Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pops Mgee posted:

The Answer is Mario Mario. He's a septuple threat. He's great at baseball, golf, tennis, soccer, baseball, basketball, and racing. Not to mention every event in both summer and winter olympics.
As a dark horse candidate I'm picking the Kunio brothers, recruits from River City High. They also went on to play in the FIFA World Cup and World Dodge Ball tournaments. Lately they've returned to their street gang roots and have been seen with Crash and The Boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Ken Griffey Jr. had perfect stats in his games, and in the last game he had a cheat code you could enter that as long as you made contact he would hit a home run. He was insanely OP.

The Barry Bonds knockoff (Muscles McFee lol) actually had better stats in Winning Run. But yeah Griffey was way more likely than the generic players to hit a HR.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

No Sleve McDichael? Lost all credibility.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

fartknocker posted:

I think it was tradition back in the 90’s when any player had their own branded game, like that or Wayne Gretzky’s 3D Hockey among many others, that they had to be basically the best player in the game every time.

Michael Jordan had a personalized NBA Jam cabinet at his condo that Midway made for him specially; not only did the custom ROM have him on the Bulls, but Midway also set him to have all four skill bars maxed out along with a hidden +5 bonus on each (I think the original skills were dunk, defense, 3-pointers and speed, and they were just graded 1-10 in the code), so he was unbeatable whenever friends and hangers-on would come over and party.

I love those old anecdotes about how petty MJ was.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Not the greatest, but gently caress Matt

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1365813975112445957

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Jon Dowd supremacy

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Painting walls is fuckin hard work, phew

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

shirts and skins posted:

Advice? This is the first thing we're going to do if we end up closing on the place that I mentioned the other day.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

shirts and skins posted:

It really is. I have painted a far number of walls in my time and my biggest piece of advice is not to skimp on the brushes. They call me the cut in expert because I can do the edges along the ceiling and baseboards with just a brush without making a mess and it's truly because you need a high quality angled brush. If you buy the cheapest piece of crap brush, you're going to making so much more work for yourself.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Painters tape is a wonderful invention and don't paint a single wall in your house any kind of offwhite. You've lived with that poo poo for forever, pick some vibrant dang colors.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Absolutely any parent making under 500k takes that deal. Childcare is one of those essentials of life like healthcare, education, and housing that the average person can no longer afford.

I should clarify, my kids are 21 months and 5 years and both will be in daycare starting this summer (the 5 yo has been in since 2). It's costing us almost 1.5x our mortgage payment. I get it.

I also don't want my kids mowing the lawn :v:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

C-Euro posted:

Advice? This is the first thing we're going to do if we end up closing on the place that I mentioned the other day.

Pace yourself. It's really easy to fall into a trap of thinking, "Eh, the room isn't that big," and then you wind up over-committing and gradually doing a sloppier job as the day goes on and your arms get more and more tired.

What I'm trying to say is that you need to remind yourself that it's okay to only tackle half a room in a single day or whatever, because those walls are going to be there for a long time; it's not rocket surgery, and the planet will not stop spinning and it will not fling us into orbit from lack of gravity if it takes you three days instead of two to paint the living room.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Take all the groceries inside in one trip. Paint the whole room in one day :colbert:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Painters tape is a wonderful invention and don't paint a single wall in your house any kind of offwhite. You've lived with that poo poo for forever, pick some vibrant dang colors.

The house we're looking at have a few colorful walls and my wife wants to paint them all off-white :sweatdrop: I've committed to painting the one on the main floor that bugs her the most but the others are walls that she probably won't look at enough to care (basement and main floor bathroom) so I plan to drag my feet on those.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I’m loving dead

https://twitter.com/sleazy_slav/status/1365789588438978560?s=21

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
From the WandaVision thread:

https://twitter.com/JordanRasko/status/1365984455098175495?s=19

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

:stare:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

More key changes than a locksmith on PCP

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Loss edit and Fibonacci sequence are literally the intertwining threads of the universe.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

flaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAG wuz still theeeRE?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That's the most pleasant thing I've ever heard at CPAC

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have more Scout pictures, but she was pretty worn out when I saw her.

https://i.imgur.com/Ffk2zSp.mp4

She's so tiny compared to my puppy.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

bobjr posted:

I have more Scout pictures, but she was pretty worn out when I saw her.

https://i.imgur.com/Ffk2zSp.mp4

She's so tiny compared to my puppy.

That's some serious weapons grade cuteness right there. :3:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Her neck is Glennonesque

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Jesus Christ...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Did she have a stroke midway through “free”? :wtc:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Very excited about this maybe finally happening. Politics and stuff aside (which is obviously why he's in trouble, and for good reason) he's just poisonous to listen to when he's calling games.

https://twitter.com/admcgregor85/status/1366168842750341122

I suppose I've sort of thought of it as a tax for watching Big 10 basketball up till now, but it's one no one should have to pay. Even Wisconsin fans. This man sucks about absolutely everything.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/rushthecourt/status/1366131660064980993

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Has anyone else forbidden themselves from buying more of a food for any reason?

I have instituted a moratorium on buying new frozen foodstuffs until I clean out most of my freezer. Buying the freezer was objectively a good thing, but it has since filled up with things I have gotten to try simply because I had the space. I ended up with a full 16.6 cubic foot freezer with a smorgasbord of things acquired over the last one to two years.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Braksgirl posted:

It really is. I have painted a far number of walls in my time and my biggest piece of advice is not to skimp on the brushes. They call me the cut in expert because I can do the edges along the ceiling and baseboards with just a brush without making a mess and it's truly because you need a high quality angled brush. If you buy the cheapest piece of crap brush, you're going to making so much more work for yourself.

Perfect reply 10/10

Also, so many good dogs today

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Samadhi posted:

Has anyone else forbidden themselves from buying more of a food for any reason?

I have instituted a moratorium on buying new frozen foodstuffs until I clean out most of my freezer. Buying the freezer was objectively a good thing, but it has since filled up with things I have gotten to try simply because I had the space. I ended up with a full 16.6 cubic foot freezer with a smorgasbord of things acquired over the last one to two years.
I need to use up my homemade chicken stock so I can make more homemade chicken stock. I don't have enough tupperware containers for a full 3 carcass batch and end up using empty soda 2 liter bottles.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf0dcMH4N5U

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Nothing will beat this for worst National Anthem to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHnpWohrg0

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Every home owning woman I’ve ever met described themselves as a “cut-in expert”—including my wife.

Not kidding. It’s an epidemic. I blame HGTV.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
She knows the most important part is quality tools, and that is absolutely correct

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

bobjr posted:

Nothing will beat this for worst National Anthem to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SHnpWohrg0

Was gonna post this. The white cop struggling so hard not to completely lose his composure is the best.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

Every home owning woman I’ve ever met described themselves as a “cut-in expert”—including my wife.

Not kidding. It’s an epidemic. I blame HGTV.

It’s our patience and attention to detail. And the fact that I’ve been painting walls a couple times a year for 20 years. I don’t watch HGTV unless it’s on in the doctor’s office. I’m not a fan of renovating.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

It’s our patience and attention to detail. And the fact that I’ve been painting walls a couple times a year for 20 years. I don’t watch HGTV unless it’s on in the doctor’s office. I’m not a fan of renovating.

It’s just a funny quirk I’ve noticed with a small sample size <10. Makes me smile.

I always end up rolling the loving ceiling though, which is underrated hosswork. Pure loving torture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Grittybeard posted:

Very excited about this maybe finally happening. Politics and stuff aside (which is obviously why he's in trouble, and for good reason) he's just poisonous to listen to when he's calling games.

https://twitter.com/admcgregor85/status/1366168842750341122

I suppose I've sort of thought of it as a tax for watching Big 10 basketball up till now, but it's one no one should have to pay. Even Wisconsin fans. This man sucks about absolutely everything.

Good, Dakich can gently caress off forever. He seemed to go beyond being both horrible to listen to and completely wrong about everything (characteristics that are apparently required to be in sports media) to just being a full-on lovely human being.