Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

John Lee posted:

Yo what the gently caress are y'all talking about in here

Mostly just angry posting about nintendo not living up to imagination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

American McGay posted:

Lol if you actually use the eshop instead of a website. You poor thing.

It doesn't properly show chronological release order of games going top-to-bottom. :spergin:
If you go to All Games and sort by release date, it only shows upcoming releases.
If you try to filter by availability, it starts two weeks prior, and you have to scroll DOWN to get closer to the present day. And of course, this is Nintendo, so it doesn't even show that many games; you have to hit Show More, Show More, Show More. Nintendo's online store is dogshit.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Mister Facetious posted:

It doesn't properly show chronological release order of games going top-to-bottom. :spergin:
If you go to All Games and sort by release date, it only shows upcoming releases.
If you try to filter by availability, it starts two weeks prior, and you have to scroll DOWN to get closer to the present day. And of course, this is Nintendo, so it doesn't even show that many games; you have to hit Show More, Show More, Show More. Nintendo's online store is dogshit.

https://www.dekudeals.com/recently-released

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ooh, it automatically prices by country, nice. That'll work.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American McGay posted:

I use both. I have my account tied to my son's switch so if I'm buying him a game I do it on the web and it automatically downloads to his switch. If I'm buying me a game I do it from my Switch.

I've never had any issue with the switch eShop though, I figure because like the majority of adult users I am usually buying a game I want close to its release date so it's going to basically be at the top of the list.

I don't know what you're talking about above saying the eShop doesn't show chronological order, it always has for me

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 1, 2021

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've never had any issue with the switch eShop though, I figure because like the majority of adult users I am usually buying a game I want close to its release date so it's going to basically be at the top of the list.

Yeah, My problem is with their online store. The Switch shop is generally fine, but it can bog down pretty hard, and some of the videos don't work properly.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They're online store I just type the name of the game I want and it takes me right to it.

But it does have a weird issue where it takes forever to load the button to actually purchase it or sometimes even says it is unavailable when it clearly is

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

John Lee posted:

Yo what the gently caress are y'all talking about in here

It tells you right there in the name, duh

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They're online store I just type the name of the game I want and it takes me right to it.

I am nowhere near that decisive. :v:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Sakuna of Rice and Ruin is really good. I love the protagonist and her voice acting.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Stubbs the zombie is out soon the switch is saved

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

American McGay posted:

I use the eshop for the Authentic Nintendo Experience.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Is Nintendo finally going to give up consoles?!?!?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

I mean, isn't that why they only make a portable console with a TV adapter these days?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Zurtilik posted:

according to a growing number of posters, they actually gave that up with the Wii U

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Zurtilik posted:

It's true, they're pivoting back to making playing cards

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Facetious posted:

I mean, isn't that why they only make a portable console with a TV adapter these days?

Lolol

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I bet most of the people complaining about the lack of Switch games haven't even beaten Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate yet.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
You can't complain about the lack of good games if you haven't even played all the good games yet.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
How come there's a page/preorder for everything on the eshop except Legend of Mana?

Also I saw a new Harvest Moon on the eshop and then remembered that Harvest Moon is the bad series now because of dumb name fuckery. But there is also a new Story of Seasons releasing next month apparently (the real Harvest Moon), called Pioneers of Olive Town. I probably won't get it since I haven't even gotten the FoMT remake, but it's nice that it's there I suppose. I've heard nothing about the new SoS.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I think I bought more games for the Switch than I have for the past three Nintendo consoles combined. It’s a very good console. If you want to know what a drought is you should’ve owned a wii U and nothing else in 2016.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

How come there's a page/preorder for everything on the eshop except Legend of Mana?

Also I saw a new Harvest Moon on the eshop and then remembered that Harvest Moon is the bad series now because of dumb name fuckery. But there is also a new Story of Seasons releasing next month apparently (the real Harvest Moon), called Pioneers of Olive Town. I probably won't get it since I haven't even gotten the FoMT remake, but it's nice that it's there I suppose. I've heard nothing about the new SoS.

XSeed games has various content on their site, like mechanics and bachelors, etc., and apparently some youtuber called MilkyT has been showing gameplay videos.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Theres an endless supply of shmups and slay the spire never ends so how can you ever get bored

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Muk Dumpster posted:

Theres an endless supply of shmups and slay the spire never ends so how can you ever get bored

Speaking of shmups... I have a flip grip on the way. Any good shmups to keep on my radar for sales?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

The Postman posted:

Speaking of shmups... I have a flip grip on the way. Any good shmups to keep on my radar for sales?

Sisters Royale. It's a successor to Castle Shikigami.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Gripweed posted:

You can't complain about the lack of good games if you haven't even played all the good games yet.

I just bought Bubble Bobble for $3.99 https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/aca-neogeo-puzzle-bobble-switch/

The OG puzzle shooter.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Takoluka posted:

Sisters Royale. It's a successor to Castle Shikigami.

That looks really fun but I don't know if I can properly enjoy a Castle Shikigami-like game without the bizarre script and voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520p1KUbzjk

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Are vertical ones shmups? I go for the darius/r type/gradius ones over bullet hell

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Muk Dumpster posted:

Are vertical ones shmups? I go for the darius/r type/gradius ones over bullet hell
If anything they're the true shmups. Horizontal ones should be called shmrights

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Martman posted:

:hmmyes:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Coxswain Balls posted:

That looks really fun but I don't know if I can properly enjoy a Castle Shikigami-like game without the bizarre script and voice acting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=520p1KUbzjk

I absolutely adore the bizarre history of Castle Shikigami in the West. I can't get over the fact that they machine translated a script and then dubbed it verbatim. CS3 actually had a decent dub, but the silly charm of "I like girls. But now, it's about justice" is lost, for better or for worse.

Despite all that, Sisters Royale is basically Castle Shikigami 4 in mechanics, and Fumiko is DLC.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Martman posted:

:vince:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Takoluka posted:

...and Fumiko is DLC.

Well gently caress, I guess I have to pick it up then. I still need to replay Castle Shikigami 2 though, I forgot how brilliant some of these lines are. "My name is Ko... and I'm beatin' down evil."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVOZai8cFRI

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Len posted:

Didn't they announce there would not be a switch pro in 2020 before the pandemic geared up and went global?
https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1356165212517220352

Takoluka posted:

I absolutely adore the bizarre history of Castle Shikigami in the West. I can't get over the fact that they machine translated a script and then dubbed it verbatim. CS3 actually had a decent dub, but the silly charm of "I like girls. But now, it's about justice" is lost, for better or for worse.

Despite all that, Sisters Royale is basically Castle Shikigami 4 in mechanics, and Fumiko is DLC.
So it's Mobile Light Force 3?

Speaking of which, I think Mobile Light Force 1 aka Gunbird is on there too. Gunbird 2 is the Psikyo one to get though. Or Dragon Blaze. Still waiting for Strikers 1999 standalone. I know the games had noticeable lag before, but at least trying Gunbird 2 recently, it felt pretty good.

Ikaruga is there too of course. Crimzon Clover for insanity. ESP.Ra.De came out in Japan if you want to spend a chunk. Shmright (:hmmyes:) Progear (and a few others shmups) are in one of the Capcom Arcade Stadium packs ($15 each, $40 for all 3). There's some noticeable lag though, they're aware of it at least so we'll see if anything happens.

And still a bunch more like some later Raidens I think and a bunch of indie ones but no clue which ones are solid.

japtor fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Mar 1, 2021

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here

Martman posted:

Whoa

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Finished getting 100% on Bowser’s Fury. That was really fun now back to 3D World.

Mario rules. Nintendo forever.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Muscle Tracer posted:

i would rather have BOTW2 be good and late than soon and bad. once it's bad and releases, it's bad for good.

Don't worry, SS is coming out in a few months.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Man, that's some optimistic reading of a response in that tweet. The response was clearly talking about special edition models and how they've already announced a few so there are no new announcements at this time and they take it as a coy hint about a switch pro.

Even if they WANTED to do a Switch Pro and had hardware that made it worthwhile, nothing is getting produced in current manufacturing climate.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Switch is still selling like crazy, why kill that momentum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Because the three hundred page resetera thread said so