Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Shipon posted:

liberals are one step away from wanting a social credit score just like they scaremongered about with china only to make sure that chuds are miserable

to be clear chuds should be miserable but the state shouldn't be the one causing their misery

Every time it comes up online, especially when they post the epic keywords thing, I think of how easy it would be to get someone on the no fly list and possibly arrested by installing a bot that just googles how to assemble fertilizer bombs and how x ray scanners work etc. Liberals have no concept of self reflection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

do the adam curtis docs say anything interesting? the last few videos i caught gave the vibe of a music video with a pastiche of cultural imagery and a cultured voice as voice-over
i vaguely remember an old UK TV series that did something similar i.e., "wow bet you didn't know these seemingly unconnected phenomenon are actually tied together"

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

shrike82 posted:

do the adam curtis docs say anything interesting? the last few videos i caught gave the vibe of a music video with a pastiche of cultural imagery and a cultured voice as voice-over
i vaguely remember an old UK TV series that did something similar i.e., "wow bet you didn't know these seemingly unconnected phenomenon are actually tied together"

not really no but they're great drogas watching

also what is it with LA, all the Last Podcast boys moved there once they got the Spotify money rolling in. is this the end result of Felix's grooming being taken over by the Seeking Derangements?

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

shrike82 posted:

no but it whips rear end to have them on in the background while you're playing games or posting

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Protagorean posted:

also what is it with LA, all the Last Podcast boys moved there once they got the Spotify money rolling in. is this the end result of Felix's grooming being taken over by the Seeking Derangements?

a long E1 bit come home to roost

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I think this is a very good question because clearly the vague sanctions thing isn't doing it, but you should keep in mind that China is the country that literally shot a teenage nun in the back as she was walking out of the country; as far as they're concerned, the fewer Tibetans and Uyghurs outside of the PRC, the better. The question of what concession the US could conceivably give China to spur them to allow the mass emigration of a population that they claim is completely happy with Chinese rule is a big one (especially given that as far as any of us know, Beijing is convinced that the situation in Xinjiang is now totally under control), and I don't know if I have a good idea of what that could be?

it's extremely American to hear rumors of minorities being forced to assimilate, and propose that they be forced to assimilate into US culture instead

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

liberals are one step away from wanting a social credit score just like they scaremongered about with china only to make sure that chuds are miserable

to be clear chuds should be miserable but the state shouldn't be the one causing their misery
it owns liberals are now backing repealing section 230 because they think it'll own the chuds (and also be benefical for their corporate donors). yeah hand mark zuckyberg and jdorsey a bigger monopoly, cool. several of bidens cabinet people like the commerce one is like yeah i want to dismantle it because ~fake news and racism~

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
I finally caught up with Blowback (extremely good pro-listen) and now im just really mad that libs have been rehabilitating bush et al because cheeto bad. i'm pretty sure my psyche is permanently scarred from the entire 2000 decade, but not in the cool 9/11 way but in the extremely bad jingoistic nation-wide gaslighting complete with the backing of all the big wig libs who've taken on the mantle of the neocons and saving their legacy with unbashed glee.

the bonus episode about all the 2000s war movies with matt christman was really good as well if you haven't listened to it

if anyone needs an rss feed: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/2601713 https://www.omnycontent.com/d/playl...563/podcast.rss

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

shrike82 posted:

bitter lake ties together events pretty tightly

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Xaris posted:

I finally caught up with Blowback (extremely good pro-listen) and now im just really mad that libs have been rehabilitating bush et al because cheeto bad. i'm pretty sure my psyche is permanently scarred from the entire 2000 decade, but not in the cool 9/11 way but in the extremely bad jingoistic nation-wide gaslighting complete with the backing of all the big wig libs who've taken on the mantle of the neocons and saving their legacy with unbashed glee.

the bonus episode about all the 2000s war movies with matt christman was really good as well if you haven't listened to it

if anyone needs an rss feed: https://podcastaddict.com/podcast/2601713 https://www.omnycontent.com/d/playl...563/podcast.rss

until covid hit i would unambiguously say that trump did less harm to america and the rest of the world than bush did, now i'm not so sure about that but at the same time i'm still torn after seeing the democrats response if it even would have changed much

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

until covid hit i would unambiguously say that trump did less harm to america and the rest of the world than bush did, now i'm not so sure about that but at the same time i'm still torn after seeing the democrats response if it even would have changed much
It's still pretty unambiguous that trump has done less harm to the rest of the world still. A third of a billion middle eastern people had their lives negatively affected as a result of post-2000 meddling; much of them displaced or dead.

Even if we had president killery clinton, I'm not so sure the death count would be substantially lower: a little bit probably, but not night-and-day difference. And even in "blue leadership" look at Andrew fuckin Cuomo, bel edwards, evers, phil murphy, ralph northam, gavin newsom, sisolak, gretchin whitmor, tom wolf, and now joe bidem. all these are loving it up. trump certainly could have been significantly less stupid, but we'd still be in an pandemic with low to mid six figure deaths

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shrike82 posted:

He serves basically the same purpose as those NPR stories which are just a vague overview with no commentary or analysis.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
I hope they give Matt his treats for sitting quietly in the corner while Will and Felix had their ménage à trois with Curtis

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Algund Eenboom posted:

Its the worst thread in cspam and im happy to have helped in its brutal demise

gb2qcs

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Larry Parrish posted:

He serves basically the same purpose as those NPR stories which are just a vague overview with no commentary or analysis.

npr sucks poo poo and most of them are kinda boring, but I like NPR storycore vignettes in theory and sometimes in reality. just a big library of congress of various lived experiences is kinda neat but unfortunately too self-selecting

anyways idk who this adam curtis guy is but I should probably read the thread on him

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

shrike82 posted:

do the adam curtis docs say anything interesting?

yes, they do

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

shrike82 posted:

The ambient music over found footage look is basically his calling card. They're worth watching if you've never seen them, but his latest is pretty much a rehash of his earlier work.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shipon posted:

The US non-response to covid would have been no better under a President Hillary, and likely would have been much worse since she would have been openly sabotaged by senate Republicans and Republican governors. The institutional and cultural rot goes way beyond a single executive administration.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
bitter lake, watched over by machines of loving grace, and power of nightmares (though this one ends up missing some rather obvious pieces for his thesis) are all really good

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
who the gently caress cares

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
love to sit here and earnestly wonder whether Hitler or Pallete Swapped Hitler were worse

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

exmarx posted:

it was funny when ppl responded to guyovich with 'chinese internet filter' word salad, apparently in the sincere hope he'd get arrested???

https://twitter.com/SAMOYEDCORE/status/1364050242006487050

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shipon posted:

We already have a social score system in the US that's basically designed to punish poor people. If you have a low credit score any big financial transition you are going to do is going to come with some big chains attached.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Chelsea Manning is on Behind the Bastards this week

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

:chloe: if you listen to podcasts indirectly funded by the cia

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Who tf is trying to out-activist Chelsea Manning

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
has anyone told Chelsea Manning that the Behind the Bastards guy works for a NATO cut-out

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Wait is CIA Evans calling Manning a bastard?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:chloe: if you listen to podcasts indirectly funded by the cia

the bastards behidn the bastard behind behind the bastards

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
the mike lindell episode from QAA last week is amazing

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Breakfast All Day posted:

the bastards behidn the bastard behind behind the bastards

Thread title?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

This but it's brown moses/robert evans.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Ro is about as good as a guy worth 27 mil is going to get. You can’t elect rich guys and hope for much better.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

AnimeIsTrash posted:

This but it's brown moses/robert evans.

It's not even a good card in Twilight Struggle smdh

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

War on Terror 9/11 Larry Silverstein Mikhail Gorbachev The Westington House Scandal Latin American Puppet Dictators Operation Condor Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein CIA Agents The Clinton Chronicles Waco Siege Kinder Egg Surprise The Clinton Blowjob Scandal Nixon Watergate Scandal The Fake Tibetan Protest of 2008 Staged Coup of Colombia Kandahar massacre War on Terror Patriot Act PRISM Edward Snowden The Guantanamo Bay Illegal Occupation CIA black sites Human Rights NSA mass surveillance Warrantless Wiretapping 4th Amendment violations Julian Assange whistle-blower manhunt Ecuadorian embassy refuge Corporate interests worker's rights healthcare rights free education Police militarization incarceration rate fake weapons of mass destruction Petrodollar warfare Israel "special" relationship ban on boycott Free Palestine USS Liberty attack by IDF Mossad cover up false anti-semitism accusations depleted uranium mutinions war crime ignoring the Geneva Convention Agent Orange My Lai Massacre Contras 1973 Chile coup CIA backing puppet dictators Illegal Occupation 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état United Fruit Company Cuban Missile Crisis and the Turkish Missile Crisis Bay of Pigs Iran Contra Operation Northwoods Area51 Saudi lobby American Cover-Up of Trials of Unit 731 Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse MKUltra Tuskegee syphilis experiment Suspension of Habeas Corpus Sedition Acts civil rights Martin Luther King murder Cointelpro Bombing of Libya Bombing of Yemen Bombing of Syria Intervention in Yugoslavia Philippine Genocide of 1900 Choctaw Trail of Tears Andrew Jackson illegal Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii the Illegal Colonialism of American Samoa Guam and other Pacific Islands the Economic Embargo on Mexico haole invasion the rape of Okinawa Jarhead rapists migrant caravan ICE children in cages Russian puppet president Kinder surprise

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

MikeCrotch posted:

It's not even a good card in Twilight Struggle smdh

It stops you from trying to coup Italy, than again it's tough to do that outside of the early war anyway

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

err posted:

War on Terror 9/11 Larry Silverstein Mikhail Gorbachev The Westington House Scandal Latin American Puppet Dictators Operation Condor Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein CIA Agents The Clinton Chronicles Waco Siege Kinder Egg Surprise The Clinton Blowjob Scandal Nixon Watergate Scandal The Fake Tibetan Protest of 2008 Staged Coup of Colombia Kandahar massacre War on Terror Patriot Act PRISM Edward Snowden The Guantanamo Bay Illegal Occupation CIA black sites Human Rights NSA mass surveillance Warrantless Wiretapping 4th Amendment violations Julian Assange whistle-blower manhunt Ecuadorian embassy refuge Corporate interests worker's rights healthcare rights free education Police militarization incarceration rate fake weapons of mass destruction Petrodollar warfare Israel "special" relationship ban on boycott Free Palestine USS Liberty attack by IDF Mossad cover up false anti-semitism accusations depleted uranium mutinions war crime ignoring the Geneva Convention Agent Orange My Lai Massacre Contras 1973 Chile coup CIA backing puppet dictators Illegal Occupation 1954 Guatemalan coup d'état United Fruit Company Cuban Missile Crisis and the Turkish Missile Crisis Bay of Pigs Iran Contra Operation Northwoods Area51 Saudi lobby American Cover-Up of Trials of Unit 731 Abu Ghraib torture and prisoner abuse MKUltra Tuskegee syphilis experiment Suspension of Habeas Corpus Sedition Acts civil rights Martin Luther King murder Cointelpro Bombing of Libya Bombing of Yemen Bombing of Syria Intervention in Yugoslavia Philippine Genocide of 1900 Choctaw Trail of Tears Andrew Jackson illegal Overthrow of the Kingdom of Hawaii the Illegal Colonialism of American Samoa Guam and other Pacific Islands the Economic Embargo on Mexico haole invasion the rape of Okinawa Jarhead rapists migrant caravan ICE children in cages Russian puppet president Kinder surprise

:nsa:

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

err posted:

This is an Adam Curtis brainstorming session.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

tiberion02 posted:

This is an Adam Curtis brainstorming session.

this a full source list of the images that float past in the background of a Deus Ex Metal Gear flashback

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

err posted:

amazon listing title for a bbq grill brush