Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That dumb rear end in a top hat really is trying to kill us all, huh

Look man he's just trying to finish fourth in Iowa in '24 ok, if he's gotta kill a few thousand more Texans to do it, we should let him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That dumb rear end in a top hat really is trying to kill us all, huh

It's an excellent way to reduce the ratio of poor citizens to rich citizens !

And also the ratio of humans : planet!

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Do you start to evangelize the greatness of Microsoft products immediately after the first vaccine or do you have to wait a few weeks after the 2nd dose?

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

(strolling into CVS) yes i'm 90 years old, obese and pregnant, and no i will NOT be taking questions.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I heard Jesus comes to you in a dream and tells you how disappointed he is you won’t get to join him for the rapture party

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/alexradow/status/1366851757230424071

Man we're having a rough couple of weeks

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Motherfuck Abbott.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
JJ do the needful and give Abbott the Mac & Me treatment

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is JJ Watt a Florida Man yet

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

lmao everyone in the 30-person small DFW company I work at is on Slack right now collectively planning to lie to get their vaccine, because of this news.

I wonder if vaccines are about to get even harder to find now, because of dumbass greg.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

smoobles posted:

lmao everyone in the 30-person small DFW company I work at is on Slack right now collectively planning to lie to get their vaccine, because of this news.

I wonder if vaccines are about to get even harder to find now, because of dumbass greg.

Bet on it

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

smoobles posted:

we're gonna run out so loving fast

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

smoobles posted:

With respect to vaccines do we know how much of Texas has been vaccinated yet? I sorta assumed an uphill battle regardless of this news. I thought louisiana was bad but I guess money brings its own problems.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

loving hell Greg, I guess we didn't run out of Gasoline in the winter storm because he found a shitload to pour on top of this dumpster fire

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

syntaxrigger posted:

With respect to vaccines do we know how much of Texas has been vaccinated yet? I sorta assumed an uphill battle regardless of this news. I thought louisiana was bad but I guess money brings its own problems.

https://twitter.com/TumaTime/status/1366839725353558027

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Guys they absolutely do not check anything at vaccination events or in the pharmacies that have it.

If you are chubby at all, you're obese. If you're not, you have asthma.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I mentioned in the Austin thread that this is what DSHS says about 1b:

quote:

People 16 years of age and older with at least one chronic medical condition that puts
them at increased risk for severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19, such as but not limited to:
• Cancer
• Chronic kidney disease
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathies
• Solid organ transplantation
• Obesity and severe obesity (body mass index of 30 kg/m2 or higher)
• Pregnancy
• Sickle cell disease
• Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Note the bolded part, the list of conditions is open ended. If you have any sort of condition that could put you at risk if you got Covid, you are not technically lying.

Not like it matters anyway. We're at the "everyone for themselves!" stage of this sinking ship so grab a spot on any lifeboat you can.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I think I'm just going to stay inside for... *sigh*

Another year....

God

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I love being in a people facing job in the middle of a pandemic as it is. Now more than just the 1 in 10 guests will be maskless. And I have asthma

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/gregabbott_tx/status/1366846908480815106?s=21

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

"I just killed an incredible amount of Americans, cementing my spot in the GOP primary"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I think I'll uh, keep the mask on, thanks

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

I wonder if pharmacies will accept me bringing my baby along and saying I’m 15 months pregnant and a medicinal miracle of a man.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jokes posted:

"I just killed an incredible amount of Americans, cementing my spot in the GOP primary"

dying wheezing so Abbot can get 4th in Iowa and quietly drop out of the race

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JakeAnbinder/status/1366854522275057666

I kinda feel/hope this is true. There was like zero enforcement of any of these rules and I think people are going to keep on acting the way they've been acting. It's just a stupid gamble since we are like, six weeks maybe from this being fine.

https://twitter.com/LinaHidalgoTX/status/1366856491282681862

This is also true.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

In some photos Abbott looks like Dan Patrick and George W. Bush had a baby.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/1366826873972551683

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
The depravity, the sheer EVIL of those monsters is infuriating. If only it were remotely feasible to shut down air traffic leaving Texas and to seal all the borders, so that absolutely no one could leave. But it's probably not.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/steffdaz/status/1366863148179886084

We are thiiiiiis close

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I am no longer apprehensive about the potential move out of state next year and am wishing it would happen much sooner.

Mind you my apprehension was mainly not liking change. Chaaaaange bad. Looking for new employment baaaaad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I just took a new position that will let me WFH, just gotta make it a couple more months

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm going to die here, I just hope it's 60 years and not 60 days hence.

https://twitter.com/SylvesterTurner/status/1366862338184339467

It's because he's running for president Sly

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Mar 2, 2021

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

words honestly cannot express how loving livid i am right now lmfao. gently caress you greg

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m just glad my folks have impeccable timing and were already scheduled to get their vaccs tomorrow.

RIP to my friends who work in retail though, and also me possibly

Peragus
Sep 13, 2011

Incredibly happy that my procrastinating grandparents finally got their first dose.

As for the rest of my family/friends who don't work in medicine lol, just lol this loving sucks.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Oof! Thanks.

Gin_Rummy
Aug 4, 2007
Anyone know where in DFW I can go to lie for my vaccine to get it quickly?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Gin_Rummy posted:

I've seen people just hanging out at the hospital lol

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Gin_Rummy posted:

This is for Houston, but is good for links to any of the statewide chains that could have it. I was able to sign up this morning for one, but things fill up fast and you have to check often to find something open.

https://publichealth.harriscountytx.gov/Resources/2019-Novel-Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccine-Information/Local-COVID-19-Vaccine-Providers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i posted a fun tweet about a comms director shooting himself on the front lawn of his congresswoman boss and all y'all wanna talk about is the intentional unraveling of society by the rich and powerful smdh