Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
*slams strip onto desk* I'm gonna need a new thread title right now, please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Moominmamma doesn't really know her husband all that well, if she thought that Pappa wouldn't be excited about having a criminal wife.

Also, looks like the laws of Moominvalley allow cruel and unusual punishments.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe Moomin and Moominmamma have been sentenced to death by clubbing

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

Doomykins posted:

*slams strip onto desk* I'm gonna need a new thread title right now, please and thank you.

BSS: Batman's Scrappy Sidekick > Comic Strips 2021: I AM *PROUD* OF HAVING SUCH AN EXCITING WIFE!
How long can thread titles be, anyway?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I love my exciting wife, Moominmamma

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

How do you get a gif to show up next to a image? I just spent an hour on something really dumb and I can't post it.

B Kliban

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

fondue posted:

How do you get a gif to show up next to a image? I just spent an hour on something really dumb and I can't post it.

Are you trying to post a gif (animated image) or gifv/mp4 (video)? Imgur converts large gifs automatically into videos (better optimized and smaller size), but you can get image file by changing the url.

Videos don't show up next to images.

Comparison (with a random gif from my harddrive):
code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tO9kD4g.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.gif[/img]

code:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/tO9kD4g.png[/img][url]https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.mp4[/url]
https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.mp4

Kennel fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Feb 28, 2021

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Kennel posted:

Are you trying to post a gif (animated image) or gifv/mp4 (video)? Imgur converts large gifs automatically into videos (better optimized and smaller size), but you can get image file by changing the url.

Videos don't show up next to images.

Comparison (with a random gif from my harddrive):
code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/tO9kD4g.png[/timg][timg]https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.gif[/timg]

code:
[timg]https://i.imgur.com/tO9kD4g.png[/timg][url]https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.mp4[/url]
https://i.imgur.com/RMsxMFo.mp4

It's a gifv, I'll try to convert it.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

fondue posted:

It's a gifv, I'll try to convert it.

Yeah, just use [ img ] tags instead of [ url ] and change the ending from gifv to gif

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Doomykins posted:

Given the latest Moomin series has Matt Berry as Moominpappa, and I can 100% read this line in his voice.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

nishi koichi posted:

i actually think it’s a cute gag (if you ignore the MEN thing), but i would have preferred it in arlo and janis instead

honestly i agree with you!! if i got the sense that ed and (... diane???) felt any sort of positive emotion toward each other besides at best general tolerance it could be cute

also if Ed were ever depicted as deliberately doing goofy poo poo for fun rather than being the put-upon Correct Man, or if anyone in this comic reacted to over the top silly stuff with giggles instead of painful eyerolls

GUYS?!?!?!?!?!

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Wierd, this worked.

My dumb joke

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

I used to do this, my mom still has the tapes. I think as blackmail material.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Old School Peanuts (Jul 12, 1952)

Calvin and Hobbes (Jan 16-17, 1989)

Robbie and Bobby

(May 14, 2019)

(May 17, 2019)

Support Jason's Patreon (and see new My Dad is Draculas) here.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Bruceski posted:

I used to do this, my mom still has the tapes. I think as blackmail material.

I did too. As a kid I was fascinated by audio recording and made tapes of myself blathering on about nothing.

Thank god social media didn't exist when I was ten.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I did too. As a kid I was fascinated by audio recording and made tapes of myself blathering on about nothing.

I remember some of the tapes I made at that age and am really happy I taped poo poo off the radio on to them. Which is probably not a lot less embarrassing but...

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Stultus Maximus posted:

I remember some of the tapes I made at that age and am really happy I taped poo poo off the radio on to them. Which is probably not a lot less embarrassing but...

i too have embarrassing lonely kid radio show tapes

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I found one that my sisters and I did, in 1970, when my oldest sister got a portable cassette recorder for Christmas. I actually remember doing it - I was seven; it was a rainy day in Switzerland, we lived in the middle of nowhere, and we were bored out of our skulls.

We had fun practicing swear words. That part I forgot all about until I played a copy for my sister, at her house at a Thanksgiving one year, with her extended (husband's) family all round, when there seven-year-old PoC was, happily hollering, "lovely!" at the top of my lungs. Someone else slipped in , "fucker."

My sister, and her extended married family, are devout born-again christians.

It was a moment.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

PainterofCrap posted:

I found one that my sisters and I did, in 1970, when my oldest sister got a portable cassette recorder for Christmas. I actually remember doing it - I was seven; it was a rainy day in Switzerland, we lived in the middle of nowhere, and we were bored out of our skulls.

We had fun practicing swear words. That part I forgot all about until I played a copy for my sister, at her house at a Thanksgiving one year, with her extended (husband's) family all round, when there seven-year-old PoC was, happily hollering, "lovely!" at the top of my lungs. Someone else slipped in , "fucker."

My sister, and her extended married family, are devout born-again christians.

It was a moment.

:lol:

On a slightly more serious note, I'm actually glad of some recordings I made. My sister had Down syndrome, and she had a tendency to talk to herself, acting out the videos she had seen. As a young teen I thought the things she said were hilarious, so I spent a fair amount of time hiding tape recorders to capture her monologues so that I could laugh at them later.

She died in 2002, and I recently found one of the tapes. Listening to that tape was like hearing my sister again :unsmith:.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Here I made an avatar for somebody to use:

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Mar 1, 2021

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut
My brothers and I would get singles like Ghostbusters which would have the instrumental track on the B side, so we could record ourselves singing it. Put the tape recorder up to the stereo speaker, hit record, and holler along. Now you are rock stars. :unsmith:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah I got a TalkBoy for Christmas one year when that was the hot new thing and I made more than a few embarrassing kid tapes. (I remember that I even had a super ernest spiel at the top of my first tape about how these were "my audio memories that I would treasure forever" or some poo poo. Jesus.)

Later, I just put it next to the TV speaker to record audio from cartoons like some kind of ersatz VCR. The presaged the man I would become, listening to comedy podcasts nonstop from the moment I wake up until my head hits the pillow at night.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

JethroMcB posted:

Yeah I got a TalkBoy for Christmas one year when that was the hot new thing and I made more than a few embarrassing kid tapes. (I remember that I even had a super ernest spiel at the top of my first tape about how these were "my audio memories that I would treasure forever" or some poo poo. Jesus.)

Later, I just put it next to the TV speaker to record audio from cartoons like some kind of ersatz VCR. The presaged the man I would become, listening to comedy podcasts nonstop from the moment I wake up until my head hits the pillow at night.

i recorded myself making fun of commercials/infomercials and i grew up to be a huge mst3k dork, so yeah

still sad i never got a talkboy

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Pearls Before Swine

Peanuts (March 3, 1974)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

9 Chickweed Lane

Life (With Skippy) (February 26, 1925)

Elsewhere in the issue:

Fred G. Cooper contributes to the California Issue:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (March 16, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 25, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (December 11, 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (April 5, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (September 5, 1935)

Dark Laughter (February 5, 1942)

Mopsy Sunday (October 19, 1947)

Those Were the Days (November 15, 1951)

Dinky Fellas (May 27, 1965)

Wee Pals (May 27, 1965)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

...what? :confused: I have no idea what's going on here.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Powered Descent posted:

They have become too lazy to overeat

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Jesus loving Christ.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

"This house is still ours and partially the bank's!" is a good line.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has some unfortunate implications.

Working Daze is horrifying.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is an exclusive extra for the blu-ray.

Cul De Sac stole this from Sword in the Stone.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Powered Descent posted:

They're renovating their kitchen and so all the stuff usually found there is in several different places, so they decide not to bother, or, in short:

Shugojin posted:

They have become too lazy to overeat

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buntea

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 2/28/01

Brenda Starr 12/27-29/45

Little-known Idaho law: all tourists are subject to the commands of their hotel manager.

Smokey Stover 9/10/39

Richard's Poor Almanac is the second part of the Little Neuro strip I already posted yesterday.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
I gotta be honest with you I just laid around and read One Piece all day.

Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What the heck, Garfield's going oldschool digging its recurring elements back up. Next thing you'll know Jon's visiting his parents.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Please don't summon Lyman

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

riderchop posted:

Please don't summon Lyman

Lyman's been in a lot of strips. His body's stashed in the wall.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Hwurmp posted:

I can't believe Moomin and Moominmamma have been sentenced to death by clubbing

Boo! Also

Yvonmukluk posted:

Given the latest Moomin series has Matt Berry as Moominpappa, and I can 100% read this line in his voice.

W H A T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Classic Kevin & Kell (November 22-26, 1999)

Second appearance of the "dead people visiting their loved ones" trope. Still confuses me; is Elanor imagining her husband floating there, or is he actually there? This one can still be justified, but in the future there will be instances of the dearly departed saying something that the living couldn't possibly know.