Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
Id hope so, they charged him for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

OhsH posted:

Id hope so, they charged him for it

lol british money "oi guv, 'attl be four fartings and 2 'anna 'alf squibbins now focque off an enjoy yer poye"

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
For some reason the british people are really proud of Silverstone loving idiotic turns and corners names. Brexit nationalism perhaps?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Now that Brexit has happened there will soon no longer be a Britain so we will have to start referring to all the subnationalities therein by their individual names. This may be problematic to outside discourse as some of them might not deserve ire as the English do. I await further developments to ascertain these facts.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

For some reason the british people are really proud of Silverstone loving idiotic turns and corners names. Brexit nationalism perhaps?

It's called maggots because that's the only thing that will eat their poo poo food

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
perez bad

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Zeta Acosta posted:

Its also weired how they have such a hard on for tracks built on WW2 airfields, but gloss over the war crimes carried out from there.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

This thread jealousy of the UK is pretty sad to see honestly

get in there lewis

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When Lewis retires they should also retire first on the podium. Just have 2nd and 3rd.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Fumble posted:

Its also weired how they have such a hard on for tracks built on WW2 airfields, but gloss over the war crimes carried out from there.

america needs to do this. i remember once i went to a celebratory ball for school in the hanger where they keep the enola gay

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Doing a Google search for "why silverstone is crap", as you do, as well as a TripAdvisor review that boiled down to "I don't know why anyone would dislike this place, I had a great time (also some animal smeared their own poo poo all over the inside of the toilet cubicle including on the door handle)", I found this bit of prime Silverstone wankery:

some dork at The Guardian posted:

And the circuit certainly has history on its side. Of the 33 drivers who have held the drivers’ title, 19 have won the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, starting with Nino Farina, the first champion, in 1950.

Holy poo poo! You say almost two-thirds of the WDCs have won at one particular track in the 70 years it's been on the calendar? That's nearly as impressive as the 20 WDCs who won at Monza in the same period!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Payndz posted:

Doing a Google search for "why silverstone is crap", as you do, as well as a TripAdvisor review that boiled down to "I don't know why anyone would dislike this place, I had a great time (also some animal smeared their own poo poo all over the inside of the toilet cubicle including on the door handle)", I found this bit of prime Silverstone wankery:

Holy poo poo! You say almost two-thirds of the WDCs have won at one particular track in the 70 years it's been on the calendar? That's nearly as impressive as the 20 WDCs who won at Monza in the same period!

I can't comment on the poo poo smeared cubicle, but the Silverstone circuit is cool and good. Sorry about your brainworms.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Fumble posted:

Britain was like 30% airfield by area in ww2.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

congrats you described all the british ppl itt apart from the m5 nitrogen tyres linux guy who can't stop lolling at google stadia but hates apple and wants to hug and kiss max
You decide to root through my post history to own me, and your best try is "Hey check this guy out! He likes nice cars and fair consumer practises!"

lmao just go back to posting about how you don't watch F1 10x a weekend it's really funny my sides split every time.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Khablam posted:

You decide to root through my post history to own me, and your best try is "Hey check this guy out! He likes nice cars and fair consumer practises!"

lmao just go back to posting about how you don't watch F1 10x a weekend it's really funny my sides split every time.

What M5 is it OP?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

ilmucche posted:

Britain was like 30% airfield by area in ww2.

I know, I live in east anglia. Its just odd how much sky etc romance the history of a site used to fire bomb the poo poo out of cities at night.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Fumble posted:

I know, I live in east anglia. Its just odd how much sky etc romance the history of a site used to fire bomb the poo poo out of cities at night.

I think they're 'romancing' the importance of Silverstone as a GP venue, not what the airfield it is built upon was used for. But please do call me out if I missed Crofty knocking one off to the bombing of Dresden or something.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Theophany posted:

I think they're 'romancing' the importance of Silverstone as a GP venue, not what the airfield it is built upon was used for. But please do call me out if I missed Crofty knocking one off to the bombing of Dresden or something.

LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

FAUXTON posted:

lmao

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

i didn't go through your post history, i just noticed by reading threads on the forums

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
i mean congrats on having posts so tedious that they stand out above the usual goon dross, but lol to assume that i'd actually bother going through your post history

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOGWqGO3ezokmn3IZnhWW1KGohe18uJF

Cool doc about the le mans all women racing team. Its a travesty that The Chad is rotting away at loving williams.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

track day bro! posted:

i mean congrats on having posts so tedious that they stand out above the usual goon dross, but lol to assume that i'd actually bother going through your post history
I didn't read this post.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Skarsnik posted:

This thread jealousy of the UK is pretty sad to see honestly

get in there lewis

His shoes are strapped to the skateboard.... So the cheating started at a young age I see.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

FAUXTON posted:

lol

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

FAUXTON posted:

Oh dear

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

The Big Jesus posted:

His shoes are strapped to the skateboard.... So the cheating started at a young age I see.

That's a snakeboard, OP

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

Remember when Perez was with McLaren and somebody hosed up and flew a Mexican flag with a weed leaf on it for the Mexican GP?

Was that the year of the first Mexican GP in like decades? If so that was the most amazing spectacle I had ever seen, even down to the self racist national anthem parody, the whole weekend loving owned.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

thank you OP

Carrier
May 12, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

PhoenixFlaccus
Jul 15, 2011

KFC Famous Bowl
Perez es bueno

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Was that the year of the first Mexican GP in like decades? If so that was the most amazing spectacle I had ever seen, even down to the self racist national anthem parody, the whole weekend loving owned.

That was it. The sombrero Pirelli hats, kazoo national anthem; etc

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLsOGWqGO3ezokmn3IZnhWW1KGohe18uJF

Cool doc about the le mans all women racing team. Its a travesty that The Chad is rotting away at loving williams.
But she's in XTREEEM E, the series of the future for all road course drivers

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fumble posted:

Just Lmao if you think bombing the poo poo out of Nazis and their families is a warcrime.

#BomberHarrisDidNothingWrong

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the totally inefective bombing of dresden was actually good. this may be the dumbest thing i have read on this thread not written by me

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wonder how he caught covid 🤔

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

the totally inefective bombing of dresden was actually good. this may be the dumbest thing i have read on this thread not written by me

Yeah I mean there's people out there who do things like multiply the death toll by 10x as a way of both-sidesing the holocaust (claiming the city was absolutely packed beyond any logical or physical limits with refugees from cities eastward fleeing the advancing red army) but even on the most conservative reading of facts the firebombing was in fact Not Good.

Like there's communication among the allied brass where dudes are like "uh guys dresden is a pretty major conduit for civilians fleeing the eastern front maybe we should reconsider how strategic this bombing really is" and the response is some seriously joker poo poo like "you say that as though it were a bad thing, chaos is what we want"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Silverstone was ruined when they took out the old layout to put in a Starbucks or whatever