Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I didn’t know this was gonna be a horse game I fuckin love horse games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The official trailer should use this as the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPFZrRD3J8

lol drat never thought I'd see the RTÉ logo in this blessed thread

:unsmith:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol drat never thought I'd see the RTÉ logo in this blessed thread

:unsmith:

My dad's a Derry man so even though I grew up in the US I've become familiar with a fair amount of Irish and UK poo poo lol.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The hardest part of Elden Ring will be that they took the horse AI from Witcher 3.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

My dad's a Derry man so even though I grew up in the US I've become familiar with a fair amount of Irish and UK poo poo lol.

When I was really young, I was on holidays in Portugal with a load of Irish kids and there was a guy in the group from NI. He kept telling us he was from "Londonderry".
I never in my life had heard it called Londonderry and I thought he was taking the piss lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I was really young, I was on holidays in Portugal with a load of Irish kids and there was a guy in the group from NI. He kept telling us he was from "Londonderry".
I never in my life had heard it called Londonderry and I thought he was taking the piss lol

*Up the ra intensifies*

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bust Rodd posted:

Bust Rodd is a horse girl confirmed

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Vikar Jerome posted:

please, someone invent elden ring

testing something here: i wish everyone in this thread gets invented with all their wildest hopes and dreams.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bust Rodd posted:

Yo bust you got a copy of My Horse And Me Riding For Gold? I hear it's fantastic and I got one in stock :)

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I gotta try it myself one day I'm not too busy and see if it lives up to the hype.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

[high off of eating two hotdogs and drinking one beer] Ben Mendelsohn should voice a character in Elden Ring

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

[high off of eating two hotdogs and drinking one beer] Ben Mendelsohn should voice a character in Elden Ring

:hmmyes:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

boop the snoot posted:

The hardest part of Elden Ring will be that they took the horse AI from Witcher 3.

trash tier witcher/uncharted/tlou horse ai came from grubby westerners who see horses as machinery therefor create horse simulacra that control like their dull divined machine facsimiles, only the venerable japanese dev may delve into the necessary thingness of equine soul essence that causes a horse to look, feel, and act like a horse, for only a japanese dev has ever truly whispered to the noble beasts in an attempt to render them docile to our gaming whims and fantasies, tangibly both tactile and attitudinally harmonious with the proper tiers of ki, zen scripture, and shinto stone deity...though many a santa monica beach bum and eurojank glitch peddler have tried to follow in these noble footsteps, their efforts in vain, lost to time, calcified in mediocrity

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

yes, thank god the japanese will finally add animation cancelling horse combo attacks with a rating system

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Calm
Buckin'
Arabian
Saddlebred
Super Stud
Smokin' Shetland Stallion

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

horses are just cars from before people had the language to know what a car was, and are mechanically insignificantly different

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

trash tier witcher/uncharted/tlou horse ai came from grubby westerners who see horses as machinery therefor create horse simulacra that control like their dull divined machine facsimiles, only the venerable japanese dev may delve into the necessary thingness of equine soul essence that causes a horse to look, feel, and act like a horse, for only a japanese dev has ever truly whispered to the noble beasts in an attempt to render them docile to our gaming whims and fantasies, tangibly both tactile and attitudinally harmonious with the proper tiers of ki, zen scripture, and shinto stone deity...though many a santa monica beach bum and eurojank glitch peddler have tried to follow in these noble footsteps, their efforts in vain, lost to time, calcified in mediocrity

Roach is many things but he sure as poo poo doesn't control like a machine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I like that guy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Kazzah posted:

Roach is many things but he sure as poo poo doesn't control like a machine

truly we disagree

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Thread mascot in trouble, stay healthy

https://twitter.com/108/status/1366564693008080898

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Huh, so it is literally just Dark Souls :hellyeah:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

Huh, so it is literally just Dark Souls :hellyeah:

Its Souls++ featuring a new setting and some new gameplay that doesn't need to be exactly like souls so they can play around a bit

Which is basically exactly what they should do.

Givin' the people what they want :)

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Why does anyone give a single poo poo about that boring looking game

e I guess more constructively, "why is it as big a deal as it is"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Because From Software makes phenomenal video games and people are looking forward to their next one

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

Don’t post like this

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Regy Rusty posted:

Because From Software makes phenomenal video games and people are looking forward to their next one

This is what I was essentially thinking, I'll take it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
what's it with doggo avatars and being oblivious to FROM?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Rinkles posted:

what's it with doggo avatars and being oblivious to FROM?

I didn't realize it was from until this evening, someone was going on and on about it at work but didn't know anything about it, it reminded me of how excited I was by the cyberpunk trailer when it came out in 1995

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I am now a couple of hours into Nier:A and in a pleasantly weird state of confusion. The game is fun and the switching between 3D, 2D, bullet hell and almost schmup is unusual. The story is both unclear and unpredictable with seemingly nonsensical events and yet the base story seems clear.
However, I am drowning in items I have no use for yet, chips I don't dare fuse because I am hoping for one with less cost and a bunch of weapons I don't really understand the difference between.
Oh and the music is phenomenal.

Question: There is a sidequest called speed-something and I am to race a saucer robot. However, after failing once, the quest says to try again but I can't find the guy anymore now that I have a bunch of movement chips. Did I maybe mess that up by advancing the main plot?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No, he should be back at the start but you might have to leave the area for a bit to reset it. There's virtually nothing you can miss permanently.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Hopper posted:

I am now a couple of hours into Nier:A and in a pleasantly weird state of confusion. The game is fun and the switching between 3D, 2D, bullet hell and almost schmup is unusual. The story is both unclear and unpredictable with seemingly nonsensical events and yet the base story seems clear.
However, I am drowning in items I have no use for yet, chips I don't dare fuse because I am hoping for one with less cost and a bunch of weapons I don't really understand the difference between.
Oh and the music is phenomenal.

Question: There is a sidequest called speed-something and I am to race a saucer robot. However, after failing once, the quest says to try again but I can't find the guy anymore now that I have a bunch of movement chips. Did I maybe mess that up by advancing the main plot?

the weapons have different move sets depending on the weapon and where you have it equipped and what type of weapon you have in the other slot

they also have different max upgrade stats but that's not going to be relevant to you for a very, very long time.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Elden Ring does look like advanced Dark Souls with some bloodborne esque movement. However, seeing as I like Dark Souls and adore and love Bloodborne, there is no problem! :)

Probably going to move my PS4 into my office this evening and do some Tuesday Evening Dark Souls streaming! Quick question, can the PS4 be connected OK to a 1440p monitor? I feel like this was a discussion point about the PS4/PS5 somewhere but cannot find it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Quick question, can the PS4 be connected OK to a 1440p monitor? I feel like this was a discussion point about the PS4/PS5 somewhere but cannot find it.

The PS4 will only do max 1080p to your screen, the PS4/Pro/5 don’t support outputting at 1440p.
It’ll work fine!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

The PS4 will only do max 1080p to your screen, the PS4/Pro/5 don’t support outputting at 1440p.
It’ll work fine!

Excellent! Thank you :) It is my lovely g-sync monitor and I have not used the HDMI on it yet.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

dreamt of the riftlands last night, and my horse, timber the tigerhorse.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Simone Magus posted:

I think I'm on chapter 5 or 7 myself?

I have a really hard time going back to games after a few weeks, even if they're as good as Yakuza

Yakuza is the only series where i take like a year to beat each game. Like a Dragon is the only time I actually beat the game quickly but I really loved it.

I dunno what it is about the games but I can easily take a 3 month break and pick back up like nothing happened, until I get to the part where the story is ramping up near the end and then I beat it as quickly as possible

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Inspector Hound posted:

its dark souls but with
-A dedicated jump button
-An open world (HM says "open field")
-Horseyriding and mounted combat
-A stealth system
-A weather system
-A day night cycle

its gonna be like when switch owners (myself included) wouldnt shut up about how good and better than other open world games BOTW is, basically.

Eat My Ghastly Ass
Jul 24, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

“why are people hyped about the next game made by a developer who has made some of the most critically-acclaimed games of the last decade”

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Veeg, the piss5 thread is a nice place and also it wants you to live there, plz come over and stay forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

I'm getting Knack 2 instead of Remnant for PS Plus this month. How is that? I never played the first as well.