Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

jink posted:

I don't blame him... I've had mine since 2014 and I've done every repair out of warranty. The car sucks and always breaks but it is fun.

However, if anyone has an N54 make sure you have replaced the HPFP, Injectors with Index 12, oil cooler gasket, valve cover gasket, etc. This car will destroy itself if you aren't ON TOP OF THE MAINTENANCE.

Yeah, this is what I recommend to my friends. I try to steer them to a 128i though. :)

128 with an m sport package, crimson red/le mans blue, slick top and manual is my dream BMW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hey man, anything to distract from my E92 disaster.

what happened?

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

no updates from my last post, the steering is just still hosed and i still get the whum-whum-whum noise. need to get it on a lift somewhere but after having this problem looked at probably a dozen times, and sinking thousands into repairs that didn't fix it, you could say i'm pessimistic.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Russian Bear posted:

128 with an m sport package, crimson red/le mans blue, slick top and manual is my dream BMW.

This is my dream BMW for DD type of duties. It is the modern E36 M3.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Granted mine was a sport and not a M sport but I didn't particularly care for mine.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
My dealership just got a G82 M4 in and oh man do I like the Yas Marina interior in person way more than I expected to.

and Frozen brilliant white metallic is also very cool.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

hey man, anything to distract from my E92 disaster.

drat...

Well mine is sure to do the trick...

I don't know what my dad did to this interior but it is super hosed.

The kick of the twin turbos is intoxicating though. There's just so much torque it'll pull hard at any speed.

2009 was a pretty rough year for car interiors. Honestly I prefer the interior of my base model 2020 corolla lmao.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
e: nvm let me check with him

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

What the actual gently caress? I showed up at my BMW dealership Saturday because I knew they would be getting delivery of a tester M3, and I showed up literally right after it was pulled off the truck - it wasn't even coded yet and the screens didn't turn on. I talked to a sales rep and they said they'd call me Monday (today) after it was coded for a test drive. I just got a call and someone bought it, sight unseen, between then and now. It's not even officially out yet. :psyduck:

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

KillHour posted:

What the actual gently caress? I showed up at my BMW dealership Saturday because I knew they would be getting delivery of a tester M3, and I showed up literally right after it was pulled off the truck - it wasn't even coded yet and the screens didn't turn on. I talked to a sales rep and they said they'd call me Monday (today) after it was coded for a test drive. I just got a call and someone bought it, sight unseen, between then and now. It's not even officially out yet. :psyduck:

Why would you be surprised that a new generation of an iconic performance car has the first few delivered cars snapped up the second they hit the lot?

I think half of my dealerships initial allotment were sold before they were even put on the boat to the US.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I wouldn't expect to drive anything that's not an explicit demo car for like a few months.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The thing is that was a demo car and a dealership 90 mins away said they definitely weren't supposed to sell it yet. Guess I'll have to drive there to test drive one.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

rule number one of dealerships: do not trust dealerships. ever.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
don't buy that loving Doo Doo lookin rear end car

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I'm gonna buy it in baby poo poo brown

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
back in the day the mark 4 supra came in a metallic brown-ish color called anthracite, it was eventually renamed MSB or monkey-poo poo brown since everyone hated it. now everyone wants it.

I, for one, support your baby poo poo brown car want

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Thing I realized looking at it in person - everyone photographs it from 2 feet away with a fisheye lens at bumper height and that's why it looks like it has a ginormous grille. In reality, it's a relatively small car (much closer to my Focus than my Stinger) with a proportionate grille.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

KillHour posted:

The thing is that was a demo car and a dealership 90 mins away said they definitely weren't supposed to sell it yet. Guess I'll have to drive there to test drive one.

I doubt it was an actual manufacturer demo car. The current situation is that cars already at the dealer are available for sale. The customer just can’t take delivery of them until the official March 12th launch event.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kill me now posted:

I doubt it was an actual manufacturer demo car. The current situation is that cars already at the dealer are available for sale. The customer just can’t take delivery of them until the official March 12th launch event.

Supposedly, the dude already took delivery, but the sales lady might have just been saying that. Another sales person at another dealership told me it's possible to order the AWD versions already so who the hell knows any more.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

KillHour posted:

Thing I realized looking at it in person - everyone photographs it from 2 feet away with a fisheye lens at bumper height and that's why it looks like it has a ginormous grille. In reality, it's a relatively small car (much closer to my Focus than my Stinger) with a proportionate grille.

I'll have to see one in person but it still looks all hosed up to me. I'm totally biased, but the F8x just looks so, so much better. I think a huge part of it is the hood lines leading towards the pig snout.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
the pig snout is so dumb, everyone just wait 3 years it will be phased out........:smith: please?

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

I dunno I keep seeing new 7ers and X7s and they also have stupid big grills and people are buying them. They are more just LOLhuge than aggressively snouty like the M3 though.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Dogshit car for dogshit blokes

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

They'll get everybody used to an engine bay with F150-grade headroom, and then if they ever try to go to a lower profile ever again they'll never be able to fit a contemporary engine in there

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Carvana is giving me 28.5k for my 2011 e90 m3 with 55k miles or so. Nothing interesting or fun (no 6mt, no slicktop, no comp package). I freaking hate selling cars private party, so I will take it.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

gvibes posted:

Carvana is giving me 28.5k for my 2011 e90 m3 with 55k miles or so. Nothing interesting or fun (no 6mt, no slicktop, no comp package). I freaking hate selling cars private party, so I will take it.

Why are you selling it?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Why are you selling it?
I am going to buy a 911 turbo turbo of some sort soon. Maybe by tomorrow.

e: Really, I want a manual again.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 2, 2021

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

fknlo posted:

I'll have to see one in person but it still looks all hosed up to me. I'm totally biased, but the F8x just looks so, so much better. I think a huge part of it is the hood lines leading towards the pig snout.

Picture is still taken way too low. Looks like they got down on one knee or something to take it. But even in that picture, it looks fine to me. Then again, I'm not looking for a subtle/sleeper car - I want the brightest, loudest angriest thing on 4 wheels.

Edit: I had to screenshot a video to find a realistic angle. When you see them IRL, you realize how LOOOOOONG the hood is, and how that balances out the really tall straight front end.

IRL, it's also MUCH more evident that the grille is angled forward like the E28 M5, which is pretty cool. They should've gone all the way with vertical slats though.

Speaking of...

Good picture:

Pig nose:

I'm not claiming the new M4 looks as good as an E28 M5. Don't @ me.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 2, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
:ughh:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm convinced, this shockingly ugly car is in fact not ugly

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

gvibes posted:

I am going to buy a 911 turbo turbo of some sort soon. Maybe by tomorrow.

e: Really, I want a manual again.

Nice. Nice.

Which one?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Residency Evil posted:

Nice. Nice.

Which one?
I have an offer out on a 996.

Could also swing a bit higher mileage 997 if I can ever find one.

gvibes fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Mar 2, 2021

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

How is a blind man posting on a forum. Technology really is amazing

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

How is a blind man posting on a forum. Technology really is amazing

Screen readers exist but you missed the obvious joke about me being able to drive.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I don’t believe u can drive op I haven’t even seen so much as a crumb of burnout video

SlapActionJackson
Jul 27, 2006

I'm just excited that my F80 will finally be "the last good M3"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SlapActionJackson posted:

Except the G80 is going to get a CSL.

Bape Culture posted:

I don’t believe u can drive op I haven’t even seen so much as a crumb of burnout video

If my iRating is anything to go by, I cannot.

KillHour fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Mar 2, 2021

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
in 15 years that grille will be an iconic design, just wait :v:

thealphabetsez
Jun 1, 2004

SlapActionJackson posted:

Haha. It’s funny how that sentiment has been ever present over the years. Now, so long as a turbo-6 remains the power plant, it’s doubtful there will be a, “last good M3” contender to take the reigns from the [insert E30, E46, E9X] depending on your leaning. F8X —> G8X is more an example of the iterative development process, akin to buying an iPhone XS from X.

I’m looking forward to seeing the new M3/4 in-person. Seeing the new 4er hasn’t left me with much excitement, yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

KillHour posted:

Picture is still taken way too low. Looks like they got down on one knee or something to take it. But even in that picture, it looks fine to me. Then again, I'm not looking for a subtle/sleeper car - I want the brightest, loudest angriest thing on 4 wheels.

Edit: I had to screenshot a video to find a realistic angle. When you see them IRL, you realize how LOOOOOONG the hood is, and how that balances out the really tall straight front end.

IRL, it's also MUCH more evident that the grille is angled forward like the E28 M5, which is pretty cool. They should've gone all the way with vertical slats though.

Speaking of...

Good picture:

Pig nose:

I'm not claiming the new M4 looks as good as an E28 M5. Don't @ me.

Speaking as one of the last E28 owners who still posts here, I am compelled to point out how lovely and wrong this post is in every single way.