Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/business/status/1366898714992910336

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I thought Maher's remarks about 9/11 were more "Maybe America did deserve it because we're actually kind of lovely to other countries?"

This is coming from unreliable memory of watching that episode of Politically Incorrect live when it all went down.

Ehh, it more just that everyone was calling the hijackers cowards and he wanted to have a hot take, which, I mean he wasn't wrong but read the loving room man.

It's not like his spent even a token effort to combat Islamaphobia at any single point in time in the years since then. I think he was key in enabling Christopher Hitchens deep dive into that particular pool of thought.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/virgiltexas/status/1366899747827691523?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Oh man think about the level of mad she's gonna be on twitter now.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone somewhere got paid a lot of money to do this.

Reese's is launching a peanut butter cup with no chocolate

Cant wait for a new type of Oreo with no filling.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Someone somewhere got paid a lot of money to do this.

Reese's is launching a peanut butter cup with no chocolate

Cant wait for a new type of Oreo with no filling.

You’re crazy if you think people wouldn’t go hog wild for a tub of Oreo creme

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I just saw an ad on tv for thin oreos.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I think you can make your own oreo cream with melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla flavoring

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Freaquency posted:

You’re crazy if you think people wouldn’t go hog wild for a tub of Oreo creme

https://www.target.com/p/oreo-the-most-stuf-limited-edition-cookies-13-4oz/-/A-54163170

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

I thought each sleeve was going to be filled with creme with a cookie on either end, but I was sorely disappointed.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Grittybeard posted:

I just realized there's someone's out there whose life work has been to put together every inconsistency in the Star Trek universe and we just haven't been diligent enough in finding them. God bless that person.

Unless they were Aatrek or Timothy McVeigh or...well, you know it'd be that type of person. So nevermind.

I read this back in the 90s. It's a start.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Rectal Placenta posted:

I think you can make your own oreo cream with melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla flavoring

melted butter is far too healthy for oreo creme. Use vegetable shortening instead.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I once bought a bag of just lucky charms marshmallows. It was everything I hoped it would be.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Lmao literally that Dril ISIS tweet.

Excuse me it's ISIL not ISIS

Get it right!

who do you think you are i am

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jackbox tonight at the normal time, 7:30 CST

https://discord.gg/5tDvyGGn

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

That looks like the back of someone's pants.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Letting a progressive occasionally call out Ann Coulter doesn't make up for poo poo like spending half an hour letting Milo Yiannopoulis spout hateful bullshit about trans people for 20 minutes while nodding sagely.
I absolutely agree with you, and to be honest I don't even like that he let Ann Coulter go on his show. He's had a regular stream of republican guests and I think that's reasonable for the intent and design of his show, but Ann Coulter never deserved that platform or any other.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bill Mauher feels like a person who will rant endlessly about cancel culture being out of control. Am I right?

You betcha! He's friends with a bunch of comedians so he totally thinks it's "too much" for some of them to get canceled over being, e.g. transphobic or saying a racist thing or something.

Skwirl posted:

It's not like his spent even a token effort to combat Islamaphobia at any single point in time in the years since then. I think he was key in enabling Christopher Hitchens deep dive into that particular pool of thought.

He's actively promoted Islamophobia. Multiple monologues about how no, they're not just the same as Christianity in being open to interpretation, he totally feels there's something rotten in the Islamic faith and says so.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bill Maher is every comfortable lib who thinks they're the height of progressive because they voted obama twice and don't care about weed.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t understand who Bill Maher’s audience is anymore. Is it basically coastal male libs age 55-70 (like, Aaron Sorkin basically)?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Bill Maher is every comfortable lib who thinks they're the height of progressive because they voted obama twice and don't care about weed.

Bill Maher is left-leaning atheist libertarian, and liberal-leaning libertarians are pretty rare these days. He sees the insane right-wing information-free bubble for what it is, and he's most effective when he's viciously skewering it, but he also is addicted to huffing his own farts, thinks he's a lot cooler than he actually is, and clearly has nobody in his life providing a checking force on his worst opinions.

e. and he's a boomer.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

General Dog posted:

I don’t understand who Bill Maher’s audience is anymore. Is it basically coastal male libs age 55-70 (like, Aaron Sorkin basically)?

Rose Twitter

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was watching some Expanse, and saw a new character and thought to myself, “ah, I have seen this actor in a million things and he’s always great” from movies like The Firm and LA Confidential to shows The Sopranos, Billions etc. and now I know who David Straithairn is

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Bill Mauher feels like a person who will rant endlessly about cancel culture being out of control. Am I right?

Literally less than a week ago:

https://twitter.com/billmaher/status/1365537755237818368

Edit: don't watch this. It isn't worth your time.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

That place smells like Axe body spray and some kind of micro brew.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man, I got stung in the throat yesterday twice by some yellow jackets while doing yard work and gently caress me this poo poo is annoying. Like half the skin on my neck is rock hard and itchy.

E: also somehow managed to get hit in the eyeball with a twig while using the whipper snipper, despite having eyepro on. poo poo hit me in the cheek and just ramped right on in. I hate yardwork.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

saintonan posted:

melted butter is far too healthy for oreo creme. Use vegetable shortening instead.

Also Oreos are vegan so they shouldn’t use butter anyway.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

iwentdoodie posted:

E: also somehow managed to get hit in the eyeball with a twig while using the whipper snipper, despite having eyepro on. poo poo hit me in the cheek and just ramped right on in. I hate yardwork.
Huh, that's a new term for me. I've always called them "weed whacker."

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
I bought one of those e-paper notebook tablets and holy poo poo for me, someone who has a ton of notebooks and prints too much stuff for marking up documents, this is literally life changing

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
...man this isn't even an old saying or something. You had to go out of your way to get here.

https://twitter.com/InTheBleachers/status/1366909647995629568

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

best ski places outside burlington, vt?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

...man this isn't even an old saying or something. You had to go out of your way to get here.

Maybe he meant "reservation"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Android Apocalypse posted:

Huh, that's a new term for me. I've always called them "weed whacker."

It's an aussie term. I first heard it from my aussie friend, and repeated it here, but I think blindsite uses it too.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

FizFashizzle posted:

lol I was coming here to rant about lobsters we ordered being on the FedEx truck since 8 AM and still not being here, and saw this and it suddenly struck me how bougie TFF has become since the beginning

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

The guillotines I say for you all!

(As I eat my Maruchan Ramen.)

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

GD_American posted:

lol I was coming here to rant about lobsters we ordered being on the FedEx truck since 8 AM and still not being here, and saw this and it suddenly struck me how bougie TFF has become since the beginning

We’ve all become what we hated.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I’ve heard this saying before. It’s obviously routed in slavery but it is a thing some people just say like “off the reservation” or “I got gyped” without thinking through what it means.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Redistribute some of the TFF wealth my way.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

FizFashizzle posted:

Cochoran is basically in Burlington, but Stowe Mountain is less than an hour

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Stowe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hot Diggity! posted:

I bought one of those e-paper notebook tablets and holy poo poo for me, someone who has a ton of notebooks and prints too much stuff for marking up documents, this is literally life changing

Definitely want to give one of those a shot. Just using a rocketbook to keep notes in one place and ocr them into text files has been awesome.