Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

look, you're being seen and heard, what more do you want? back in the day they not only did nothing but ignored you

nowadays you get rebroadcasted enough to experience stochastic terrorism with no resort

progress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/LeciaMichelle11/status/1350602864981385217?s=19

No, no, see, they're not a cult, they are simply cowards

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/RandiRandu/status/1350754334628216833?s=19

At the risk of sounding Vaushite... cope

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/jaggy123/status/1350926782526939136?s=19

Lmao

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

KHive twitter avatars are fascinating

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Getting her staff on other campaigns is like spreading a plague.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
i have more respect for people who join actual cults then khive, or all the hillary acolytes from 4 years ago. at least if you're hanging out jared leto on his island or whatever you are taking drugs and having sex. if all you're getting out of your cult membership is the ability to scold on twitter join a religion, it's a bit harder to show how god is poo poo than kamala.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

fits my needs posted:

p wild, some stay at home dad forum moderator is now some kinda respected researcher or journalist cuz he went and looked up the syrian army on wikipedia?

the only wilder thing is caro ending up fighting in libya or whatever and then ending up in assad's torture prison.

the vilerat saga beats both of those.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
lol spotted an unironic use of the thread title in the wild

https://twitter.com/jules13122/status/1365936342065111040

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

nopants
May 29, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

If the Democrats had 65 seats they'd make up another excuse for why they can't pass policies that help the working class. Just look at California, where the Democrats dominate and it has the highest inequality in the nation and just enshrined gig work into law.

it is too bad that exactly 16 democratic senators don't support any legislation that actually helps people. we need 66 senators to get anything done. vote!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It infuriates me that "Dems have too high standards for their politicians and don't just fall in line like Republicans do" and "of course we can't pass our agenda even with majorities across the board, those dang blue dogs keep getting in the way" are opinions that come from the same people in the same conversation

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

I see you, I hear you, and I know where you live

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

i have more respect for people who join actual cults then khive, or all the hillary acolytes from 4 years ago. at least if you're hanging out jared leto on his island or whatever you are taking drugs and having sex. if all you're getting out of your cult membership is the ability to scold on twitter join a religion, it's a bit harder to show how god is poo poo than kamala.

i just “bellingcatted” jared letos sex island and my god, so many white people dressed all in white

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

There should be predictit market for which Dem politician will have to resign next for sexually harassment of their staff.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

etalian posted:

There should be predictit market for which Dem politician will have to resign next for sexually harassment of their staff.

trick question, none of them will because the Democratic Party has decided they are a-okay with rapists leading them.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
https://twitter.com/zei_squirrel/status/1366105905159434247?s=20

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

It's pretty amazing how few politicians were taken out by metoo when they all engaged in bad behavior across the board

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

mastershakeman posted:

It's pretty amazing how few politicians were taken out by metoo when they all engaged in bad behavior across the board

Our faves, tho

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

How is anyone in 2021 able to un-ironically support #metoo after Tara Reade?

Like, the second anyone in my irl mentions #metoo I immediately ask them what they think of Tara Reade.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
lmao seriously the Times Up organization literally admitted to turning Tara away purely because the man who assaulted her was running for president and that was it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

silicone thrills posted:

the Times Up organization literally admitted to turning Tara away purely because the man who assaulted her was running for president and that was it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

silicone thrills posted:

lmao seriously the Times Up organization literally admitted to turning Tara away purely because the man who assaulted her was running for president and that was it.

And one of the #MeToo bosses was working on his campaign staff.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

silicone thrills posted:

remember when actors made a statement on the red carpet about it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

a real fighting women's movement needs to be independent of the Democrat party. Same with any real Black liberation movement.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol those replies

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

lol

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
No, you see, #MeToo is still valid because Tara Reade wasn't a real accuser, but a lying Russian slut. The women accusing Cuomo are valid accusers, unless of course he becomes the most viable neoliberal candidate for president, in which case they too will have been lying Russian sluts all along.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

how many people is this actually true for

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Yinlock posted:

he gets real mad any time he's even remotely challenged on anything, doubly so if it's a minority doing so

If he's given enough prep, Biden does fine with challenges (like during the interview he gave about the Reade accusation). It's when he's required to think on his feet that he lashes out, like... well, all those examples from the campaign. Or his meeting with black civil rights leaders the moment it went in a direction he wasn't expecting.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Its disgusting seeing these lying bitches trying to bring down a good man like Andrew Cuomo. Why anyone is even giving them the time of day I don't know. Even that loony oval office Reade that lied about Joe Biden, drummed up some (fake) evidence in her russian backed scheme, these people going after Cuomo don't even hat that. We're just supposed to take them at their word, against a good man and democratic leader who has no history of this, about something that conveniently raises their status for their future political ambitions. Book deal coming soon anyone? Its disgusting.

Lying sluts like this ruin everything the metoo movement was trying to accomplish and they should be thrown in jail. They should go back to banging the orange man's tiny penis.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Eggplant Squire posted:

Outlets that specifically refer to themselves as fact checkers basically exist to just launder their bad editorials with a term that makes you look like a conspiracy theorist if you disagree. The pinnochio guy from WAPO basically just shits out whatever is in his empty skull without bothering to cite things.

The Pinocchio guy from WAPO is also a former State reporter and member of the council on foreign relations

Check this poo poo out

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-and-education/

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

The Oldest Man posted:

The Pinocchio guy from WAPO is also a former State reporter and member of the council on foreign relations

Check this poo poo out

he's also an heir of the guy that founded the shell oil company

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The Oldest Man posted:

Check this poo poo out

and key measures such as cars per person, Cuba plummeted from the top ranks to as low as 20th place. That came at a cost, even though Cubans are well educated

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WAPO guy also got Real Mad Online when Omar called out Elliot Abrams and his record in Central America during that hearing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Falstaff posted:

If he's given enough prep, Biden does fine with challenges (like during the interview he gave about the Reade accusation). It's when he's required to think on his feet that he lashes out, like... well, all those examples from the campaign. Or his meeting with black civil rights leaders the moment it went in a direction he wasn't expecting.

that's what i mean by "challenged", yeah he does fine on questions that have been drilled into the yawning void of fog that is his brain but anything else just makes him mad

though tbf liberals all have problems whenever things stray from their prepared statements

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003