Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

What :psyduck:

Somehow I never heard this, he just gradually disappeared from my radar.

https://twitter.com/johnrobertgage/status/1359126695610118145
https://twitter.com/abitonline/status/1359556669764743168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Assistant Manager Devil posted:

What :psyduck:

Somehow I never heard this, he just gradually disappeared from my radar.

The MyPillow guy was harassing him on Twitter so he said he'd start his own leftist pillow company.

It reads as if it started as a joke but then a couple of people have gotten him hyped that he should totally do this man, he could do it. And now hes gone all in on it despite clearly having zero idea what he's doing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Can't wait to see what product can be politized next! Only wearing left or right socks? Has someone done socks yet? Should we do socks?

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can't wait to see what product can be politized next! Only wearing left or right socks? Has someone done socks yet? Should we do socks?

Wait... what? You have non-ambidextrous socks?

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Karia posted:

Wait... what? You have non-ambidextrous socks?

That's dumb. How are you supposed to know which sock goes on your feet?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Cause the ones that go on your hands are called gloves, dummy

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Specific shoes go on specific feet and the same goes for socks. I’m legitimately confused why this is hard to understand.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lol if u don't mark ur shoes L and R on the insoles so when you look down you can see which shoe is which

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I buy half my socks from R companies and half from D, solely so my feet don't get all meta about their spatial/political positions.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Elviscat posted:

I buy half my socks from R companies and half from D, solely so my feet don't get all meta about their spatial/political positions.

You have 2 right feet?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Gats Akimbo posted:

You have 2 right feet?

My friend, they're American feet, there's not a left foot in sight.

Frazzbo
Feb 2, 2006

Thistle dubh

flavor.flv posted:

Cause the ones that go on your hands are called gloves, dummy

Correct. It's from the German word for gloves: Handschuh (hand-shoe).

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

CJacobs posted:

Lol if u don't mark ur shoes L and R on the insoles so when you look down you can see which shoe is which

Same, but your feet.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

steinrokkan posted:

In America activism is only about building up your brand so you can get into next level grifting faster.

This is literally just politics. Literally everyone up to Obama is still desperately chasing clout.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

CJacobs posted:

You take off a shoe every time you need to know which is left and which is right? Right on the toecaps is where those letters belong.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

gleebster posted:

You take off a shoe every time you need to know which is left and which is right? Right on the toecaps is where those letters belong.

The love/hate tats except for telling my feet apart

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SiKboy posted:

Same, but your feet.

Please do not write on my feet

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

It’s a display for pecans.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Another company jumping on a very serious trending hashtag for funsies

In case you're somehow unaware what #FreeBritney is: https://www.harpersbazaar.com/celebrity/latest/a34113034/why-longtime-britney-spears-fans-are-demanding-to-freebritney/

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

https://twitter.com/danieldrucker/status/1359594604618604544

The future is stupid. And that seems pretty wasteful. But mostly stupid.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Do you ever wish Twitter was more like Patreon and also Facebook?

Well, the future is now!
https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/25/22301375/twitter-super-follows-communities-paid-followers

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I got one of these at work and it turns out it mounts like a USB drive and you can put whatever video you want on there.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
So you could literally mail someone a silent rickroll?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

So you could literally mail someone a silent rickroll?

I'm pretty sure there's a speaker in it, so you could mail someone a proper rickroll

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Please do not plug unsolicited electronic junk mail into your work device

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Splicer posted:

Supposedly that's how my company got hit with ransomware last year and now there's a no flash drive policy

We also had no firewall at the time for some reason

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I recently found out that I have admin rights because the admin came to fix something, and didn't have to enter the admin password (this is a new development)

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Iron Crowned posted:

I recently found out that I have admin rights because the admin came to fix something, and didn't have to enter the admin password (this is a new development)
There's a few application control suites out there that can be used to elevate known "safe" actions or just give someone admin rights for like an hour, so everyone can reinstall <3rd party excel addin that breaks every alternate Tuesday and is needed to make the decade+ old HR software work> but still be locked out everything important.

e: or they just put you in the local admin group and forgot to take you out again. Click https://admintest.nothackingyou.splicer.ru/hack.jar to check

Splicer has a new favorite as of 09:52 on Feb 28, 2021

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Splicer posted:

Oh we have airgapped laptops literally for the purpose of installing OEM software, it never went near the plant network.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah in the past when I've needed to install various things to test them out we bought a separate computer with an OEM windows install and a 4g plug in dongle to keep it off the network. It was probably possible to get admin rights etc on a work machine but insanely not worth the hassle. Those security policies are in place for a really good reason, because most of the people working for your company will gently caress up if you let them.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The ol’ “unmarked usb drive in the parking lot” scam never fails

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

https://twitter.com/DeafmemesExe/status/1366197559715364868

Is it intentional? Let's hope not, because they also put it on a baby onesie.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

RoboRodent posted:

"love loving one another? just a reminder, use protection"

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

RoboRodent posted:

https://twitter.com/DeafmemesExe/status/1366197559715364868

Don't teach your baby sign language. Problem solved.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Zero One posted:

Don't teach your baby sign language. Problem solved.

A surprising number of modern parenting guides recommend it. Turns out babies get manual dexterity faster than being able to vocalize coherently, so you get a leg up on communicating with your kid, so you know in advance when they gotta take a poo poo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Even chimps and gorillas can understand ASL, and babies learn fast.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That shits fake as hell dude. You think your dog understands you when you hold out your hand for a treat, no, it's just expecting a treat.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tunicate posted:

A surprising number of modern parenting guides recommend it. Turns out babies get manual dexterity faster than being able to vocalize coherently, so you get a leg up on communicating with your kid, so you know in advance when they gotta take a poo poo.

I haven't looked in a while but iirc there were some pretty credible studies that while babies can sign before they can talk, doing this delays verbal language in a significant way which is probably not a worthwhile trade-off

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

On the other hand that means you don't have to hear them yammering on about stuff for longer. Like I know you want your goddamn BEEBEE BAABAA, kid, shut up about it already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

The Bloop posted:

I haven't looked in a while but iirc there were some pretty credible studies that while babies can sign before they can talk, doing this delays verbal language in a significant way which is probably not a worthwhile trade-off

i mean i wouldn't consider 'being able to communicate in a legitimate language earlier than usual' a tradeoff, unless you think sign is a downgrade somehow