Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bird cooch posted:

I'm sneaking up on lvl 15 feeding customs all my gear. It's so active.

Customs is swarming with people doing quests from the recent sale.

Until recently it was a map that was dead 5 minutes in as people would rush marked room, get it or die, and extract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I bought the day before the sale. Womp womp

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

bird cooch posted:

I bought the day before the sale. Womp womp

The true tarkov experience.

Even buying it feels like a punch in the dick.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I've probably shot almost 20 Timmies running across the land bridge to Welcome to Tarkov at customs this week, I love sales.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Cage Kicker posted:

I've probably shot almost 20 Timmies running across the land bridge to Welcome to Tarkov at customs this week, I love sales.

I am so glad that I am on Setup right now.

I can't imagine how much worse this quest is without newbies to slaughter.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

FileNotFound posted:

I started Setup yesterday and got 6 kills in one raid. Newbie 2 man squad in Big Red and a 4 man squad on the train tracks between Stronghold and Old Gas.

I really do think Setup is the most fun quest in the game lol I really love it.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

it's fine tbh, I definitely killed a bunch of newbies while doing it because they're the easiest to aggressively rush down, but the MP-153 is a good enough gun that you can eventually get it done via pure attrition at the dorms thunderdome even if you encounter teams consisting of nothing but the heftiest of boys

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

LGD posted:

it's fine tbh, I definitely killed a bunch of newbies while doing it because they're the easiest to aggressively rush down, but the MP-153 is a good enough gun that you can eventually get it done via pure attrition at the dorms thunderdome even if you encounter teams consisting of nothing but the heftiest of boys

The thicc bois that I encounter vector my ushanka.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

The thicc bois that I encounter vector my ushanka.

if you're getting vectored in the head the list of helmets that will save you is incredibly short if not outright non-extant, and the list of helmets that will save *them* from an AP-20 slug or cloud of flechettes is similarly incredibly short

obviously they have a general advantage in killiness and some level of head protection, but just, y'know, try to take advantage of the fact that you're there to PVP and not rush marked to get the drop on one of them, you only need to trade to have the run be a success and you're quite likely to get most of your gear back via insurance

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

LGD posted:

You can also make the MP-153 something stupid like 2x7 slots so nobody will ever take it

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

LGD posted:

if you're getting vectored in the head the list of helmets that will save you is incredibly short if not outright non-extant, and the list of helmets that will save *them* from an AP-20 slug or cloud of flechettes is similarly incredibly short

obviously they have a general advantage in killiness and some level of head protection, but just, y'know, try to take advantage of the fact that you're there to PVP and not rush marked to get the drop on one of them, you only need to trade to have the run be a success and you're quite likely to get most of your gear back via insurance

At this point I've had way more success just rushing trailer spawns or dicking around the factory area and welcoming lost newbies to Tarkov than going to dorms to try my luck on the chads. I have managed to flechette a thicc boi but never made it out of dorms with his stuff....

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

Cage Kicker posted:

You can also make the MP-153 something stupid like 2x7 slots so nobody will ever take it

As soon as you plop the pistol grip + buffer tube to add assault rifle stocks its game over baby, you're rocking the mega phatty 2x8 slot chad slayer. It especially owns because it really doesn't cost all that much if you just want to throw an MOE stock on there - and even that brings the ergo up to useful status.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

The Clap posted:

As soon as you plop the pistol grip + buffer tube to add assault rifle stocks its game over baby, you're rocking the mega phatty 2x8 slot chad slayer. It especially owns because it really doesn't cost all that much if you just want to throw an MOE stock on there - and even that brings the ergo up to useful status.

Yeah - but then rude chads pull the stock off!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

At this point I've had way more success just rushing trailer spawns or dicking around the factory area and welcoming lost newbies to Tarkov than going to dorms to try my luck on the chads. I have managed to flechette a thicc boi but never made it out of dorms with his stuff....

I mean yeah, that might have come off wrong because I fully agree that you get much better results on that quest by preying on newer/undergeared players (I mean I specifically noted that accounted for a fair number of my own Setup kills)

was just saying that you don't need to worry about being "lucky" in that regard because even if raid composition AND your spawns are consistently (implausibly) unfavorable, you should still be able to easily/affordably complete Setup as a solo player by just w-keying towards the biggest pvp hotspot on the map and aggressively trading

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

When you decide to do one last scav run for the day on Customs, spawn at crossroads, look to your left and see a dead body with all this on them, it's a good day in Tarkov

According to the tag they died by a scav with a VPO-215 but they werent looted at all, so I honestly dont know what happened, there's no AI scavs that go to that area afaik (The extract with the van with the two green crates) and I assume they didnt bleed out due to them having meds. But I'm not complaining! Getting out was nerve-wracking though.

Also excuse my shameful stash, I know it needs organizing.

Just Chamber fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Mar 3, 2021

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I love raids where I score big without firing a shot.

If I could find a game where I could stealthily gently caress people over again and again and again without direct confrontation I would probably play it for the rest of my life. I think I must have some deep rooted thief impulses.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

When you decide to do one last scav run for the day on Customs, spawn at crossroads and look to your left and see a dead body with all this on them, it's a good day in Tarkov

According to the tag they died by a scav with a VPO-215 but they werent looted at all, so I honestly dont know what happened, there's no AI scavs that go to that area afaik (The extract with the van with the two green crates) and I assume they didnt bleed out due to them having meds. But I'm not complaining! Getting out was nerve-wracking though.

Also excuse my shameful stash, I know it needs organizing.

Scavs do linger around the creek bed area where the hole in the wall to Customs and corner entrance to storage meet. Poor guy probably got head eyes'd while moving to extract.

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

The Clap posted:

Scavs do linger around the creek bed area where the hole in the wall to Customs and corner entrance to storage meet. Poor guy probably got head eyes'd while moving to extract.

I thought that too but his visor was down with zero damage to it, very strange, can 366 AP one tap defender armor? It did have some damage.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

I thought that too but his visor was down with zero damage to it, very strange, can 366 AP one tap defender armor? It did have some damage.

I don’t think it can one-tap Defender - maybe it has a chance to? - but maybe his thorax was already damaged from something else. Two taps of 366 AP to the thorax could kill someone with Defender for sure. Those headphones on the Fast MT (and headphones in general) don’t protect the ears like chops do so it’s also possible he got shot in the “head, ears” hitbox. :iiam:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Just Chamber posted:

The game servers were making GBS threads themselves yesterday evening, perhaps the pmc just got disconnected?

I had a completely full inventory and got to the RUAF roadblock last night with like 20 seconds left and the server kicked me and I lost everything. It wouldn't let me join any new games and the "getting ready" screen had like nobody on the map.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
They have been doing server updates today and a couple days ago and think tomorrow night late. They put it out on Twitter and on their website. It's down right now for a few hours.

I'm getting better at this. I think I've had the game for 10 days and I'm level 18 and struggling to kill pmcs with a pistol. But this game is fun I've not had one that got my heart rate up in a long time.

Umbreon
May 21, 2011

bird cooch posted:

They have been doing server updates today and a couple days ago and think tomorrow night late. They put it out on Twitter and on their website. It's down right now for a few hours.

I'm getting better at this. I think I've had the game for 10 days and I'm level 18 and struggling to kill pmcs with a pistol. But this game is fun I've not had one that got my heart rate up in a long time.

I've been playing since 2017 and the game still gets my heart rate up.

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

bird cooch posted:

I've been playing for about a year now and I still get nervous loading into a raid. Some of the replays I save are downright embarrassing because of the way that I sort of yell-talk to my friends when we're in combat lmao, my heart rate is definitely jacked.

Pistols are loving great man, super underrated imo, you'll get better. As with all guns the most important thing is your ammo but with pistols you're really looking for those face shots. My go-to pistol is the Five-Seven but most of them are viable with enough practice. Glad you're enjoying the game.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
I just picked this up and am getting constant disconnections.

Disabled ipv6, run as admin.

I don't know. I can't stay connected for a minute.

Even connected via vpn.

Edit: ok it's working now I stayed connected for like 5 mins. Had to turn off windows defender.

I spawned with a vss on my scav tho so that's nice

HardKase fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Mar 4, 2021

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

HardKase posted:

I just picked this up and am getting constant disconnections.

Disabled ipv6, run as admin.

I don't know. I can't stay connected for a minute.

Even connected via vpn.

Edit: ok it's working now I stayed connected for like 5 mins. Had to turn off windows defender.

I spawned with a vss on my scav tho so that's nice

The servers have been pretty hosed the last couple days so I’d 100% believe if it wasn’t on your end. This maintenance is ending up, uh... very Tarkov-y.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Bussamove posted:

The servers have been pretty hosed the last couple days so I’d 100% believe if it wasn’t on your end. This maintenance is ending up, uh... very Tarkov-y.

What do you expect with people going into server rooms and looing ram, cpus, cpu fans and circuit boards all the time....

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I’ll make my own servers! With blyatjack, and hookers!

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

bird cooch posted:

A lot of these lobbies I look like one of only a few people who isn't running an edge of darkness account. Is that just my lobbies or is that just kind of the general state of the game?

Also running the base game here, it honestly isn’t much of a disadvantage. You can grab the 2x3 beta case from Peacekeeper really quick, and especially this wipe once you get the bitcoin farm up you may as well have unlimited funds.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Are scav sniper spawns supposed to be so low on customs rn or is it an issue? I think it's been going on like this since mid feb from what I looked up online?

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I continue to get straight up whooped in pvp. This is why folks hide.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I feel like sniper scavs have been decreased this wipe for sure. But there's five total spawns on the map, make sure you're checking all of them. There will be less competition for them if you go at night.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

How often do new guns get put in the game? I like the polymer double stack operator stuff that comprises most of the pistol category, but I'd love some stupid garbage like a saturday night special that nobody seriously uses but you sometimes spawn with as a scav

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Pharmaskittle posted:

How often do new guns get put in the game? I like the polymer double stack operator stuff that comprises most of the pistol category, but I'd love some stupid garbage like a saturday night special that nobody seriously uses but you sometimes spawn with as a scav

the makarov is right there dude

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Cage Kicker posted:

the makarov is right there dude

Yeah that's cool! But I want more lovely guns! What's another fifty guns and attachments in such a bloated item economy?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Are scav sniper spawns supposed to be so low on customs rn or is it an issue? I think it's been going on like this since mid feb from what I looked up online?

it's an issue, they adjusted scav spawns on customs and in the process appear to have more or less eliminated them from the map - if they spawn in at all it's now quite rare

as someone who did Tarkov Shooter part 6 after the change: if that's why you're asking you're just going to want to run shoreline, the one at powerplant is nearly 100% guaranteed and can be rushed from just about any spawn on the map, and then you can circle around behind the resort to see if the other one is up

it's annoying, but even if you're unlucky it should only take ~5 quick raids or so

e:

Pharmaskittle posted:

Yeah that's cool! But I want more lovely guns! What's another fifty guns and attachments in such a bloated item economy?

I mean they've added a fair number of low end guns reasonably recently - most of the .45 weapons (1911, M45, UMP), the RFB, PPSH, etc.

ammo type/availability ultimately plays a big role in what's "lovely" vs. viable, and there is only so much amusement to be derived by dogshit meme guns - if you really want to punish yourself you already have a bolt action shotgun that has no good ammo types, the time of their team is much better spent on stuff people might actually want to use at some point

LGD fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 5, 2021

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

LGD posted:

it's an issue, they adjusted scav spawns on customs and in the process appear to have more or less eliminated them from the map - if they spawn in at all it's now quite rare

as someone who did Tarkov Shooter part 6 after the change: if that's why you're asking you're just going to want to run shoreline, the one at powerplant is nearly 100% guaranteed and can be rushed from just about any spawn on the map, and then you can circle around behind the resort to see if the other one is up

it's annoying, but even if you're unlucky it should only take ~5 quick raids or so

yeah, sounds about right. thanks!

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

LGD posted:

e:

I mean they've added a fair number of low end guns reasonably recently - most of the .45 weapons (1911, M45, UMP), the RFB, PPSH, etc.

ammo type/availability ultimately plays a big role in what's "lovely" vs. viable, and there is only so much amusement to be derived by dogshit meme guns - if you really want to punish yourself you already have a bolt action shotgun that has no good ammo types, the time of their team is much better spent on stuff people might actually want to use at some point

I haven’t even seen the power station sniper scav ever since they claimed to have made the same scav changes (that unintentionally removed sniper scavs from Customs) to Shoreline. Would you mind telling me which region of servers you play on?

I’ve checked power station immediately upon spawning at least 15 times and haven’t seen that sniper scav once. I’ve resorted to rushing the primary sniper scav on Woods because they just aren’t spawning anywhere else.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I just got two power station in two raids, Eastern US?

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

The Clap posted:

I’ve checked power station immediately upon spawning at least 15 times and haven’t seen that sniper scav once.

I can confirm, power station sniper scav is there every single raid. I'm playing western European servers.
Weird that they don't seem to spawn on your servers...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

The Clap posted:

I haven’t even seen the power station sniper scav ever since they claimed to have made the same scav changes (that unintentionally removed sniper scavs from Customs) to Shoreline. Would you mind telling me which region of servers you play on?

I’ve checked power station immediately upon spawning at least 15 times and haven’t seen that sniper scav once. I’ve resorted to rushing the primary sniper scav on Woods because they just aren’t spawning anywhere else.

US West, and like I said I did Tarkov Shooter Part 6 entirely after they made the scav change (which was supposedly, and as far as I know actually, restricted to Customs)