Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

In misogyny news, Elizabeth Hargrave (rightly) called out the cover art for Tiny Epic Dungeons, the Kickstarter comments have devolved into an incel hellhole.
BGG link here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2612018/can-we-talk-about-women-box-cover
While I love the new BGG moderation, I'm still bummed by the volume of posts that have to be removed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Lmao at the avengers pic she included in her post. Would unironically buy that comic.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Bottom Liner posted:

Lmao at the avengers pic she included in her post. Would unironically buy that comic.

Brother do I have a blog for you:

https://thehawkeyeinitiative.tumblr.com/

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

On the plus side, there's a ton of kickstarter comments in the vein of "I've been 10+ year contributor to BGG and got banned for having a different opinion" and "we need a [misogyny-safe] alternative to BGG". The new aggressive moderation seems to be weeding out the most noisy assholes, at least. Now if only Kickstarter had comment moderation...

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Stickman posted:

Now if only Kickstarter had comment moderation...

Well, it kinda does in that only backers can comment. If the backer cancels the pledge, gonzo goes commenting from that person.

It does require a creator to choose not to accept money from a trash person though so :thunk:

FulsomFrank
Sep 11, 2005

Hard on for love

Chill la Chill posted:

Sounds like you enjoyed it. The only thing wrong with this last bit here is that you can’t just upbid your companies however you’d like. There’s a maximum starting and if the other players pass well you get it cheap so it’s still a win but you can’t easily get double the cost of a mini private. Fattening up the companies enough to make them enticing targets for others as well as your high revenue corp is part of what makes the game interesting.

We did! But I'm not totally clear on your clarification. Based on what I've been reading is that the minimum price of a friendly sale company is STOCK PRICE * COMPANY SIZE. But that's just the minimum price. So if I'm running a company with gently caress-off money that can easily outbid my opponents, what's to stop me from deliberately overpaying for the company and maximising the return I get for the 60% shares I may hold via the SALE PRICE / SIZE? Like I said, only half a game and I'm not 100% on the rules so apologies if this seems obvious to you.

VVVVV Ahhhhhhhh. Thank you. Wasn't clear on the size of the raises!

FulsomFrank fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 2, 2021

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If you're the president of the co being sold, you can only up the bid by $5 each time. So to get to silly money, you need somebody willing to pay silly money -5, and why would they want to do you such a favour?

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you're the president of the co being sold, you can only up the bid by $5 each time. So to get to silly money, you need somebody willing to pay silly money -5, and why would they want to do you such a favour?

$10, not $5, but otherwise yes. Technically the rules are silent on what the president can bid if everyone passes (the limit is $10 above the previous bid, but if there is no previous bid then ???) but everyone has pretty much agreed to interpret that as requiring the president to bid the minimum legal bid in that situation.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Crackbone posted:

In misogyny news, Elizabeth Hargrave (rightly) called out the cover art for Tiny Epic Dungeons, the Kickstarter comments have devolved into an incel hellhole.
BGG link here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2612018/can-we-talk-about-women-box-cover
While I love the new BGG moderation, I'm still bummed by the volume of posts that have to be removed.
FYI I visited these particular grog mines, brought back raw grog ore, and posted it in the kickstarter thread.

Here's what the creators have to say, and it seems like they are not making significant changes? I may be reading too far between the lines.

quote:

Additionally, we have heard the feedback regarding the art and how it is excluding some people who would otherwise enjoy this game. That was never our intention. That was never part of our vision of this game.So thank you for that feedback. We want Tiny Epic Dungeons to reach as wide of a player base as possible and to be enjoyed by everyone! That is why we have already made changes to the art, prior to launching on Kickstarter, and are looking at further ways to make sure this game is fun for everyone. We will also be more mindful of this feedback in our future projects. 

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Not to mention https://eschergirls.tumblr.com/

Regarding TED, it seems that they made the womens' costumes more modest but didn't change the poses. It's about as much as you can do without springing for a full graphic redesign, so the question is if it's still bad enough to require a full redesign or if they can get away with a slapped wrist and a promise not to do it again. I'd say the Rogue is now fine, but the Mage remains problematic because just painting pants on doesn't change the B&B pose.

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
At least kingdom death monster has the decency to make everyone naked, stacked, and utterly ridiculous.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Preorder for Red Rising is up I could get through the first two pages of the rule book so I guess I’m waiting.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ropes4u posted:

Preorder for Red Rising is up I could get through the first two pages of the rule book so I guess I’m waiting.

The novel is one of the worst I’ve ever finished. I’m not sure how I made it through the whole thing.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Ropes4u posted:

Uh can't say a lot more but if you like competitive games give it a miss would be my advice.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mayveena posted:

Uh can't say a lot more but if you like competitive games give it a miss would be my advice.

The clue to that is already there in the Stonemaier Games logo on the side.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Aramoro posted:

The clue to that is already there in the Stonemaier Games logo on the side.

I like Pendulum and two player Tapestry.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Jedit posted:

I'd say the Rogue is now fine, but the Mage remains problematic because just painting pants on doesn't change the B&B pose.

What if they just add enormous bulges to the men?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

PerniciousKnid posted:

What if they just add enormous bulges to the men?

It would be more of the same problematic male fantasy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So what you are saying is the real fix is femboys?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Snooze Cruise posted:

The real fix is a certain class of men growing up.

Yusin
Mar 4, 2021

Jedit posted:

The real fix is a certain class of men growing up.

Probably impossible in our lifetime.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Snooze Cruise posted:

The real fix is always femboys.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

Snooze Cruise posted:

finally someone talking some sense

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
jojos bizarre dungeons

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

If I want to get Archipelago, how important is the War and Peace expansion?

Also in regards to solo play (if I can get the solo expansion as well)

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Selecta84 posted:

If I want to get Archipelago, how important is the War and Peace expansion?

Also in regards to solo play (if I can get the solo expansion as well)

War and Peace adds a lot more player interaction and competition. It's not needed to make the game decent, but it's better with it. Playing solo it might actually be a drawback.

You're not UKian, are you? I have the complete Archipelago, but I think Living Planet has supplanted it so I'd let it go.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 4, 2021

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Jedit posted:

War and Peace adds a lot more player interaction and competition. It's not needed to make the game decent, but it's better without. Playing solo it might actually be a drawback.

You're not UKian, are you? I have the complete Archipelago, but I think Living Planet has supplanted it so I'd let it go.

I see. So War and Peace should be added later after a few plays and some experience with the game and never when playing solo.

I'm in Germany unfortunately...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Sorry, I had an autocorrect - I meant to say Archipelago is better with the expansion. And there's no reason not to add it from the off unless you want to ease people in gently.

Getting a game to you in Germany is more problematic than it used to be. Might not be impossible though.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Ok then.

Yeah, god drat Brexit.

What price would you have in mind? Although I have no idea how much shipping would be at the moment.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

PM me, we'll work it out.

Selecta84
Jan 29, 2015

Selecta84 fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 5, 2021

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

I've been wanting to share this with you folks for awhile but I finally got permission

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0XWV7EOMp3BE1zVucHLSUG75NnR9JY9/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately it has to be a link to the pdf, as you can't put pdf's on imgur and the .jpg doesn't do it justice.

I was so amazed when Mr. Pfister showed this to me, my own Maracaibo card to be included in the new expansion!!! And it hints at the new expansion, Uprising, that's coming . Keep in mind that nothing is final until they release to retail, but this is in the works!!!!

Note, I have no idea what the German says on the card, perhaps someone can translate?

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Mayveena posted:

I've been wanting to share this with you folks for awhile but I finally got permission

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K0XWV7EOMp3BE1zVucHLSUG75NnR9JY9/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately it has to be a link to the pdf, as you can't put pdf's on imgur and the .jpg doesn't do it justice.

I was so amazed when Mr. Pfister showed this to me, my own Maracaibo card to be included in the new expansion!!! And it hints at the new expansion, Uprising, that's coming . Keep in mind that nothing is final until they release to retail, but this is in the works!!!!

Note, I have no idea what the German says on the card, perhaps someone can translate?

I've always thought you were a riot

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Mayveena posted:

Google translation:

Card Name: revolt
Bottom text: Place a removed nation marker return to the influence track and get 7 [money icon]

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Slimy Hog posted:

Google translation:

Card Name: revolt
Bottom text: Place a removed nation marker return to the influence track and get 7 [money icon]

Thanks!

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Mayveena posted:

Thats sick as hell

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Mayveena posted:

That is really cool and I'm glad he has listened to the complaints people had. I'm hoping to see more of this in the expansion. Has there been any more talk about when it's coming? Last I saw was mid 2021 but that was months ago.

armorer
Aug 6, 2012

I like metal.
Anyone here know where I can get (shipped to the USA) a copy of the Santorini promo pack from 2018? The only place online I see it in stock is in Singapore :(

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

That is really cool and I'm glad he has listened to the complaints people had. I'm hoping to see more of this in the expansion. Has there been any more talk about when it's coming? Last I saw was mid 2021 but that was months ago.

The publisher has not informed BGG of the expansion so I have no idea of when it’s coming. Hopefully this year!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

Selecta84 posted:

I see. So War and Peace should be added later after a few plays and some experience with the game and never when playing solo.

I'm in Germany unfortunately...

Let me know if you can't make it work. I have Archipelago and War and Peace in Germany and would be willing to let go of it.