Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

What's freaky is having a google home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Glottis posted:

this video triggered my Google Home, which answered it exactly the same at the exact same time except in an American accent. Freaky.

You know what it triggered? The pedant in me, because that's not Alexa!

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

oh no

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

mobby_6kl posted:

You know what it triggered? The pedant in me, because that's not Alexa!

Alexa is the generic name for a listening device in your home. Just like how I use altavista to google stuff. Or use my Nilfisk hoover.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Don't forget your doona

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

BonHair posted:

Alexa is the generic name for a listening device in your home. Just like how I use altavista to google stuff. Or use my Nilfisk hoover.

it's more similar to your parents calling everything a nintendo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sereri posted:

it's more similar to your parents calling everything an Intendo

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Sereri posted:

it's more similar to your parents calling everything a nintendo

In spain is either nintendo or "play" (playstation).

My parents used to call gameboy everything from a Mega Drive to the SNES or even whatever PC game I played back in the days.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Anyway I'm more alarmed at the Google thing sourcing its vast human knowledge from Quora of all things

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Guillermus posted:

In spain is either nintendo or "play" (playstation).

My parents used to call gameboy everything from a Mega Drive to the SNES or even whatever PC game I played back in the days.

My dad used to play Double Dragon II with me on the NES and I believe that for him, the development of video games stopped right there. I wish I could live in the same world as him.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

BonHair posted:

*watching The Conversation with the grandkids* See that, back in OUR day the Alexas had a real live person on the other end, not just some robot. *grandkids roll eyes, drop out of Zoom meeting*

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I like to imagine that sometime in the near future, Amazon discontinues Alexa. Then decades go by and and millennials in old folks homes with dementia start confusing the staff everywhere when they start asking someone named "Alexa" the time, random questions, and to play songs.

Golden Dragon
Apr 9, 2007

Always speak politely to an enraged Dragon

Does this conflict involve the Shrek plush somehow?

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I like to imagine that sometime in the near future, Amazon discontinues Alexa. Then decades go by and and millennials in old folks homes with dementia start confusing the staff everywhere when they start asking someone named "Alexa" the time, random questions, and to play songs.

after the collapse people pray to The Alexa at the ritual fires they keep in their huts\caves. they forage in the ruins of the cities for credit cards to offer up to The Alexa in exchange for small gifts or song lyrics.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Golden Dragon posted:

Does this conflict involve the Shrek plush somehow?

That's all her past lives, waiting for her to have a moment of uncertainty and call on them for advice (this does not happen)

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Heath posted:

Never have, never will
Olives are so loving good.

And one of my favourite drinks is a martini with two or three jumbo blue cheese-stuffed olives.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Everything changed when my pussy attacked.

Edit: Wait, my pussy is obviously a water bender. My back attacked?

CPColin has a new favorite as of 16:59 on Mar 1, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I once bought a bigass plastic container of unpitted red Cerignola olives (like a gallon or so densely packed in brine, like 4 liters of gigantic olives in brine) from a restaurant supply store. Just for me. 160-180 of the biggest and best (well, dyed tho) olives for like :10bux:

Tastiest two weeks of my life imo

stringless has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Mar 1, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Same, but with "Dad was proud/He didn't know how"

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

frankenfreak posted:

God loving drat it...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

frankenfreak posted:

Didn't care how

Also lol

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

burexas.irom has a new favorite as of 18:08 on Mar 1, 2021

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Just this morning I was wondering whether someone had made a loss Caryll rune. Now I'm kinda worried that I might have brought it into existence using mind powers.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

(I saw something like that appended to an imgur dump of ADHD memes a couple months ago, and I'd just like to thank the recent imgur dumps of ADHD memes for making me go "hey wait a minute this all sounds way too familiar")

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Phy posted:

(I saw something like that appended to an imgur dump of ADHD memes a couple months ago, and I'd just like to thank the recent imgur dumps of ADHD memes for making me go "hey wait a minute this all sounds way too familiar")

I've got an initial ADHD assessment due shortly. I've been waiting for it for over a year, and I've only just realised what the flip side of my "oh shut up stop making a fuss and trying to pathologise normal things that everyone does" response to ADHD memes might imply.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

https://twitter.com/420degree/status/1364720723336568832?s=20

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Phy posted:

Memes about ADHD make me absolutely convinced that I have ADHD, but I still don't get checked or anything because the people posting them often are people who've done something with their lives despite untreated ADHD and I figure I must actually just be stupid.

Anyway, that meme is me and DS9 if I get even slightly drunk.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

this is how the carts work on the Genesis, so

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Flint_Paper posted:

I've got an initial ADHD assessment due shortly. I've been waiting for it for over a year, and I've only just realised what the flip side of my "oh shut up stop making a fuss and trying to pathologise normal things that everyone does" response to ADHD memes might imply.

I had a adhd diagnosis all my life, but it turns out long term symptoms of trauma can be almost identical (and respond to adhd meds in childhood)!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

CPColin posted:

Everything changed when my pussy attacked.

Edit: Wait, my pussy is obviously a water bender. My back attacked?
Well crack is obviously wind. Which gets inflamed more, your back or your neck? It's that one.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Splicer posted:

Well crack is obviously wind. Which gets inflamed more, your back or your neck? It's that one.

"backbone" implies strength, so that's earth.

FEMA summer camp
Jan 22, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Anyway, that meme is me and DS9 if I get even slightly drunk.

I've actually met a surprising number of cool people this way

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Biplane posted:

What's freaky is having a google home.

my apartment would terrify you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005