Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grim

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Bogor

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
And He Did! (March 18, 1918)

Outbursts of Everett True (April 26, 1918)

Hitz and Mrs. (December 12, 1923)

Gay and Her Gang (April 6, 1929)

Oaky Doaks (September 6, 1935)

Dark Laughter (February 12, 1942)

Mopsy Sunday (October 26, 1947)

Those Were the Days (November 22, 1951)

Wee Pals (May 28, 1965)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set gets abstract.

Working Daze will make sure to note that on your annual review.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix gets the juices flowing.

Cul De Sac knows there's nothing to learn from the past.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

:same: And it's that attitude making the constant sniping that much more egregious. The entire family is cutting one another (and often strangers) down constantly, but they're all routinely demonstrated to be vapid, hollow people.

Someone in one of these threads pointed out a long time ago that when someone in Dustin makes one of these little snipes, it almost always begins with, "Seriously, _________?" And now it's all I ever see!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Slammy posted:

Those Were the Days (November 15, 1951)

Even circa 1951 working dogs were still a thing. Heck, decades later than that, as Footrot Flats can attest. Which makes this particular bit of Those Were the Days nonsense nostalgia particularly bizarre.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Some Guy TT posted:

Even circa 1951 working dogs were still a thing. Heck, decades later than that, as Footrot Flats can attest. Which makes this particular bit of Those Were the Days nonsense nostalgia particularly bizarre.

Dog shows were probably just being popularized or the cartoonist just wanted to whine about them.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
According to Britannica the first modern dog show was in 1859, and the first US dog show was in 1877. Unless the cartoonist was around a hundred years old, he just wanted to complain about dog shows.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Twelve by Pies posted:

According to Britannica the first modern dog show was in 1859, and the first US dog show was in 1877. Unless the cartoonist was around a hundred years old, he just wanted to complain about dog shows.

Dog shows exist vs. dog shows as a popular fad.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
1 Going on 18 (Classic Kevin & Kell: November 29 - December 3, 1999)

(Just gonna say, the pacing in these few weeks of strips is bizarre. Last week's storyline ended with this Monday's punchline, and this week's storyline will end next Monday. Considering that K&K is Mon-Fri, the pacing is weird.)

LazyQ
Feb 22, 2011

Mämmilä (December 16, 1989)

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Bird Illuminati: "Kevin and Kell's relationship is the key to curing the barbaric tendencies of this world"
Kell's family: Covers Kevin's living space with the heads of dead herbivores.
Kevin and Kell's horrible hellspawn child: Is never not mass murdering

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Missed a couple of days.

Arlo and Janis

Classics should return tomorrow.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1946

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 3/1/01

Brenda Starr 12/30/45

Huh, I honestly expected Larry to die during the war.I guess we're just going to quietly forget that Brenda promised to marry him when he came back?

Smokey Stover 9/17/39

Richard's Poor Almanac

Between this and Rhymes, it must be Artist Joke Day.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Julet Esqu posted:

Someone in one of these threads pointed out a long time ago that when someone in Dustin makes one of these little snipes, it almost always begins with, "Seriously, _________?" And now it's all I ever see!

I consider making the "Seriously?" post one of my crowning achievements on these dead forums.

BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

sweeperbravo posted:

oh christ. when i was about 7 or 8 i enlisted my best friend to help me make an "educational" cassette tape about music called, IIRC, "beats and rhythms."

If it was "Rhythm and Melody", then you and your friend might actually Mick Jones and Peter Sellers?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Expecting a special cameo in the near future:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Arlo repeatedly asking anyone he can find if they know anything about Chinese boats.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

LvK fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 2, 2021

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Pastry of the Year posted:

Arlo and Janis

When my wife and I got married, her sister gave us a set of porcelain teacups and saucers, all placed in a hand-upholstered and decorated old wood briefcase. She said that she bought them from an older woman who had brought them from Japan, but couldn't keep them anymore and hoped to get some money for them. All very lovely. The reality of the situation is that my wife and I don't really have a use for a fancy tea set, but we can't just throw it away. Also my SIL didn't really secure the saucers very well inside the case, so if you pick it up by the handle they immediately slide out and start rattling around.

So, Big Mood here.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Fine China is a scam perpetuated by the big wigs that run storage space centers.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
The Far Side

Pickles

Zits

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Docks

Retail

Popular Comics

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Ella Cinders

Zorro

Reply All

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

Ok Holbrook, I laughed at this one.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jesus even for Luann this is a loving ridiculously quick forgiveness! "Sorry I assumed you were someone sleeping with my friend, which isn't my loving business, or just assumed you were a irredeemable criminal! Who's for desert?"

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
even if i thought it were true, i’d be pissed at bernice calling my cousin a lowlife

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

nishi koichi posted:

even if i thought it were true, i’d be pissed at bernice calling my cousin a lowlife

And Tara's acting like it's no big deal! And talking like Bernice is her friend and not the person who got her kicked out of college for stealing a TV or whatever the gently caress it was!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Evil Mastermind posted:

And Tara's acting like it's no big deal! And talking like Bernice is her friend and not the person who got her kicked out of college for stealing a TV or whatever the gently caress it was!

you really have to wonder what the writers think human relationships are actually like

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Rae the Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pastry of the Year posted:

Missed a couple of days.

Arlo and Janis

I thought Sundays have a tremendous lead time, so if this is referencing the winter weather they got all of two weeks ago that's an impressive turn around.

Or A&J got really lucky with their timing of "the one time a year it snows in the deep south" and that strip.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

This is really an abrupt ending. What happened with Mark's mother? She was mentioned in a way that implied she had left Happy, but that's where they left it. Cherry's family problems remain unresolved as well. Then there's the boat thing, but I'm less concerned about that than a lot of people here. I can accept that being just a moment of cartoonish disaster and either is just something to be laughed at and dismissed or exaggerated and meant to be not as bad as it looked.

Mary Worth

The Phantom

I think these two are lovers. I'm just throwing that out there.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons is back.

Apartment 3-G

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

This is really an abrupt ending. What happened with Mark's mother? She was mentioned in a way that implied she had left Happy, but that's where they left it. Cherry's family problems remain unresolved as well. Then there's the boat thing, but I'm less concerned about that than a lot of people here. I can accept that being just a moment of cartoonish disaster and either is just something to be laughed at and dismissed or exaggerated and meant to be not as bad as it looked.

I've been laughing at the absurdity of it, but a bit perplexed overall as a cartoonish kersplosion is something more in line with the tone of Pooch Cafe than with Mark Trail.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Modesty and Willie's friendship is so pure.