prebuilt pc

turns out i got scammed on my current monitor and the model on the back doesn't match the model on the box, so maybe now with a new one i can finally see what framerates above 60 actually look like

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Wait...what

E: Incredible. I guess I won't be returning to LAD to do more sidestories.
https://twitter.com/RGGStudio/status/1310643993689100288

Wonder if this is a sega thing, or a sony thing? (or somehow an xbox thing since they had a next gen exclusivity deal)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

Sorry to hear it. For all the mistakes my parents made in retrospect, putting that kind of pressure on me was one thing they always blessedly stayed well away from.

My 12 year old honestly cares more about his grades than I do. He's gotten one C his whole life and it tore him up more than it did his parents. We've always told him as long as he does his best work we'll accept whatever grade he gets. Seems to work out so far.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

no poll

Yes

Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Rinkles posted:

Wonder if this is a sega thing, or a sony thing? (or somehow an xbox thing since they had a next gen exclusivity deal)

Honestly, I have no idea. I have other saves from the PS4 that transferred just fine, but I also understand that Mile Morales saves from PS4 wouldn't transfer to PS5 either.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If it worked fine it wasnt a native ps5 game probably, or was it?

Rinkles posted:

Ps5 has a different save file structure than ps4 and sega doesnt want to give a poo poo to bridge it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Numerous studies have shown that if adult role models (teachers, parents, etc) respond positively to effort, that has a much better result on the child's performance than if they respond positively to results so it sounds like you're doing a good job on that front

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

cheetah7071 posted:

Numerous studies have shown that if adult role models (teachers, parents, etc) respond positively to effort, that has a much better result on the child's performance than if they respond positively to results so it sounds like you're doing a good job on that front
It's also better for the self-image. Consistently putting in your best effort is much easier than succeeding 100% of the time, and much less stressful.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Counterpoint: no one likes a tryhard

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Walla posted:

My 12 year old honestly cares more about his grades than I do. He's gotten one C his whole life and it tore him up more than it did his parents. We've always told him as long as he does his best work we'll accept whatever grade he gets. Seems to work out so far.

Ask him to play Viewtiful Joe on Adults mode and see how he takes it :v:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

That's a "sweaty" grade there champ, who are you trying to impress

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

RBA Starblade posted:

Employers do.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Cardiovorax posted:

Employers do.

nobody likes employers

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

Cardiovorax posted:

It's also better for the self-image. Consistently putting in your best effort is much easier than succeeding 100% of the time, and much less stressful.

My son also has some sort of perfectionist disorder thing? I'm not sure of the name for it, but he expects perfection out of himself in everything and physically and mentally beats himself up when he falls short. He's improved over time and therapy, and no longer hits himself thankfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I want to replay the original ff7, I'll buy it on steam for that. I owned the original pc version back in the day. Can someone recommend mods to improve the experience? I'm asking more about graphics/sound improvements than anything else, but I'm open to 'you must get the <thing> mod' if something is super good.