Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1366810700031533057?s=21

Last I checked this game was kind of losing steam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

more like steam is losing it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

GOTTEM

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Fall Guys was okay but as usual the devs decided the way to be was to cater to the worst part of the player base and now it's pretty bad

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Simone Magus posted:

Fall Guys was okay but as usual the devs decided the way to be was to cater to the worst part of the player base and now it's pretty bad

Having never played the game, I'm curious how are the devs catering to the worst part of the player base?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

just another game i will not be creating an epic account to play the copy i already have

into the trash yo

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You sure showed them

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Being anti-Epic Game store is the Chem Trails of video games.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Simone Magus posted:

Still plays exactly the same if not better. How is it bad?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
you're the chem trails of videogames

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

just another game i will not be creating an epic account to play the copy i already have

into the trash yo

did you beat alatreon or what

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Epic game store didnt even exist the last time I played a pc game. Or if it did i wasnt aware of it

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

factions 2 epic games store exclusive

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Remnant seems okay except for it apparently being impossible to just run past enemies to get back to where you died, like a good soulslike

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

PlayStation Store to discontinue movie and TV purchases and rentals

quote:

At SIE, we strive to provide the best entertainment experience for PlayStation fans, and that means evolving our offerings as customer needs change. We’ve seen tremendous growth from PlayStation fans using subscription-based and ad-based entertainment streaming services on our consoles. With this shift in customer behavior, we have decided to no longer offer movie and TV purchases and rentals through PlayStation Store as of August 31, 2021.

When this change takes effect, users can still access movie and TV content they have purchased through PlayStation Store for on-demand playback on their PS4, PS5 and mobile devices. We thank our fans for their continued support, and we look forward to further enhancing the entertainment experience on PlayStation.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HDEHj2yzew

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bust Rodd posted:

people who get absurdly mad about it need to chill out, but the program itself is a pile of poo poo and it annoys me that it runs so terribly. actually gog galaxy has been running badly lately too.

i wish i could play any of my pc games without having a stupid storefront open and using up a bunch of cpu for no reason

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Epic has given me about four thousand dollars worth of free games since I registered an account to collect free games with, so from a consumer perspective, it has justified its existence to me at this point.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I get it. Removing the battle.net launcher and all its lurking bloated files was one of the happiest days of my PC’s life, but ignoring a bunch of free video games because you don’t wanna sign up for a free thing is silly if you want to play any or all of those games.

Free video games are good!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Dark souls Tuesday was a roaring success. We defeated the four kings pretty swiftly, the. The ceaseless discharge and then I got my butt handed to me by a fire demon that resembled the asylum demon!

There will be more this friday evening and also on Sunday which is to become Souls Sunday :3:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rabidsquid posted:

people who get absurdly mad about it need to chill out, but the program itself is a pile of poo poo and it annoys me that it runs so terribly. actually gog galaxy has been running badly lately too.

i wish i could play any of my pc games without having a stupid storefront open and using up a bunch of cpu for no reason

Yeah that's all pretty reasonable. Things like links and wishlists and even just the page formatting can be pretty poo poo on EGS. But to be fair, those things were poo poo on Steam for like 10+ years before it started to get its act together too.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Bust Rodd posted:

I get it. Removing the battle.net launcher and all its lurking bloated files was one of the happiest days of my PC’s life, but ignoring a bunch of free video games because you don’t wanna sign up for a free thing is silly if you want to play any or all of those games.

Free video games are good!
Exactly. A lot of them were not exactly shovelware, either - they handed out the newest, has-only-been-out-for-a-day Total War game at one point, which is a nice 60 Euros saved even if it only got middling reviews overall, because I otherwise probably would've bought it as some point anyway.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I've been using Playnite as my launcher, it's pretty nice. Storefront apps stay backgrounded and system resources aren't spent animating a hentai game sale or whatever

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

cheeseboy58 posted:

I only dabble (my girlfriend has easily put like 200 hours into it though) and a lot of the winter team games suck but then a lot of the winter solo games rule so its kind of a wash

The two worst games (picture perfect and the one with the invisible maze across vanishing tiles) are both from release so :shrug:

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

cheeseboy58 posted:

Because it's still hard to win a crown!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It's nothing to do with how good or bad the player base is, it's just a bad idea to make a game centered around comically clumsy controls and movement and then make coming in first place the only real goal to aim for

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Fall Guys was a fun month because the little dudes are cute and everyone was having a good time when they were otherwise super bummed. A game can be impactful and even hold a special moment in time without having to become a lasting IP that’s iterated and revised constantly.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

I only dabble (my girlfriend has easily put like 200 hours into it though) and a lot of the winter team games suck but then a lot of the winter solo games rule so its kind of a wash

The two worst games (picture perfect and the one with the invisible maze across vanishing tiles) are both from release so :shrug:

Picture perfect is bad, but the updated picture perfect with a rotating arm to knock people off is one of the best for absolute chaos.

The invisible maze one has always been fun to me, but it also is consistently the most random and annoying for “skill” play.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Hahahaha skill

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
How's Slime Rancher on PS4? It's only $6 right now so I doubt I can really go wrong by buying it, but I figured I'd ask here first. The basic loop seems like something I would enjoy, but I'm mainly wondering about any potential performance issues, etc.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The only movie I owned from the PlayStation store is Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

GoutPatrol posted:

I'm getting Knack 2 instead of Remnant for PS Plus this month. How is that? I never played the first as well.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"Stealth Knack is back, baby"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

*knack teleports behind you*

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
never quite certain how ironic your love for knack is

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Do people platinum games "ironically"

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

People do a lot of things ironically, wasting massive amounts of time playing video games they hate is just one of them.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

Tell me more, Busty :allears:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

did you beat alatreon or what

no dude, I looked up the strats for that because I was forlorn and holy moly my raw damage HBG would not be getting me through that fight :negative:

was not super excited to make an entirely new build just for one fight, but I decided to take the opportunity to throw together an elemental DualBlades build I'd been thinking about for a while.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

factions 2 epic games store exclusive

this post caused me physical pain

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

haveblue posted:

It's nothing to do with how good or bad the player base is, it's just a bad idea to make a game centered around comically clumsy controls and movement and then make coming in first place the only real goal to aim for

At least everything you unlock is cosmetic only, but it does end up with things feeling pretty shallow. And its definitely got a mobile game mentality in the microtransactions, almost like it should be a free game at that point. (If you got it on PS+ though ^^)

I'm honestly split on if they should make things more random or if they should make things more skill-based. At the moment its a somewhat frustrating combination of the two, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Read After Burning posted:

How's Slime Rancher on PS4? It's only $6 right now so I doubt I can really go wrong by buying it, but I figured I'd ask here first. The basic loop seems like something I would enjoy, but I'm mainly wondering about any potential performance issues, etc.

i don't know that i would say the game has any performance issues and this might not be something that affects you at all or you would care about but slime rancher has some really loving weird default fov you can't even do anything about on pc. it bothered me, although a lot of games can end up bothering me because of epilepsy, but a friend who usually never has any issue with this would get sick to the point of vomiting just from it.

i rarely if ever see this mentioned so, maybe look up some streams or something just to check. otherwise the game seemed to run fine even on a base ps4 for me