Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
oh no! that microcountry that is literally just a pile of imperial naval bases also has a Chinese one!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
if some african country supposedly enslaved by chinese debt actually told the chinese to gently caress off and they're not paying, then what could the chinese do about it? it's not like they have command of the high seas to do gunboat diplomacy or maintain supply lines for some far-flung colonial invasion, unlike actual historical and current imperial powers the best they seem to be able to do is keep bases in places that let them

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
and not being able to enforce your will by force seems to make you a kinda bad colonialist

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

just breathless imagining how competent and humane the uighur influx facilities would be if biden were chairman

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

I have a video that made me laugh on this note. I won't spoil what it IS... but just imagine it being a Cum Town clip and don't go clicking it without clearance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXJ8FzuQFus

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 13:08 on Mar 1, 2021

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Jose posted:

Stfu about China

:gb2gbs:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I missed that.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

Protip: calling him Michael McFail gets you a block

lol soft rear end lib

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Zedhe Khoja posted:

oh no! that microcountry that is literally just a pile of imperial naval bases also has a Chinese one!

imperial powers love to put their seamen in

put their

imperial powers love to

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jose posted:

Stfu about China

Jose Biden

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
There's an entire thread for it. I'd rather live in China than the UK it's got better food, infrastructure and no plague

Billionaires face punishment sometimes too

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

literally everybody needs it lol

https://twitter.com/yassir_lester/status/1365730658954268681

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
no they don’t, not more than vulnerable and marginal communities, and a public stomping is honestly getting off light

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Pirate Radar posted:

imperial powers love to put their seamen in

put their

imperial powers love to

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

indigi posted:

no they don’t, not more than vulnerable and marginal communities, and a public stomping is honestly getting off light

"Vulnerable and marginal communities"

Wanna go ahead and explain who that is for all the rest of us here? Kinda curious who you think deserve to live as the rest of us die from a disease the government has let run rampant in the name of the capitalistic order. I'm a downwardly-mobile, formerly middle-class by upbringing, bisexual, disabled white male. Do I get it? Can I swap one of the components of identity out to raise my perceived value to you? Do I get to live, or do I have to die because of things outside of my control just to appease your belief that some people DESERVE a vaccination from a potentially-deadly-or-maiming disease more than I?

Apoplexy has issued a correction as of 16:36 on Mar 1, 2021

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

the term of art is now risk stratification

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Apoplexy posted:

Wanna go ahead and explain who that is for all the rest of us here? Kinda curious who you think deserve to live as the rest of us die from a disease the government has let run rampant in the name of the capitalistic order. I'm a downwardly-mobile, formerly middle-class by upbringing, bisexual, disabled white male. Do I get it? Can I swap one of the components of identity out to raise my perceived value to you? Do I get to live, or do I have to die because of things outside of my control just to appease your belief that some people DESERVE a vaccination from a potentially-deadly-or-maiming disease more than I?

We all have to die because of things outside of our control my dude.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/panarin_misha/status/1366406975366586370?s=19

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

how about the immunocompromised, healthcare and frontline workers, and the elderly? people at most risk of catching and dying from the virus? does that work for you? get stomped, dork

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/420Jagx/status/1366171565356965891?s=19

Apoplexy posted:

if you swapped the "annoying" and "whiny" components of your identity out, it couldn't hurt your chances

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

they’re Billy Zane in Titanic

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Given that the death toll from 9-11 very conservatively includes half a million Iraqi citizens I’m going to begrudgingly say the weirdo has a point

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Isn't vaccine distribution in America so hosed up that the vaccines people are "taking" from the most vulnerable would just get thrown out otherwise?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Isn't vaccine distribution in America so hosed up that the vaccines people are "taking" from the most vulnerable would just get thrown out otherwise?

in a few well-publicized instances (and New York State) sure

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

based on his bio he worked for both hillary and obama lol

https://twitter.com/RealRichWilkins/status/1366078573472317445?s=20

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

realbitchwilkins

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Jose posted:

based on his bio he worked for both hillary and obama lol

https://twitter.com/RealRichWilkins/status/1366078573472317445?s=20

The 'young leftist who supported John Kerry 2004' to 'apologist for the bombings of Middle-Easterners and also the calloused eliminationist policies that lead to tens of thousands of the elderly dying' pipeline strikes again. When will the dastardly Kerry Kidz cease with this madness?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Also, don't actually look at that guy's feed. It's literally 10+ pages an hour of tweeting.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/andreaskluth/status/1366691926804754440?s=19
https://twitter.com/andreaskluth/status/1366695641083244546?s=19

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

what sound do you think his head will make when it hits the pavement during the next financial meltdown?

a plop or a crack?

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Top City Homo posted:

what sound do you think his head will make when it hits the pavement during the next financial meltdown?

a plop or a crack?

Neither, it'll be a short fall muffled by wicker.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

https://twitter.com/RightWingCope/status/1366782774015889411

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

is this guy seriously arguing against people planting roots and building a community in their worry-free rent-controlled apartments instead of business tenants doing the same

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

who cares about Germans anyway

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Victory Position posted:

is this guy seriously arguing against people planting roots and building a community in their worry-free rent-controlled apartments instead of business tenants doing the same

neoliberals want people to be like sharks, always moving, never stopping, just a river of humans constantly churning all over the world, like something out of a nightmare
except for the rich of course, our benevolent overlords get to have a community

Doktor Avalanche has issued a correction as of 04:56 on Mar 3, 2021

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Victory Position posted:

he's saying that the free market has failed to build enough apartments and the government should step in

not that he seems to realize he's saying that

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://twitter.com/SteampunkKanye/status/1366742349972467712

why on earth would "people stay in their apartments instead of moving constantly" be a bad thing?? I used to move every year and it sucked, right now I've lived in the same apartment for years and it rules.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
when communist countries force people to move away from their homes based on their ethnicity and class we have a very specific word for it

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

vyelkin posted:

https://twitter.com/SteampunkKanye/status/1366742349972467712

why on earth would "people stay in their apartments instead of moving constantly" be a bad thing?? I used to move every year and it sucked, right now I've lived in the same apartment for years and it rules.

Sounds like you're not cut out for economics, a very serious science

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy