Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Our office building had been sold so we were in the process of moving to a new one by June / setting up working from home when the notice came down that we had to go into lock down for 2 weeks.

I pessimistically announced to the group, oh we're not gonna be back for 2 months.

<Cut to May and we're going back to the building 1 by 1 to box up all our toys to bring home permanently>

I don't even remember which person gave me this Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head, but it's in a box in the corner now forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Braksgirl posted:

On March 2, 2020, I went on a Disney cruise. I stepped back off the ship in March 6. There was one sailing after mine and then everything shut down.

I went on a chartered fishing trip like the...2nd week of April, I think it was. Getting out of the bay and then seeing the miles long rows of cruise ships just anchored out was loving crazy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I also remember in February hearing that Chinatown was going through some rough times because of racism, which... yeah, so I took a trip in and went absolutely HAM at a bakery.

That's the furthest I've been from my home in a year.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I was on a work trip and remember following the news about the NBA shutdown in my hotel room and then having a very uncomfortable flight home a few days later. The plane was already substantially less full then normal and I thought that would probably be the worst I saw, but then I had to take a few flights in the middle of things and had flights where I was honestly surprised they even bothered to take off.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Our office building had been sold so we were in the process of moving to a new one by June / setting up working from home when the notice came down that we had to go into lock down for 2 weeks.

I pessimistically announced to the group, oh we're not gonna be back for 2 months.

<Cut to May and we're going back to the building 1 by 1 to box up all our toys to bring home permanently>

I don't even remember which person gave me this Darth Vader Mr. Potato Head, but it's in a box in the corner now forever.

I still haven't been able to get back to my office to pick anything up lol. I have a vague memory of leaving an unripe banana on my desk the last day I was in there for a snack the next day, I hope somebody saw it and ate or tossed it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
I took a vacation to Tahoe on the 7th and we were already starting to feel paranoid because they had just found the first case in the county.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looking at some more sweet frogs

https://i.imgur.com/ssm1BuJ.mp4

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

hell yeah

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Looking at the still image I was legit wondering for a second where they were hiding under those leaves before I saw them.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Freaquency posted:

I was on a work trip and remember following the news about the NBA shutdown in my hotel room and then having a very uncomfortable flight home a few days later. The plane was already substantially less full then normal and I thought that would probably be the worst I saw, but then I had to take a few flights in the middle of things and had flights where I was honestly surprised they even bothered to take off.
Around a year ago there was a flight bound from China to the States that the CDC ordered to be grounded and for the passengers to be quarantined, but of course Trump overruled the CDC and here we are

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Kalli posted:

Those frogs are badass. Even in the hand they're still pretty much like "it's OK guys, just be a leaf, it'll be fine"

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Suddenly wishing I'd spent my life working my way up as a basketball referee so I could signal a call like this against a Duke player.

https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1366270716316971011

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
A year ago today I was canvassing for Bernie, the last normal thing before shutting it all down.

Edit:

Grittybeard posted:

Suddenly wishing I'd spent my life working my way up as a basketball referee so I could signal a call like this against a Duke player.

https://twitter.com/HoopMixOnly/status/1366270716316971011

that beats out the incredible Joey Crawford block call/dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZBDHJEsfi8

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 1, 2021

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
poo poo double post!

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Spoeank posted:

A year ago today I was canvassing for Bernie, the last normal thing before shutting it all down.

i went out to vegas for the nv dem caucus last year (or 300 years ago whenever it was) and that was the last thing i did

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Wisconsin!

https://twitter.com/WiStateJournal/status/1366433553827958787?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The only thing that can stop a drunk guy with a car...

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Honest? Probably the best outcome.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
To share something super fuckin' nerdy I did: for those of you who play FFXIV, you might know that the Bard class can play instruments, and someone created a bard player that will play MIDI files into the game. So last night I spent my time editing / arranging a song into my own MIDI file then spent all morning foregoing work recording and compiling this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXENTrZM2i4

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Around a year ago there was a flight bound from China to the States that the CDC ordered to be grounded and for the passengers to be quarantined, but of course Trump overruled the CDC and here we are

It probably first entered America via Europeans.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

On 3/14 we had a first birthday party for my son. It was always going to be family only, but even then we had some people cancel so it went from like 12 people to 8. In hindsight, it was ill advised because things were starting to pop off. The day before was when Illinois announced they were closing schools, and then my daycare announced they were closing, so on 3/16 (my kid's actual birthday) my wife and I started working from home. Aside from running to the office the following Saturday to get what supplies I could, I didn't go back in for like 6 months, and even that was just for a couple of hours.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

https://twitter.com/RateMyTakeaway/status/1366139480114094086

:catstare:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

My wife sent me this, I assume as a veiled threat on my life

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Well I guess anything is pizza if you try hard enough...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, that just seems like it make a much better pizza

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Goddammit I started intermittent fasting again and this isn't helping! :mad:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

seiferguy posted:

To share something super fuckin' nerdy I did: for those of you who play FFXIV, you might know that the Bard class can play instruments, and someone created a bard player that will play MIDI files into the game. So last night I spent my time editing / arranging a song into my own MIDI file then spent all morning foregoing work recording and compiling this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXENTrZM2i4
Interesting choice on the first instrument's part where at the end of the first repeated phrase instead of going high you go low, is that a limitation of the instrument? Is it the sheet music you found? I love To Far Away Times and all Chrono Trigger music.

Skwirl posted:

It probably first entered America via Europeans.
West Coast probably got it from Asia and NYC got it from Europe, the disease had been spreading quietly for a few months so it may have even been in the US before detection protocols had started.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=192&t=1881956

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Past me: Okay, before I do the yard I just need to go to home depot and get a new hose reel because this one sucks. Cool.

Current me: how did I just spend two hundred bucks and why do I have a new ceiling fan

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

It honestly looks pretty good. Just the size of it and the pizza box that looks like the bottom of tge box would fallout from the moisture

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

iwentdoodie posted:

Past me: Okay, before I do the yard I just need to go to home depot and get a new hose reel because this one sucks. Cool.

Current me: how did I just spend two hundred bucks and why do I have a new ceiling fan

Welcome to home ownership. One of us! One of us!

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

iwentdoodie posted:

That reminds me that I have one last cheap fan to replace and cosco has the models of hunter fan i've used to replace the rest. poo poo.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
March 1st, 2020 I was boarding a flight from Phnom Penh back to Alabama. We spent two weeks in South Korea and Cambodia for our MBA class; we had to haul rear end out of SK a day early because we were worried they were going to shut the borders down. That's when my attitude on COVID went from "lol just like SARS amirite" to "ok, this is serious".

I asked and asked whether I should stay home in quarantine, but my boss told me to come on in, where I worked for two days before they said "oh wait, maybe you should quarantine for two weeks". Gotta love it.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

England is a mistake

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

CannonFodder posted:

Interesting choice on the first instrument's part where at the end of the first repeated phrase instead of going high you go low, is that a limitation of the instrument? Is it the sheet music you found? I love To Far Away Times and all Chrono Trigger music.

It's game limitations, there's only 3 octaves to play from, and that particular note is just one note out of range (the player goes up to C6 and that note is C#6!) so I had to drop the octave in order to not lose the note. I could drop the whole portion down but then the entire thing sounds off, so you have to pick and choose there.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Bird in a Blender posted:

Welcome to home ownership. One of us! One of us!

Basically. Its for my office/nerd den, so I grabbed one that I actually like. It has one of the lovely like 30 dollar white ones in there that is loud enough my wife thought I came home early from work and was typing on my loud rear end mechanical keyboard. And doesn't even put out any loving air.

Neil Armbong posted:

That reminds me that I have one last cheap fan to replace and cosco has the models of hunter fan i've used to replace the rest. poo poo.

You're welcome.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

These concessions at Lambeau are getting more and more insane

e: lol

https://twitter.com/AlsoWitch/status/1366172762025385986

Intruder fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Mar 1, 2021

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Reminds me of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-e5gTx1fVU4

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

It's game limitations, there's only 3 octaves to play from, and that particular note is just one note out of range (the player goes up to C6 and that note is C#6!) so I had to drop the octave in order to not lose the note. I could drop the whole portion down but then the entire thing sounds off, so you have to pick and choose there.

clearly you should transpose the entire song down by one key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Kalli posted:

This reminded me that a couple of months ago, I walked outside barefoot to bring a bag of trash to the garbage and I stepped on a big rear end frog with my toe and I freaked out and had the full body squicks. I had blocked it out of my mind because of trauma, but this just brought it back in stunning detail so thanks for that.