Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

*knack teleports behind you*

So this means...good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Can someone advise me about the various subscription options and whether they can be shared over the PS4 and PS5.

Hang on.. let me explain.

So a friend of mine recently purchased a PS5 and gave me his PS4. He left his Playstation account on the console so that I could have games to play.

He has a Playstation Plus subscription, I do not.

I see that there is all this stuff about setting up primary consoles. Are you allowed one PS4 and one PS5 to be set up as a primary console simultaneously? or only one or the other? Does the subscription of Playstation plus on the on PS4 allow for me to play Playstation plus games on my Playstation account? What about Playstation Now?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Tsietisin posted:

Can someone advise me about the various subscription options and whether they can be shared over the PS4 and PS5.

Hang on.. let me explain.

So a friend of mine recently purchased a PS5 and gave me his PS4. He left his Playstation account on the console so that I could have games to play.

He has a Playstation Plus subscription, I do not.

I see that there is all this stuff about setting up primary consoles. Are you allowed one PS4 and one PS5 to be set up as a primary console simultaneously? or only one or the other? Does the subscription of Playstation plus on the on PS4 allow for me to play Playstation plus games on my Playstation account? What about Playstation Now?
You can have a primary of each console, yes.

Having the PS4 set as his primary console lets you play his PS+ games with your account, yes.

PS Now is a separate subscription and I dunno how that works wrt primary consoles...

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
FUCKIN YO DUDE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgrBa7Xzv_o

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/03/03/face-your-nightmares-in-doom-3-vr-edition-for-ps-vr/

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
doubleeee pooost

i played a bit of the modded pc vr version last year and it was kinda fun. cant wait

edit: now i gotta pick up an aim controller i guess? will probably support normal controller tho right?

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 3, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

yeah it definitely will considering Move controllers are absolutely impossible to get these days

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Vikar Jerome posted:

doubleeee pooost

i played a bit of the modded pc vr version last year and it was kinda fun. cant wait

edit: now i gotta pick up an aim controller i guess? will probably support normal controller tho right?

I believe Sony's terms for VR development require DS4 support for all PSVR Aim games.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Playing Original Sin 2 with a controller kinda sucks major rear end doesn't it

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It's designed to be a PC RPG first and foremost, yeah. You can play it with a controller, but you really wouldn't want to.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I'm about 4 hrs into it on the PS4 and man it's a loving chore. I just like couch gaming.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I haven't had a problem with dos2 with using a controller? It's fine

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

I just came off DA Inquisition and it just seems like a whole ton of extra button presses just to do simple poo poo like move inventory to a different character which you got to do alot if your main doesnt have the skills to sell poo poo for the most money.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

fridge corn posted:

I haven't had a problem with dos2 with using a controller? It's fine

Same I'm playing on PC with a gamepad, no issues

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If it’s anything like the first one they did a very competent job of translating it to a controller but after playing 2 with a k&m id never want to go back. The game is just so complicated that even that extra second it takes to get to something really starts to add up.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I guess I should try out "Farpoint"

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/byyourlogic/status/1367187964070084613?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

think I fought that in Death Stranding

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Still thinking about Knack teleporting behind you and punching straight through your chest (which is a move he also has)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nothing personal

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I guess I should try out "Farpoint"

It was pretty fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QUDUyvgcHI

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Does anyone know if there's a way to clear/lessen the "Other" storage in the Applications folder on my PS4 system drive?
I'm using a 500GB SSD as my main drive and a whopping 141GB (!!) of that is taken up by "Other" in applications.
I have no downloads pending, I've rebuilt my database and I cannot for the life of me figure out what's taking up all this space!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Remnant seems okay except for it apparently being impossible to just run past enemies to get back to where you died, like a good soulslike

Remnant doesn't include corpse runs because you don't actually lose anything on death, unlike most soulslikes. It balances this out by making a lot more of your progression tied to in-game achievements, rather than farming the same group of enemies over and over.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Does anyone know if there's a way to clear/lessen the "Other" storage in the Applications folder on my PS4 system drive?
I'm using a 500GB SSD as my main drive and a whopping 141GB (!!) of that is taken up by "Other" in applications.
I have no downloads pending, I've rebuilt my database and I cannot for the life of me figure out what's taking up all this space!

It could be flagged by the system as 'deleted space waiting to be overwritten', in which case a powercycle might do it, or try deleting something small and then immediately installing something else small. I dunno. Some of this stuff can be very opaque, even on a computer. Like the classic Mac OS one where you delete items on an external drive, but then you forget to empty the trash before ejecting the drive, and all that space for the poo poo you deleted just goes into limbo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah but I just wanna run back to where I died without having to shoot everything again :(

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It could be flagged by the system as 'deleted space waiting to be overwritten', in which case a powercycle might do it, or try deleting something small and then immediately installing something else small. I dunno. Some of this stuff can be very opaque.

You're telling me! My worry is that it's some left-over junk data from when I moved from the HDD to SSD. I don't think you can read these PS4-formatted drives on a computer as far as I know? Maybe you can, I haven't tried that as it'd be a bit of a pain.
I'll try a powercycle, I've read plugging the system out for 30s can clear cache.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

You're telling me! My worry is that it's some left-over junk data from when I moved from the HDD to SSD. I don't think you can read these PS4-formatted drives on a computer as far as I know? Maybe you can, I haven't tried that as it'd be a bit of a pain.
I'll try a powercycle, I've read plugging the system out for 30s can clear cache.

You can't read the PS4 HDD on a PC, if you don't have a data cap, you can try booting up in safe mode and do a complete clean up of the HDD then reinstall the OS. That should clean any leftover from backing up the previous install. Also a 500gb SSD was not the best choice since at least 1tb is mandatory nowadays (I know this doesn't help at all).

I checked my PS4 and this is what my main HDD (1tb SSD) shows:

(poo poo pic but works)

I have plenty of garbage on my capture gallery but that's it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Tali, is that you?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Guillermus posted:

You can't read the PS4 HDD on a PC, if you don't have a data cap, you can try booting up in safe mode and do a complete clean up of the HDD then reinstall the OS. That should clean any leftover from backing up the previous install. Also a 500gb SSD was not the best choice since at least 1tb is mandatory nowadays (I know this doesn't help at all).

I checked my PS4 and this is what my main HDD (1tb SSD) shows:

If you go into Applications and scroll down to Other, how much space is that taking up?

I'm not tooo bummed out at getting 500GB, I have loads of external 2TB drives from work here so I'm not stuck for space and it doesn't take too long to shuffle games from Internal to External if I need to. The price difference between a decent 500GB and 1TB SSD was way too much to justify for me this late into the PS4's lifespan, I'll probably get a PS5 in the next year or so. I'm not playing too much PS4 games these days either so it's grand!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
TBH external HDD digital guys have the same energy as bookcase full of physical game cases guys. Just delete a game when you’re done, lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

could it be this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

lol of course its cod.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

TBH external HDD digital guys have the same energy as bookcase full of physical game cases guys. Just delete a game when you’re done, lol

do you throw all your books in the bin when you're done???

e: i read this as bookcase full of books lol

Weedle posted:

could it be this?

I couldn't find any updates/downloads.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
If my house only had room for maybe a dozen books and I could get sent a free replacement copy of any book I had ever bought, I just might

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

do you throw all your books in the bin when you're done???

If I could get a new copy for free every time I felt like rereading them? Absolutely (I’d give them away or donate them, I’m not a savage)

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If you go into Applications and scroll down to Other, how much space is that taking up?

I'm not tooo bummed out at getting 500GB, I have loads of external 2TB drives from work here so I'm not stuck for space and it doesn't take too long to shuffle games from Internal to External if I need to. The price difference between a decent 500GB and 1TB SSD was way too much to justify for me this late into the PS4's lifespan, I'll probably get a PS5 in the next year or so. I'm not playing too much PS4 games these days either so it's grand!

My "Other" is 24.56Gb so it may be some kind of update or something taking up space. Try powercycling or as I said, boot in safe mode and reinstall the OS without using a previous backup.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I had the same thing on iOS, where Other just kept ballooning till it was over half the space. It took Apple years to finally address (at which point I'd had a new phone, but my sister got the same bug. Getting that fixed was a riot, since she needed a backup of her photos, but nothing worked right as long as the phone was so overloaded. That wasted so many hours).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You mentioned using externals. I’m not 100% sure on this, but I think games in some situations living on externals can wind up dumping DLC or similar related data into this weird “other” area. Not sure if you’d have the room to work with it but it could be worth trying to plugin an external, move a game to the internal and then back to the external, as this might force it all to come along for the ride.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

remember when the elden ring trailer leaked the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

leaked out of my rear end maybe !!!!