Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

The Klowner posted:

I like the new burgers. I just started playing fairly recently so I don't have any nostalgia for the old burgers so I can say objectively that they look lame

My phone refuses to swipe "burgers" correctly so I'm done with this post now

Level Up: Order any Value Meal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just remembered I’m running a prediction card draft thing lol. Today’s the last day and there’s a big MPL tournament so everything worked out. I’ll hopefully have results and a winner determined tomorrow afternoon.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Level Up: Order any Value Meal

Considering how the current Pokemon Happy Meal is going I can guarantee you someone at WotC is writing ROI on it.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Waiting for funko pops packaged with exclusive cards.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

My favorite frame is the one that's like the current one, but the black border doesn't extend upward to where the artist info and collector number and such are. They have the good readability of the current frame, but the colorful, textured background is visible on more than like 10% of the card.

Compare original Erratic Mutation to remastered Erratic Mutation.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
Posted in discord too but if folks ever wanna draft a power cube that some goons play, lemme know. We draft online and play on cockatrice, happy to share list too.

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Any of yall play on cockatrice? I dont have a good webcam setup to play like that, or gery many decks.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Cockatrice is good. Not as nice as playing with actual cards but hey it can scratch the itch

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

So I found my old card binder and I guess I have some actually valuable stuff? A playset of Windswept Heaths and some Chalices of the Void at least, and probably some other random crap. What would be best way to sell them?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

babypolis posted:

So I found my old card binder and I guess I have some actually valuable stuff? A playset of Windswept Heaths and some Chalices of the Void at least, and probably some other random crap. What would be best way to sell them?

You could start by postin them on the mtg thread in SA Mart. No real experience w other sites.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

babypolis posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3679632&pagenumber=435&perpage=40

Here is the buying / selling thread on SA and it was a pleasure to use for me

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

And just, in general, do some soul searching. Decide between getting value for your cards and time in your life. You can sell them piecemeal, in Facebook groups, with f2f cash transactions and get 100% book value but it will take forever and involve a lot of work, or you can buylist it cardkingdom and have it gone tmw for 40% book value.

Decide where on that 40-100% spectrum your time and energy is worth.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

There are some cool old bordered black cards as well.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Cactrot posted:

I need all of these, thanks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The oldborders and cool and all but I don't...

Cactrot posted:

...want to be playing anything else.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

ButtWolf posted:

Any of yall play on cockatrice? I dont have a good webcam setup to play like that, or gery many decks.

Yes it’s very good

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

Cactrot posted:

These all own. What's really incredible to me is how Dismember, a card I have endlessly played, feels like it has totally new art, despite not having new art.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Abhorrence posted:

These all own. What's really incredible to me is how Dismember, a card I have endlessly played, feels like it has totally new art, despite not having new art.

Oh poo poo, that's the same art?

I just checked, it has new art. Phew. https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=397830

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I was really hoping to see an old border Ad Nauseam. :(

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Drewjitsu posted:

Oh poo poo, that's the same art?

I just checked, it has new art. Phew. https://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=397830

That's not the original art, but it's art that was used in a couple of promos

https://scryfall.com/card/prm/43588/dismember

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Cactrot posted:

The variation in shading for the border is a nice authentic touch.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Damnation at mythic is pretty funny

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

The World Inferno posted:

Funny in a sucky way.

Also, do the time shifted cards have rarities? I can see ones like thoughtseize being worth quite a bit if so.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

It is absolutely wild that this is only the third printing Damnation has had in a print-to-demand set, second if I'm wrong and Masters sets are not print-to-demand.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

The World Inferno posted:

Not as funny as Crovax Ascendant being a mythic rare.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

literally worth less as a mythic than it is as a rare :allears:

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Dysgenesis posted:

Funny in a sucky way.

Also, do the time shifted cards have rarities? I can see ones like thoughtseize being worth quite a bit if so.

It's a single sheet with 121 unique cards, so they are all equally likely. One per pack, so each one is as rare as a mythic.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm not sure I like hybrid or phyrexian mana on the old car borders, looks weird to me

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

According to Maro's article they were considering upshifting Sprout Swarm to mythic until they eventually realised they should just remove it

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Well folks, it's March 1st, 2021 so it is time for your offical

Update!

The window for cards to count in the tally is now closed! Now I just need to go into the records at MTGTop8 and get a list of KHM cards played between January 28th - February 28th and figure out who won this bad boy.

To be honest with you, I came up with the idea and did all of the preliminary work for this during a relatively quiet time at work and I could take care of this while running stuff in the background, but things have really exploded and I'm going to be insanely busy this week. I was hoping to work on this this evening, but something came up and I'm now basically looking at Wednesday evening as being when I can do all the calculations. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to take my money and run or whatever, so if people are concerned that I'm delaying a few days to dodge paying out I can throw the fifty bucks in escrow somewhere. Otherwise just bear with me and I promise I'll get this done ASAP, end of Friday at the latest. If someone has a better way of figuring out how many times each KHM card showed up on MTGTop8 other than just going through and manually checking, please let me know, because that's basically the biggest time commitment here.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

fadam posted:

Update!

The window for cards to count in the tally is now closed! Now I just need to go into the records at MTGTop8 and get a list of KHM cards played between January 28th - February 28th and figure out who won this bad boy.

To be honest with you, I came up with the idea and did all of the preliminary work for this during a relatively quiet time at work and I could take care of this while running stuff in the background, but things have really exploded and I'm going to be insanely busy this week. I was hoping to work on this this evening, but something came up and I'm now basically looking at Wednesday evening as being when I can do all the calculations. I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to take my money and run or whatever, so if people are concerned that I'm delaying a few days to dodge paying out I can throw the fifty bucks in escrow somewhere. Otherwise just bear with me and I promise I'll get this done ASAP, end of Friday at the latest. If someone has a better way of figuring out how many times each KHM card showed up on MTGTop8 other than just going through and manually checking, please let me know, because that's basically the biggest time commitment here.

Did doomskar ever find a home or are most of us about to eat poo poo?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fadam posted:

Update!

...you have a job?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The only cards I remember putting in are doomskar good and that blue foretell exile card bad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
badass

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Does protection from humans mean Yawgmoth can't put a -1/-1 counter on himself?

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

The old bordered angler is going straight into my pauper UB delver deck

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

The Klowner posted:

...you have a job?

Posting's just a hobby.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ariong posted:

Does protection from humans mean Yawgmoth can't put a -1/-1 counter on himself?

That's correct.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just tell us that that one guy who predicted Doomskar would be the most overrated won, because that's probably what it's going to math out to in the end.

(Yes, that's more due to UW eating poo poo as an archetype than due to the card itself, but it still counts)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jabor posted:

Just tell us that that one guy who predicted Doomskar would be the most overrated won, because that's probably what it's going to math out to in the end.

(Yes, that's more due to UW eating poo poo as an archetype than due to the card itself, but it still counts)

The problem is that if Doomskar shows up even once you don't get points if you predict it to not get played.