Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Your rolls are based off your highest potential LL in each slot per character so you don't have to wear higher LL gear for better drops as long as it exists somewhere in your inventory or vault (technically mailbox too but I don't like doing that because if a prime engram drops in there it doesn't count until it's opened). Basically the reason why 1297 is the sweet spot is that before hardcap (1300) a Pinnacle counts as the highest possible Powerful (+5LL based on your average Light). Most Pinnacles are what are called +2 Pinnacles meaning they can roll Average LL +2 after you reach hard cap. So at 1297 you can get the full +5 jump from a Pinnacle because it puts the item at 1302 which is still only +2 from the 1300 hard cap. Gambit/Crucible/Vanguard pinnacles are only +1 so at 1297 they would only be opening at 1301, for example. Also I think the Presage pinnacle is still bugged to only drop powerful.

But yeah there are 71 days left in the season so there's no need to min/max your LL rush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"We love when the community comes together!"

"No, not like that!"

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Eej posted:

Your rolls are based off your highest potential LL in each slot per character so you don't have to wear higher LL gear for better drops as long as it exists somewhere in your inventory or vault (technically mailbox too but I don't like doing that because if a prime engram drops in there it doesn't count until it's opened). Basically the reason why 1297 is the sweet spot is that before hardcap (1300) a Pinnacle counts as the highest possible Powerful (+5LL based on your average Light). Most Pinnacles are what are called +2 Pinnacles meaning they can roll Average LL +2 after you reach hard cap. So at 1297 you can get the full +5 jump from a Pinnacle because it puts the item at 1302 which is still only +2 from the 1300 hard cap. Gambit/Crucible/Vanguard pinnacles are only +1 so at 1297 they would only be opening at 1301, for example. Also I think the Presage pinnacle is still bugged to only drop powerful.

But yeah there are 71 days left in the season so there's no need to min/max your LL rush.

Does that count for other characters' inventory too? Like, say I have my 1280 Riskrunner on my Titan - does that count as a potential LL source for my Hunter or do I need to stick it in my vault first?

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

SkyeAuroline posted:

Does that count for other characters' inventory too? Like, say I have my 1280 Riskrunner on my Titan - does that count as a potential LL source for my Hunter or do I need to stick it in my vault first?

Yes, any potentially equippable item, even in postmaster, vault or other character. Remember that you can only equip one exotic weapon and armour piece so that is a possible conflict, though.

If you go to https://destiny-power-bars.corke.dev/ you can see the highest possible sets of gear that your characters have.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The power bars site will tell you if you have multiple exotics contributing to your theoretical max average level. It doesn't matter if you can't simultaneously wear them all at the same time for the purposes of increasing the quality of your drops though. For example:

I have two exotics as highest level in different slots so the site warns me by putting a yellow bar in my progress to indicate that I can't actually reach that Light Level in game but for the purposes of calculating drops it's still fine. In this case I just need to pop a powerful that goes to my leg and that will push my average to 1306, so I can finish my Vanguard pinnacle for the week and get a 1307 drop somewhere (hopefully not a dupe)

e: also I should point out that Season Pass gear always drops as Powerful so a way to save yourself a lot of grind is to not pick them up until you need a powerful to push your average up. If I had a Season of Hunt or Season of Chosen leg armour in the season pass still I could just click that and boom my leveling problems are fixed.

Eej fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Feb 28, 2021

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Is our grind too onerous?

No, it's the community cooperating to overcome the grind who are wrong.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Eej posted:

The power bars site will tell you if you have multiple exotics contributing to your theoretical max average level. It doesn't matter if you can't simultaneously wear them all at the same time for the purposes of increasing the quality of your drops though. For example:

I have two exotics as highest level in different slots so the site warns me by putting a yellow bar in my progress to indicate that I can't actually reach that Light Level in game but for the purposes of calculating drops it's still fine. In this case I just need to pop a powerful that goes to my leg and that will push my average to 1306, so I can finish my Vanguard pinnacle for the week and get a 1307 drop somewhere (hopefully not a dupe)

e: also I should point out that Season Pass gear always drops as Powerful so a way to save yourself a lot of grind is to not pick them up until you need a powerful to push your average up. If I had a Season of Hunt or Season of Chosen leg armour in the season pass still I could just click that and boom my leveling problems are fixed.

Cool, good to know all this. I'm just shy of season pass rank 60 so I think the actual armor pieces start dropping off in favor of ornaments, but they definitely helped boost me up to where I'm at. Narrowed down the parts I need, now I just need things to drop; either way, making progress.
Also: Clash for permanent Crucible rotation position, please, Monte Carlo + Titan melee + Clash is the first genuinely good Crucible feeling I've had since I started

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Mill Village posted:

You do those for a chance at the new exotic gear (if solo) and the Telesto catalyst if you didn’t get it from EOW. There’s a couple lost sectors on Legend that can be done in less than 5 minutes once you know the enemy spawns.

Sestze posted:

loop it as much as you like. Exotics drop as powerfuls in those lost sectors, but only for the slot of the day.

they haven't mentioned when they're releasing it (like, what season, along with whether or not it comes with a content expansion like witch queen). We're looking at something close to a year in terms of when that'll show up.

Cool, thanks!

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.

Eej posted:

A quick google suggests setting your DNS servers to Google's.

Yeah, gently caress me, that didn't work either. :sigh:

I had my primary DNS as 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare); swapped it to 8.8.8.8 (Google) as my secondary was already 8.8.4.4 (Google).

Still nada, even after a dns flush and a release/renew of my IP (just to be sure).

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Only 20,000 people play trials during a weekend? How can Bungie justify spending any amount of resources on something with that low of a population?

Edit: Doh can’t read, that’s how many went flawless.

Mattavist fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Feb 28, 2021

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Trials is roughly about 150-200k players across every platform for the past few weekends. Well, until now, because the weekend was cut in half.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
lmao that Bungie can't do anything right with PVP

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Holy poo poo who wrote all the goddamn clicking into Variks dialogue, or, who directed the sound on it? What the hell is this lol.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

PathAsc posted:

Holy poo poo who wrote all the goddamn clicking into Variks dialogue, or, who directed the sound on it? What the hell is this lol.

[inhales]

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

[Nolan Northerizes all voice acting]

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

According to Spider, Varik's accent and all that isn't even supposed to be real, he faked it so that Awoken would underestimate him or something. Doesn't explain why he does it when he's alone. It's like Christian Bale Batman using the awful Batman voice in Dark Knight Rises even when everyone in the room knows he's Bruce Wayne

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Roman posted:

According to Spider, Varik's accent and all that isn't even supposed to be real, he faked it so that Awoken would underestimate him or something. Doesn't explain why he does it when he's alone. It's like Christian Bale Batman using the awful Batman voice in Dark Knight Rises even when everyone in the room knows he's Bruce Wayne

I believe it. I just wish they'd have kept him sounding like he did in d1. Like a lot of things in D2, it's just so off.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Mattavist posted:

Only 20,000 people play trials during a weekend? How can Bungie justify spending any amount of resources on something with that low of a population?

Edit: Doh can’t read, that’s how many went flawless.

Raids are by far the least played activity in the game (last time I saw the stats, anyway) but Bungie puts a ton of effort into them while PvP is the most played activity and can't even get a new map v:shobon:v

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

Raids are by far the least played activity in the game (last time I saw the stats, anyway) but Bungie puts a ton of effort into them while PvP is the most played activity and can't even get a new map v:shobon:v
I agree, rather then wasting time on Trials they should make pvp content for normal people

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Oxyclean posted:

I agree, rather then wasting time on Trials they should make pvp content for normal people

trials is like a corvette in that it's a halo car that makes the rest of the D2 lineup look appealing because trials is way over represented by streamers even though playing trials loving sucks for most players

Marzzle fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 1, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Kith posted:

lol bungie you will never get me to play trials

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

i hope they keep that poo poo disabled for the rest of the season

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nah I need a Summoner pity engram then it can go away.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Trials is fun. I hope they improve non flawless rewards so people feel less bad about not finishing their cards.

RBX posted:

Nah I need a Summoner pity engram then it can go away.

I got bad news for you...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

Currently less than 3% of PS4 players have the achievement for completing Last Wish, and 7% of Steam players.

Presage is completely working as intended and not at all difficult.

https://i.imgur.com/VshJnd2.mp4

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Roman posted:

You can hear it when he gets pissed at Eramis at the end of Beyond Light. He drops the wheezing and clicking and full-out calls her a coward and fool who were getting their people killed.

And I like to think he just...is like that with every non-eliksni. He's a giant try-hard holding onto an act based on a long-dead ideal.

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

maybe just put cosmetic rewards like titles and emblems and shaders behind flawless instead of actual functional rewards and this issue wouldn't have hit critical mass

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Pretty sure most of the people who pay/cheat/hack to go flawless are more concerned about the Triumphs/Title/Seal/etc. than having 1 roll of a Trials weapon or armor piece.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Currently less than 3% of PS4 players have the achievement for completing Last Wish, and 7% of Steam players.

Presage is completely working as intended and not at all difficult.

https://i.imgur.com/VshJnd2.mp4

Even without bugs standard Presage was a loving mess for three of us to run, I don't envy people soloing it and my mostly-inactive play partner pushing for us to go to Master when none of us are close to the master LL is not the most promising potential run either.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There has definitely been some very funny weirdness with teleporting enemies this season. I don't know what causes it but it's always funny.

It's already been rotated out and we have no idea when it'll be coming back.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Presage boss suddenly appearing/warping feels very (unintentionally) in line with the horror elements of that mission.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Roman posted:

it's easier to keep doing a thing when you practice the habit in private

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Could teleporting enemies be due to increased enemy density in things like battlegrounds and the new strikes?

I guess that wouldn’t make sense for things like Presage though where there’s low enemies since all this stuff runs off our own systems and not Bungie servers, right?

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Mattavist posted:

Could teleporting enemies be due to increased enemy density in things like battlegrounds and the new strikes?

I guess that wouldn’t make sense for things like Presage though where there’s low enemies since all this stuff runs off our own systems and not Bungie servers, right?

no
teleporting enemies started with Shadowkeep

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

With the Locus it seems specifically to happen when he goes from idling to being alerted to your presence. At the start of the fight, if you run to cover he doesn't immediately become aware of you. You can corner peek and see him standing idle. As soon as you make him aware he will always shift position - sometimes just a small half-step to the side, sometimes a massive jump like that.

This is at the start of at the fight and each time he disappears downstairs, so he keeps doing it. Each time he loses you he seems to become vulnerable to the bug which makes the australian whack-a-mole strat difficult.

It's almost as if there's something about the client side idle character suddenly 'catching up' to where the server side version thinks it should be, only server side AI has a different idea of when it was alerted to your presence, or it depends on network conditions so a huge delay leads to a big teleport like that.*

There are definitely other enemies teleporting though (especially in battlegrounds), it just seems worse on an already tough boss. Reddit is advising me to use slowba bomb, but in that situation I don't think it would have ended well for either of us.

Is the lore hidden behind a heroic version? I am not looking forward to that, especially since the lore seems to be one of this week's challenges.

*E: Or I might be talking out of my arse, but it reminds me of how rubberbanding used to look many years ago.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 1, 2021

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is the lore hidden behind a heroic version? I am not looking forward to that, especially since the lore seems to be one of this week's challenges.
It doesn't seem like, it I'm pretty sure I was getting week 2 dialog when I loaded into normal as well.

What's a little odd is how some of the other stuff works. There's scannables that seemingly exist in sets, the first 5 are for the triumph "figments of an answer" and you were able to get them last week - I missed one but was able to pick it up on my heroic run through this week. I saw a post mentioning 6 more as well as a triumph name, but none of them seem active for me.

Additionally, each week you clear, you get a lore page, which mentions one of the hidden caches for the triumph "Tucked Away." I was able to open two caches this week, but I've heard others who only could open the first?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Cool, Amanda holiday blinks forever on the map.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

PathAsc posted:

Cool, Amanda holiday blinks forever on the map.

She's on Holliday. It's festive!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
12 Player Glitch Report:

Saturday: Tried 12 man DSC for 2 hours with no luck.

Sunday: Pulled off a 12 man Master Presage, after about 40 mins of trying which was the most fun I've had in Destiny. Then we did a 12 man Garden of Salvation which only took 15 mins.

Tips: We had 11 man fireteam joining on a single person launching the activity on a PS5 because it allowed them to quickly log out and back in on failed attempts, rather than waiting for the whole activity to load.

TL;DR: It's super annoying to figure it out, but once you get it; it's the most fun you can have in Destiny.