Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Yeah Nah?
This poll is closed.
Yeah Nah 122 53.51%
Nah Yeah 64 28.07%
Nah Yee 18 7.89%
No Yes 9 3.95%
Yes No 15 6.58%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ShoeFly
Dec 28, 2006

Waiter, there's a fly in my shoe!

Google knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Nah they'll just make a new skin suit for him.

never seen a ghoul before smoothskin?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Do we at least get a day off if he dies?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do we at least get a day off if he dies?
He gets a day off each of us his loyal subjects so that he may live.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

NSW Gooch Watch decline to pursue investigation into the cabinet rapist

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

bell jar posted:

NSW Gooch Watch decline to pursue investigation into the cabinet rapist

The longer this drags on, the more im getting pissed off at anyone who hides behind "Its a matter for the police" while knowing that the cops arent going to do anything because the victim is dead.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Yeah okay buddy

https://twitter.com/PeterJohnLaw/status/1366571658404790274

Assessor of Maat
Nov 20, 2019

Homora Gaykemi posted:

these people seriously have no idea what they're complaining about lmao. like yeah, trans men definitely have no experience with menstruation, i'm sure

ah, ah, but any acknowledgment that trans men exist begins to undermine (what they claim to be) the basis of their various weird fixations, can't have that now can we? tantamount to an admission they're wrong

really is impressive how quickly these types fall apart under even mild scrutiny

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
https://kangaroocourtofaustralia.co...ornton-in-1988/

Turnbull gave a very big hint that Porter or someone else was talking to the victim recently and that may have caused her to end her life.

There’s a photo on news.com of Porter and the victim together in the night of the incident.

https://www.news.com.au/national/po...d67967075284bbf

With the AG invoked this is a national security threat.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 2, 2021

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Does anyone know about any of SCL's operations in Australia, or any of these people? (Cambridge Analytica's parent company)

https://archive.vn/nwqiU

Also here is Riccardo Bossi of the Australia One Party, talking about rescuing children from Deep Underground Military Bases, if anyone has any information about him or the AOP that would be useful too:

https://twitter.com/WakeAustralia/status/1366607873992654848?s=20

edit to clarify - That "Wake Up Australia" account is indeed a COVID-denier, but there are a handful in that scene who have realised there is something extremely fishy going on, such as these fuckwits talking about kids in tunnels with Sacha Stone. This tweet is calling them out, not saying "omg kids in tunnels"

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 2, 2021

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

https://twitter.com/politicsabc/status/1366642468658184193?s=19

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

these people seriously have no idea what they're complaining about lmao. like yeah, trans men definitely have no experience with menstruation, i'm sure

Not AusPol TERFery, but this reminds me of the the weirdo blonde gun loving conservative American who thought she was being clever by asking "how would you feel if there were tampons in the mens toilets?" in a supposed gotcha against trans rights gone mad. But the bloke she asked was a trans man and he very calmly went "Yeah, that'd be nice. I sometimes have issues, and it'd be nice to be able to get tampons in the mens shitters." whilst she looked on blankly. Obviously unaware she was talking to a filthy gender traitor and abomination under god.

TERFs are horrifyingly hateful arseholes, but they are also arseholes in the way they despise trans women, but ignore trans men.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 2, 2021

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

I can see this working if we also somehow stop the boats that regularly bring drugs in over the water. Or the mobile meth labs people put in the sand dunes. Or the weed they grow in the middle of nowheresville. Yup.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Konomex posted:

I can see this working if we also somehow stop the boats that regularly bring drugs in over the water. Or the mobile meth labs people put in the sand dunes. Or the weed they grow in the middle of nowheresville. Yup.

Or the people who don't cross at the two locations that are monitored

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

It'll be pretty great if we're all expecting Porter to step out but it's actually Morrison

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
https://twitter.com/jamesglenday/status/1366656207268716544

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Konomex posted:

Habit Proof Fence

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Defamation lawyer

gently caress's sake.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What if it turns out it isn't who everyone thinks it is?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What if it turns out it isn't who everyone thinks it is?

I'm going be shocked personally. Can you imagine a cabinet member drawn from the ranks of the LNP being a rapist? I cast my eye down the column of names in that spreadsheet from earlier and I just can't picture it.

Urcher
Jun 16, 2006

Scott Morrison dismissed for "serious misconduct" after a complaint described as "highly inappropriate intimate sexual behaviour and conduct".

This is about professor of mathematics Dr Scott Morrison, who was dismissed from the ANU and is now persuing an unfair dismissal claim. This hasn't been in the news much, is it: (a) not newsworthy, (b) not reportable because there is a more famous Scott Morrison, (c) being hushed up by the ANU, or (d) all of the above?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Buck Turgidson posted:

I'm going be shocked personally. Can you imagine a cabinet member drawn from the ranks of the LNP being a rapist? I cast my eye down the column of names in that spreadsheet from earlier and I just can't picture it.

Look, this may be a controversial statement. And I realise it may paint me as a bad guy, and I am definitely not painting anyone with an accusation of committing this specific rape. But,

I struggle not to imagine any current cabinet member as not a rapist.

Sierra Madre
Dec 24, 2011

But getting to it. That's not the hard part.

It's letting go.

Assessor of Maat posted:

ah, ah, but any acknowledgment that trans men exist begins to undermine (what they claim to be) the basis of their various weird fixations, can't have that now can we? tantamount to an admission they're wrong

really is impressive how quickly these types fall apart under even mild scrutiny

I'd argue that, if anything, TERFs acknowledge without outright stating (because they can't go that far) that trans men are men. All these conversations and talking points stem from those bathroom warrior types, most if not all of whom are just straight-up reactionaries, but that can easily be spun as a TERF point once you talk about one half of gendered bathrooms as 'women's spaces.' The consequence of this is that the focus is almost entirely on trans women, and trans men get left out because they're not the ones going into women's spaces. Since when did feminist conversations about safe spaces for women factor in men outside the spaces?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Accusations of rape against ministers will now be treated as an 'on water matter'.

The government will be taking no further questions.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Independent for Freemantle

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Pretty loving furious reading this from 2018.

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/i-believe-you-your-country-believes-you-pm-s-apology-to-child-sex-abuse-survivors

quote:

'I believe you, your country believes you': PM's apology to child sex abuse survivors

Prime minister Scott Morrison has delivered an emotional apology to the thousands of Australians who suffered sexual abuse as children at the hands of institutions that were trusted with their care[...]

As a father of two daughters, I can't comprehend the magnitude of what she has faced. Not just as a father, but as a prime minister, I am angry too at the calculating destruction of lives and the abuse of trust.

A survivor named Rodney asked the question so common to so many survivors. He wonders about the "person I may have become or the person I could have become, if I did not have all of this in my life".
Death can take many forms. In this case, the loss of a life never lived and a life denied.

Another survivor, Aidan, spoke of not getting justice, because his abuser had died.
He said, "I was bereft because I was robbed. I was robbed of my day in court. I wanted to tell the world what he did. That was stolen. That was him, again, taking control."

Mr Speaker, today, as a nation, we confront our failure to listen, to believe, and to provide justice.

Nothing has changed after years.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I mean look how quick the US Democrats we're at making excuses not to listen when those allegations against Biden came out. It's easy to apologise when you don't know the victims, yet always seems to be more complicated when it's someone you know or like...

DeathMuffin
May 25, 2004

Cake or Death

Sierra Madre posted:

I'd argue that, if anything, TERFs acknowledge without outright stating (because they can't go that far) that trans men are men. All these conversations and talking points stem from those bathroom warrior types, most if not all of whom are just straight-up reactionaries, but that can easily be spun as a TERF point once you talk about one half of gendered bathrooms as 'women's spaces.' The consequence of this is that the focus is almost entirely on trans women, and trans men get left out because they're not the ones going into women's spaces. Since when did feminist conversations about safe spaces for women factor in men outside the spaces?

Some of them go that far - UniMelb's very own walking hostile teaching environment... https://hollylawfordsmith.files.wordpress.com/2020/10/trans_men_are_men_but_transwomen_are_not_women-1.pdf

TERF orthodoxy, at least this week, is that all trans women conform to the Blanchard typology (either self-hating gays or fetishists depending on sexual orientation) and all trans men are just victims of patriarchy who are trying to escape persecution by becoming men.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Morrison at that point had already been overseer of the detention camps where rape of refugees is rampant so his words rang hollow even then.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

Looks like Australia is finally having a reckoning with toxic masculinity and rape culture.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/defence-chief-angus-campbell-tells-cadets-to-avoid-being-prey-to-predators-20210303-p577bf.html posted:

The nation’s top military officer told first-year cadets not to make themselves “prey” to sexual predators while being out late at night “alone” and “attractive”.

General Angus Campbell told the new recruits at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra to protect themselves by avoiding the attention of would-be predators.

The ADF chief said the cadets needed to not fall victim to the “Four A’s”: alcohol, out after midnight, alone and attractive.

Oh nevermind

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ColtMcAsskick posted:

I mean look how quick the US Democrats we're at making excuses not to listen when those allegations against Biden came out. It's easy to apologise when you don't know the victims, yet always seems to be more complicated when it's someone you know or like...

Doesn't have to be a guy people wish for excuses for, remember this dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccXpDhMmBY

One of the most powerful dudes in the US, sets legal precedent that rattles the entire globe

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
What? Have men control their penises? IMPOSSIBLE!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-03/sarah-hanson-young-david-leyonhjelm-defamation-appeal/13210042

Suck all that poo poo cat hat.

WMM died in custody after a lengthy term of imprisonment. He had been imprisoned for almost nine years. He died from natural causes after an extensive history of significant kidney disease which led to significant morbidity and irreversible complications. The requirement for haemodialysis placed him at very high risk of sudden cardiac death.

ISSUES RAISED
Mental health / cognitive impairment.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nat_forrest/status/1366947619197521929

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

But, in reality, I know I'm just going to be disgusted with the entire thing and expecting any sort of acknowledgement or contrition is a fool's errand.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Can't wait for him to face zero consequences and be back to everything as it was tomorrow hell yeah AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mood:

https://twitter.com/patregular/status/1366955340193914881?s=20

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

Can't wait for him to face zero consequences and be back to everything as it was tomorrow hell yeah AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

finally our long national nightmare has just begun

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

lmao

It speaks volumes that basically everybody assumed it was Porter to begin with. An absolute slimeball.

He's a creepy authoritarian with his policies and the awful poo poo he and Dutton have done to damage the rule of law in the country may never be undone.

That he's also (allegedly) violated and destroyed individuals on a personal level yet will probably see no justice is not a good feeling.

Seems he's late for his press conference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Hate yourself, hate the world.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-03/live-stream-cabinet-minister-christian-porter-speaks/13210964

EDIT:

quote:

"I was the victim of a whispering campaign"

going right in with making himself the victim.

quote:

trial by media

He's going for the bingo!

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 3, 2021