Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Divot posted:

I guess the question is, what are the meme SPAC's that would benefit from an Elon tweet?

funny names like cool and lmao?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I hope some rich Australian launches one and calls it $oval office

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Parking a chunk in FSNB.U, couldn’t resist half a percent over NAV for pre split units.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

pixaal posted:

funny names like cool and lmao?

Last Minute Acquisition Organization

Incorporating now

e: ahaha there actually is a LMAO. Maybe you already knew that. I didn't.

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 2, 2021

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

Question for FistEnergy, et al

BCYP is below $10, is it unusual for a SPAC to dip below the $10 threshold?

vote_no
Nov 22, 2005

The rush is on.

Burn Zone posted:

The explanation I've heard here is that it's not uncommon, because it's better to get $9 out now instead of getting $10 much later when the SPAC fails to acquire anything.

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
We also see poo poo fall below $10 when they announce a DA and the market doesn't like the target company yeah?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Burn Zone posted:

By a tiny amount is not that unusual. It will almost certainly head north of $10 again in the near future though. Not really an issue if you're holding unless you need to liquidate asap.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

vote_no posted:

The explanation I've heard here is that it's not uncommon, because it's better to get $9 out now instead of getting $10 much later when the SPAC fails to acquire anything.

I understand not wanting to have your money held up while the SPAC dissolves, but BCYP is less than 2 months old and I haven't seen any news, still seems like a solid hold for now. I suppose if it stays below 10 for a couple of days we have a problem.

FistEnergy posted:

By a tiny amount is not that unusual. It will almost certainly head north of $10 again in the near future though. Not really an issue if you're holding unless you need to liquidate asap.

Makes sense, no need to liquidate here so holding.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Really, anything below $10 is free money unless you think the SPAC is going to steal the trust and disappear, which hasn't happened yet lmao

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
Anyone know anything about STWO? I stumbled upon them while reading an article about the future of lab-grown meat.

I’m not really sure exactly what people mean when they say to “do your research” before buying a SPAC, but I saw that it was close to NAV so I just figured PRESS BUY BUTAN

moctopus
Nov 28, 2005

ACND is below $10.

I think they had a DA that wasn't well received.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

moctopus posted:

ACND is below $10.

I think they had a DA that wasn't well received.

It was trash and they should feel bad.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
News flash: This loving sucks. Hold.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Yep and ok.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
AACU is at 10.15

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
I never thought I would see it, but NSTB is almost back down to NAV, I fear this one may dip below $10.

drowningidiot
Sep 27, 2014
My biggest position is FPAC and it’s not happy at the moment. It’s also the first time I’ve had warrants.

As much as this all sucks it could be a whole lots worse. I’m in 3 spacs below 10.70 and an all market ETF. Not exactly loving it but everything is holding up relatively well all things considered.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
In times like these... I guess I can get work done instead of staring at number.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
OP please rename thread to SPAC in Red

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So is this the first time Elon tweets and everything goes down?

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power
This is my first correction and the scariest part is just the doomsaying and people freaking out hardcore in other forums. I get it since a lot of peoples portfolios probably crashed, but man it's kind of stressful to read. I'm trying to throw more I can afford at it and average all my positions down and hope for the best. I've averaged down to below 10.40 on most stuff now at least so worst case its an expensive lesson

Meow Tse-tung fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 2, 2021

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
I am pretty new to the SPAC game but I don’t see any reason to get all worried about your holdings that don’t even have rumors or DA yet... right? I actually sold my FPAC around 10.50 to free up cash for another trade and now that it’s back to like 10.05 I’m about to get back in.

My FPAC warrants on the other hand do look like poo poo, but again I’m not feeling worried about it at all.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost
My warrants are getting absolutely destroyed. I bought some more late last week thinking that was a dip but looks like I was wrong on that. My commons aren’t great either but I tried to avoid high flyers and post-DA names. CRHC, MTAC, SCVX are all down but they are all pre-DA anyway. I kind of think a lot of these may dip into sub-$10 territory soon.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

SRNG units are under 10.80

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

LMAO seemed like a potential meme target but it's run by LMFA who...help collect on delinquent accounts for HOAs in Florida as far as I can tell. I'm not an expert but that isn't what I would look for in management.
Also they're targeting fintech.
Even though it's cheap I have trouble seeing memes sticking to something to blatantly unsexy.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Shear Modulus posted:

SRNG units are under 10.80

A lot of people can't buy them :/ So I mean, it's good if you want a low price I am saying.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Tetramin posted:

I am pretty new to the SPAC game but I don’t see any reason to get all worried about your holdings that don’t even have rumors or DA yet... right? I actually sold my FPAC around 10.50 to free up cash for another trade and now that it’s back to like 10.05 I’m about to get back in.

My FPAC warrants on the other hand do look like poo poo, but again I’m not feeling worried about it at all.

Yes and no. There was a ton of hype around SPACs picking up SentinelOne and now they are going alone. There was a lot of hype for a lot of things that didn't pan out. The biggest issue with SPACs is it can literally be a year before an announcement and the announcement can suck. The only things that make SPACs good anymore are certain individuals running them, the sector of choice (which identifies potential targets) and, um, faith. So for me I have 25% of my SPAC gambling money in 4 different SPACs. Not everyone has a bunch of money to just have sit around waiting for a pump, though. I'm expecting 2 of them to get me 30% return and the others to fizzle out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Darth TNT posted:

So is this the first time Elon tweets and everything goes down?

Course it does because I owned the stuff the moron tweeted about.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/GillianTan/status/1366941486193938435?s=20

ickna
May 19, 2004

Shammypants posted:

The only things that make SPACs good anymore are certain individuals running them, the sector of choice (which identifies potential targets) and, um, faith.

Are you a member of the church of Chamath?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Mhmhmhmhm yes, :getin:

Goddamn when does the free money train loving end?

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
HZON looks up to 12 already

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
Never heard of sportradar, is it a big deal or have I just answered my own question?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
haha my lovely brokerage won't even let me place a conditional order, I hope they eat a gigantic bag of dicks and choke on them

I was going to put a sell limit of $16 for HZON in case it pops overnight our time but instead it looks like I'll be getting up regularly to see what it's doing.

I've just done what I should've done a month ago and checked reddit, a thread there recommended IB for trading SPACs from Australia. I looked on their support page and one of the topics was requesting to split a SPAC unit, it will cost $300 per SPAC though ($100 to cancel the unit, $100 to create the warrants, $100 to create the shares) so it would only be economical for large holdings.

Do all SPACs undergo a mandatory split into commons and warrants at some point in the lifecycle? They specifically mentioned that there is no charge for mandatory splits.

Given this mob would charge a lot for a voluntary split would it be viable to buy the units of popular SPACs (i.e. SRNG) and either hold them until a mandatory split or just sell the units in the unlikely event it pops pre-split?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Wifi Toilet posted:

Never heard of sportradar, is it a big deal or have I just answered my own question?

Sportradar is a pretty big name with a lot of NFL and sports betting contracts. Michael Jordan and Mark Cuban ties as well. It's the best (potential) merger announcement since CCIV and I'm going to hold until the DA is official, unless it does something significant like popping to 15+ on the rumor. There will be a lot more media coverage and retail interest compared to the junk we've seen lately. It's not a speculative gamble on future growth like a lot of SPACs; they're a growth market leader right now.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Selling HZON warrants this morning for a nice 50% gain, gonna let the commons ride for a while, this looks like a nice target for them

Divot
Dec 23, 2013
Think it's at all worth getting in on HZON commons at this price or should I just sit back and watch what happens as a nice lil lesson of how these behave.

It was on my list to get in on soon but guess I hosed that up a little lol

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
How high do you think it will go? If you think it will go to 15 then all you’ve lost is some small profit by getting in at 12 instead of 10.

If you don’t think it will go to 15, then why take the risk of getting involved today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

honky dong
Sep 2, 2011

Divot posted:

Think it's at all worth getting in on HZON commons at this price or should I just sit back and watch what happens as a nice lil lesson of how these behave.

It was on my list to get in on soon but guess I hosed that up a little lol

I got in today at $11.80 on the news -- only 25 shares, though, so it bombs it's not much of a loss.